Where do you buy your toilet roll?

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    meg72 I buy the Iceland 4 for £1 kitchen rolls they're really good, didn't notice the loo rolls :o

Was in Home Bargains yesterday and Nicky loo rolls were £2 for 9.
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »
    Reminds me of when my mother used to do a spot of office cleaning.

She used to bring home unused toilet paper roll cast offs as the office wanted them changed where they had run down.

BUT as it was an Government run place then , they used to use the " tracing paper" type. :eek:

No reading on the loo at home because you spent most of the time trying to crumple up the paper so it was softer, so you did not sandpaper your a*se off !!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lol! The quality of these is around that of the original velvet brand toilet paper, not as soft as cushelle or triple velvet but not too bad either. Only thing is the middles are really large for our toilet roll holder xx
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't bother with the Mighty Deals ones, they are small rolls and not very good quality. False economy and they'll probably be given away.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • fs87
    fs87 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    We get the packs of 6 x Soft Silk quilted 2-ply (average 18 metres apparently) from 99p Stores. I think it's fine, doesn't look too cheap and does the job! At about 17p a roll it's a good deal to me.
  • hgotsparkle
    hgotsparkle Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    Another vote for Nicky, we buy from Farmfoods 2x packs of 9 for £4. I find it the best toilet roll too, my mum gets Andrex and when I'm at hers, Andrex just doesn't seem as thick as Nicky.
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    I bought Andrex Eco on offer at Ocado yesterday and noticed that Ocado now selling both Nicky and Regina.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    I bought Andrex Eco on offer at Ocado yesterday and noticed that Ocado now selling both Nicky and Regina.

I checked and they're selling Nicky for £3.49 for a 9 roll pack. In Farmfoods, 2 packs cost £4.

Rip off (is that a pun?);)
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Asda own (Shades) is very good, I find it stronger than Andrex (finger kept going through Andrex) and can usually get 24 rolls for around £8 but sometimes on offer so around £6.

Asda is very local for me, I don't have a FarmFoods, Aldi or Lidl close by so this works out best deal.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    down to my last pack of 24 loo rolls lol..... and I am on the hunt now for any deals etc..

I cant stand the cheap stuff, total false economy...and I also find some of the cheaper paper don't flush down the loo very well either lol..

Was in Morrisons today, don't go there very often as it is too far away, unless I am bulk buying cat food etc, and I noticed they have packs of 18? loo rolls for £3.49, just wondering if anyone has tried them, and what did they think??? as I have got to go back there on Monday, as I have ordered 16 trays of cat food, was thinking what other items I could buy there in bulk gthat is good value at mo...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :wave: If it's the "Mega Soft" you're talking about from Morries, yes I've tried it and tbh wasn't too impressed. It's what we call a "shredder":rotfl: iyswim. 2 ply, quite flimsy, with small sheets. Regina 3 ply is on offer atm at Wilko - £4 for 16 roll. http://www.wilko.com/towels-tissues+toilet-paper/regina-impressions-toilet-tissue-rolls-white-x-16/invt/0222828?VBMST=regina It's the only one I'll buy now so I stock up when it's on offer (Wilko's do offers on it quite regularly). I'm sure that Wilko's SAs think we have some vile digestive problems :rotfl:HTH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure