EH - Keeping on track. (AKA focus Woman! FOCUS!)

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Kinda wishing I had.....or just chopped it into chunks to add to the sauce I was making.....:D

So...NSD gained yesterday to make up for the one I didn't manage to snare on Sunday. Today should be another all being well....tomorrow....hmmm, probably not, MrEH's car will need feeding at some stage...unless we substitute using mine for a few days this week, which is possible/probably, now I come to think of it...;)

Starnac I somehow missed your comment the other day - apologies for that. No offence whatosever here, always happy to have things of that nature discussed, my only rule is no politics! ;) Ironically enough it does seem that you were right on the money too, doesn't it. Even as a non-parent I cannot begin to imagine how ANY human being can kill another, particularly such a defenceless one, but that it would very strongly appear that it was his own mother who "did the deed" is incomprehensible isn't it. Should she be found guilty then the treatment she will receive from other prisoners will be far, far worse than the actual sentence, of that much I'm sure.

Data ran out on my phone this morning - goodness knows how as I had plenty when I looked yesterday morning...well, enough anyway. Thankfully I've only got to wait until tomorrow to get some more, and I'm certainly not going to pay for extra for under 24 hours. I might try going back to keeping data switched off on the phone so it will use wi-fi when it's available, and other than that I have to consciously switch data on....needs pondering though as most people I know use either twitter or iMessage to keep in touch so it will give others problems as well as me. Hmmmm....ponder ponder ponder.

Meal-plan got a re-jig thanks to remains of flan/quiche/whatever you want to call it. Had that with jacket spuds and veg last night, tonight will be the Cauliflower & pasta bake (with added bits of thumb) and tomorrow will revert to the planned plan, IYSWIM. Shopping list for this week is currently looking reasonably short, but whether that's "sub £15 short" to allow me to stay inside my budget remains to be seen. My February food budget got a boost the other day when I did a survey which will be paid out in Luncheon Vouchers (which I can use in "ThaT SupermarkeT", handily enough) - took me all of about 5 minutes too so all good there. I'll be blogging this week I think about my plans for "Frugal Food February" - so need to give that a bit of thought as well.

Right - time to earn a crust, see you on the other side! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the habit now of having my data on all day when I'm out and as soon as I'm back in the house I change to WiFi. I also do that if I'm somewhere I know that there is free WiFi as well :D

Once you've done it a few times it's easy to maintain the habit.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Ahh, my phone is trained to automatically look for the free wi-fi stuff out and about, and will switch to home wi-fi automatically too. Sitting in the car in the morning, while MrEH is driving in, and browsing blogs, twitter etc is my downfall though. I need to do something else, like sleeping, maybe! :D the wretched pub over the way to the office have moved their router again I suspect - I used to get a signal from that over here (all above board - it's a Cloud one) but not any more. :(
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ouch! Thumb sounds nasty!

Well done on the 8 mile walk though! That's really far! Well done.

How rude of the pub to move the router where you can't get a signal now ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I know! Do you think I ought to complain?! :D:rotfl:
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Imagines a life where a phone actually has a signal that translates to some kind of data use.

I don't even get 2g here :D I'll read back again on what to do when I reach the metropolis again!

Cheeky monkeys moving routers - how rude.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

Yup! :rotfl:

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • starnac
    Options

"Excuse me, I'm from the office across the way and since you moved your router I can no longer catch up with MSE and twitter during work hours and actually have to WORK!! Could you move it back please?" :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: Love it! When I'm really short on data I have been known to wander across the road on my way home, loiter outside, download emails and twitter stuff, then carry on and read the whole lot at my leisure with data turned off!

Managed another NSD yesterday - that's up to 9 now. Not great, but possibly better than I would have managed had I not been thinking about it. Must set a more realistic target for February - feeding MrEH's car makes an impact by at least 2 days a month, then there's the usual shopping etc.... Today will NOT be a NSD (car feeding) but tomorrow might. Possibly. :o In theory should be able to make 5 next week but suspect there will be travel to consider booking on at least one of those.

MUST remember to pick up the train tickets for our weekend trip to Manchester when I get home. Forgetting the train tickets we bought well in advance for a nice cheap price would be a bit of a disaster, really. :D I've been looking for tasty but budget places to eat while we're there, and also for a meal on Friday night before we get the train from Euston - might well take something into town with me for my lunch, but don't really want to be lugging food for tea with me as well.

Other than that I've got some other travel to get booked too - need to have a look and see about booking that ready for a nice trip to Scotland over easter. :T Will be getting the sleeper, then regular train going up, and then flying back probably. Very exciting.

Also very exciting is that I'm popping into Mum & Dad's tonight to meet their rather gorgeous new puppy. :D I've seen pictures so far, and am already somewhat smitten - she's a proper cutie!

Other than that, blog post with our plans for a "Frugal Food February" is written up ready for posting later in the week, and the meal plan is being adhered to. I will need to do a proper freezer audit at some stage to work out what needs using up - I know there are some bits in there which have been languishing for a while now. I wonder how low I can actually keep food spends next month? I think the lowest I've ever managed for a "normal" month when we're not away or anything like that is about £53...I suspect I can definitely beat that! There will be no budget for next month, it will just be "buy as little as possible" - be warned Greying - I may be stalking your diary for inspiration! :rotfl:
    she/her
  • starnac
    Options
    When I used to record my NSD I used to use it as a way to stop frivolous/ unneeded spends. So I used to discount unavoidable spends such as bills etc. petrol used to come under unavoidable spends as without it I wouldn't be able to get to work.

What puppy do they have??
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts