Where do you buy your toilet roll?

Options

Comments

• dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    We get most of our toilet rolls for free! My friend's mum cleans for a swanky company in Central London and they are really wasteful, they expect the whole dispenser of toilet roll in the staff toilets to be completely changed daily even if the rolls inside haven't been used at all. My friends mum asked the company boss's permission to take the unused rolls home as opposed to just binning them as they asked her to do and they said it's fine. If it was a public toilet she was cleaning I wouldn't be keen on taking them but as it's a rarely used staff toilet in a posh company I'm quite happy to take them because it saves us money and otherwise they would just be binned, wasting paper. They are good quality rolls too xx
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    We buy ours from Costco. They usually seem to have a huge pack of 10 x 4 packs of something like velvet or cushelle for just under £10 which is super cheap, especially for a decent brand.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 January 2014 at 3:41PM
    Options
    I have limited storage space so stick to Sainsbury's 6 pack of jumbo rolls (total 27.05 sq. metres). Also, eco friendly.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Anouchka
    Anouchka Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Farmfoods - excellent value
    Make £10 per day in May challenge: £310/123.92
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to mention Velvet - 2.50 for 6 so £5 for 12 at Iceland. Not the cheapest but they plant trees and support Trees in Cities projects. You can also name a tree see https://www.velvettissue.com and at the moment there's a 50p off coupon to download from the website.
  • cambridge5000
    Options
    Not necessarily the cheapest, but Co-operative often have brands (e.g. Andrex) at £3 for the 12 roll packs. Tend to go for those out of convenience as there is a store near by.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    my local farmfoods don't sell the triple Nicky :( they do the scented version which I don't like. I use Tesco springforce 2.25 for 9 rolls.
  • Tanswell88
    Options
    I also do the Makro BOGOF offer on packs of 24.
    *Loosing weight since September 2012 - 85lbs (6st) lost so far*
    ** Accepted for my very first credit card - June 2013**
    *** Swagbucks earned - 609 ***
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    dasophster wrote: »
    We get most of our toilet rolls for free! My friend's mum cleans for a swanky company in Central London and they are really wasteful, they expect the whole dispenser of toilet roll in the staff toilets to be completely changed daily even if the rolls inside haven't been used at all. My friends mum asked the company boss's permission to take the unused rolls home as opposed to just binning them as they asked her to do and they said it's fine. If it was a public toilet she was cleaning I wouldn't be keen on taking them but as it's a rarely used staff toilet in a posh company I'm quite happy to take them because it saves us money and otherwise they would just be binned, wasting paper. They are good quality rolls too xx

Reminds me of when my mother used to do a spot of office cleaning.

She used to bring home unused toilet paper roll cast offs as the office wanted them changed where they had run down.

BUT as it was an Government run place then , they used to use the " tracing paper" type. :eek:

No reading on the loo at home because you spent most of the time trying to crumple up the paper so it was softer, so you did not sandpaper your a*se off !!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I like icelands pack of 4 for a £1, they are 3ply.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport