2014 - keep crunching away

Options

Comments

• DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Right (Good Morning) I need to make some money. I'm guessing selling stuff I have is the only way forward today. So I need to find out what sells best on eBay for example - although I hate sellers fees.

Kids clothes used to too. I have old jeans (Next) and tshirts (all sorts) of my sons. Now do I sell them as a whole or separately? Any input appreciated.

Pony rugs - have one new one and some older ones but they will sell too. Wedding shoes that cost me hundreds - should make a few pounds on them. Right, that's enough to get me started.

I wonder if there are any free listing days coming up - or shall I start at 99p.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Right (Good Morning) I need to make some money. I'm guessing selling stuff I have is the only way forward today. So I need to find out what sells best on eBay for example - although I hate sellers fees.

Kids clothes used to too. I have old jeans (Next) and tshirts (all sorts) of my sons. Now do I sell them as a whole or separately? Any input appreciated.

Pony rugs - have one new one and some older ones but they will sell too. Wedding shoes that cost me hundreds - should make a few pounds on them. Right, that's enough to get me started.

I wonder if there are any free listing days coming up - or shall I start at 99p.

Pony rugs - find your local horsey stuff for sale group on Facebook and try them there first. Or Gumtree, Preloved etc. - anywhere you can specify collect in person only. Rug prices on eBay have plummeted thanks to the delivery costs.
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Thanks for the head up! I am a member of plenty of FB groups so sounds like a plan. Will need to figure a price - cost me £20 as half price (still new in bag as ordered wrong size and didn't return, naughty). Therefore would like to cover my costs.....

I've also kicked off my Family Tree "business" again but that's no money maker - I do too much for free to get good reviews :S

I stumbled across an old letter today dated 18th March 2010 which was telling me I was getting a company bonus .. I'm hoping we get one this year and given the date of the letter, I hope we hear soon.

I'm wanting to get a tow bar put on the pick up with it so DD and I can go to pony shows :D (not at the buying a trailer stage but I have one I can borrow if I smile sweetly :D ) and of course the bulk of it will go to paying debt off :(
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Wow. It's been a while.

Since I was last on my husband has had a mental breakdown and Mam has had an operation for cancer. What a lot a month can change. I don't want to go into details here, it's not the place. Things are ok now, Mam's got treatment but all is well and hubby is doing fine now.

So back to what keeps me sane. Few updates - I've had an interest in my business and did a free taster for the client - waiting to hear if they want to take it further (and pay!)

I've taken up knitting :) I feel like my Nanna. I find it therapeutic and have lots of things I'd like to try and do - might even make a few pennies in the process making gifts and selling them, modern ones.

Money wise, I got my bonus and spent it on doing things to my house, on me and my family and I'm not ashamed I didn't spend it on my debt.

However now I need to get back to normal and start thinking about paying the debt off again. This week I'm working from home relating to the above. However I'm only doing 3 days then having Thurs off as well as Good Friday. Looking forward to spending time with the kids (hubby isn't off).

So back to norm, tea tonight is beef and gravy with LO veg from yesterday. There was loads as I cooked for 18 instead of 8 LOL so it won't go to waste.
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    I've had a lovely morning. Managed to get quite a bit done for work so I feel happier there. I am focusing on one thing at a time and seeing it through - I'd started doing a bit of everything which wasn't helping.
    Lunch time now so I've hung the washing out and will unload the dishwasher in a mo. Just had beans on toast - you can't beat that for a snack.
    I've given the chickens some extra food as they are making a right racket today for some reason.
    I didn't realise how many people come to your front door when you're at work!!! Wish I could live in the middle of no where though I guess that has its downsides too!
    Feeling very positive today actually. I'm going to put some more business adverts on ebay and see if I can get a little extra on top of normal work.
    Right - paid job wise, I'm going to start a bigger project that's due in a couple of weeks today. I want everything done on time so I must stay on track to keep sane!
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Morning diary :)

I put a lot of things on ebay on Friday gone and they are starting to get small bids on them. Anything's better than nothing though right. I'm going to try and put some on each Friday - I wonder if I can get them posted on Saturday's before it closes - that would work quite well actually. Anything that doesn't sell I will put as a bundle for cheap cheap as I need rid of it (mostly kids clothes).

I also want to look at what hand made crafts sell for online, that would be more of a hobby than to supplement income.

I've put another advert on ebay for my mini business too - I need to figure out how to get it out there without costing the earth in ebay fees.

There's more money going out than coming in this month so being a chicken I'm waiting until the end of the month to do my figures, not that they will look much better then but maybe not as painful.

I'm still working from home which is blissful however I'm trying not to fall in love with it as it will be short lived.

Animal wise the pony is in my bad books, he threw a completely uncalled for bronc in for my DD last night and she had a fall hitting her head. It was over a trotting pole that he has done a million times before so my friend lunged him over it for 15 mins while I saw to DD (she's normally straight back on but was shaking with head injury) and he went fine. DD got back on a we just walked and tiny bit of trot on the lunge - he can't get away with doing that. The big girl was a nutter too, I think they can smell Spring. My friend was teaching and in her class one of the sanest boys did an almighty buck for a reason known only to him resulting in his rider being ditched too! Plus one more! So all in all I was so pleased to get home!

There was a frost here this morning so I hope my little lettuce in the greenhouse made it.

DH is doing well, he's back to normal and we're closer for it, so last night after the pits of a night, we spent some lovely time together.

Right, I'm going to get on with work for hour/hour half then take 10. That's my plan for the day as I'm working until 10 tonight with a break 12-1 and 5-7. Making sure I rest my eyes so I don't end up with splitting headache given I've already got a cold!
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Quite a bit done this morning then went to see little pony for an hour and lunged him for 20 mins or so, just to get a little sweat going. I'm sure horses are colour blind but you put a purple trotting pole in front of him and he will tell you otherwise! He likes his rustic ones!
    Anyway - all in all he did better than not which is what I'm measuring in at the moment!
    Back to work for me now - pays the bills I guess (just!)
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Morning :)

Well today is going to be a mixture of working and tidying/cleaning house ready for the long weekend off. I'm off from tomorrow :) It needs a good going over and I'm in the mood to do it so watch out house! Need to iron tho :( hate that.

My son got a place in our chosen school so I'm pleased about that. One less thing to have to have hassle over (my daughter is already there so would have to move both of them if he hadn't)

Right, off we go!
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Morning :)

Well first day off today. Had a lovely lie in and just ready. Going to go for diesel, return/exchange an item and pop to Ald1. Then we'll go and muck out and get everything ready so that when I go back we can just ride. When I go with DS I can't ride as he's too young to do as he's told and understand why he has to stay out the way! He will be with me to muck out which is fine as I can pop them outside out of his way but when I ride it's different. Not wishing his life away but it will be nice when I can take him and do everything.

ebay is ending today - not done brilliantly but better than nothing and a bit of clutter out of the way.

I'm going to do a couple of mince dishes today, some for freezer and some for tea. I think I will do a few freezer dishes whilst I am off actually.
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Hello diary

I'm feeling very content today. Having a couple of days off with nothing (extra) to do is good for the soul.

I've caught up on my sleep the last 5 weeks has taken away from me and although I still have a cold/sinus infection I'm feeling so much better. Almost human.

I'm slowly catching up with the washing but as I've got rid of the tumble dryer due to the expense the cost to run, I found my old way of washing isn't appropriate and now I have to actually put some thought into it. I've ran out of space to dry clothes so I can't wash as many loads in one day as I used to.

The house is almost organised again which makes me happy, today we're going to do the boring job of sorting the kids wardrobes and bedrooms but as our leisure. First things first, off to do a little job and to the horses - how I wish they were at home/we had the space. Best get ready first!

Oh and yesterday went to Ald1 and spent £50 - it was so busy that I thought the world was ending and none had told me! Got loads tho and made HM shep pie and it was gorgeous even if I say so myself.
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts