The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• stoplurking
    Options
    I've been missing for a few days but no alcohol so 10/22 please Shaggy. Not fully caught up with the thread but I am sorry to hear about your Dad Chardonnay. X
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    12/28 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news, Chardonnay. Don't feel guilty for the wine or be hard on yourself about it, either. :)

Can I say +2 for me please, Shaggy? Sorry, I'm not sure of my total. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Chardonnay
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! It's made me feel quite emotional to see all of your lovely messages! I feel a lot stronger about everything today. I know that I need to be positive and strong to help dad. His MRI scan isn't until 11th March unfortunately (they can't do it until then as his prostate will still be swollen after the biopsy) so we have nearly a month to wait but dad is a bit more positive now and getting on with his life, so that makes it easier for us all to cope with! Thanks again, you are a lovely lot! :)

Satchmo, wow - 72 runs! You must have your 50 T shirt now then? :T It's a great concept isn't it and best of all - it's free! I agree with you about stress reduction. Running really helps me to cope with things.

No alcohol for me yesterday so I am now on 9/19 please Shaggy! Have a great weekend all!
  • BlueDaisy
    Options
    So annoyed at myself. I was so busy thinking about counting calories last night - I forgot I was supposed to be AF, and poured myself the last glass in the bottle of low alcohol wine, left from last Sunday. It wasn't until I took the first gulp that I remembered why I had left it in the fridge all blinking week! Oh well.

Stash Busting Challenge Made 16 / 50 (Get blimmin' organised!)
    MFiT - T3 #158 [STRIKE]£76920[/STRIKE] £66962 reduce to £57K by Dec 2015 - MFD Dec 2022
    Mar AFD 9/18
  • BHB
    BHB Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    6/20 please Shaggy
    CC = £000000000000000000000 !!!!!
    BOMAD = £2650 / £2800
    APEX = £4770 / £8000

...... Remember the tortoise :o BHB is that Tortoise :)
  • PriceySOS
    Options
    10 please, Shaggy

So interested to see that both Shaggy and Chardonnay do the Parkruns - I did my first two weeks ago, aged 56 - although I go to the gym, do spinning etc 3 times per week, it feels like an amazing achievement to me to run the 5k. Probably not going tomorrow because going out with my sister and husband this evening, and I have to feel on top form before I can attempt it!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Chardonnay - very best wishes that he will receive excellent treatment.

xx
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon :hello:

2 more AFDs for Wednesday & Thursday.

10953671_348957715290763_1215053111_n.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 13 February 2015 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Chardonnay so sorry to read about your Dad. I've been through some dark experiences myself in the last few years (in fact in the last decade and a half). Posting on here really helped me stay in control of my drinking, both when my Dad died two years ago and also when my sister was diagnosed with BC two and a half years ago.
    So, vent here as much as you need- it really will help.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 13 February 2015 at 2:06PM
    Options
    PriceySOS wrote: »
    So interested to see that both Shaggy and Chardonnay do the Parkruns

Ha ha not me - very much the park "walker" though. I try to get out most days. I'm lucky to live & work in areas of London with heaps of parks and its finally starting to warm up a little :T.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure