Wedding budget help please!

Options
We are getting married in August and so I have my budget. Most of the money has been donated by my parents and grandparents, I've contributed about £1000 that I could spare however as I was keen to keep paying debt off that was all I could squeeze out (and also most of it was raised on ebay!)

I am keen to reduce costs and have run out of ideas!

Entertainment Budget £1200

£220 of that will be on a DJ which is in between the lowest and highest quote. Did have a quote of £150 but I couldn't find any information or previous work if that makes sense.

I was thinking I either spend £450 on a photobooth or maybe buy a DSLR second hand, something simple like an EOS 40D for £200 and then borrow a tripod and tripod flash from my OH uncle. I could either get a photo printer second hand for about £30 or I could just upload them to a Flickr account and if people want to print them then they can. So I am not sure, I know a photobooth would be great fun but can't decide whether to pay that or not.

That leaves £530 and what I would really like to do with this is to find games for people to play. Our venue is sort of like a village hall in the centre of Harrogate but without an outside area so I want to make sure people have fun. I have absolutely no ideas how to do this!!! Someone suggested XBOX Kinect on a big screen and then doing draws for who plays against who.

Ceremony £300

Fees for getting married. £300

Decorations £500.00

£346.84 has been spent on 7 chandeliers, vases and candles, vintage typewriter, lots of paper for origami flowers, lanterns, fabric for bunting (have a lot of scraps but needed some in a specific colour) tissue paper for pom poms and 100m of fairy lights. Also 3 Olympus Trip 35mm cameras to give to a couple of friends that I know enjoy taking photos. I picked up some stuff from another couple who had got married which includes 'milk bottles' bird cages, vases, mr and mrs signs etc. 1200 luggage tags from amazon also!

I have £153.16 left of my decorating budget (this does not include flowers) but at the moment I can't see what I would spend this on. I intend to grow ranunculus in my back garden for wedding flowers and then possibly buy baby's breath/gypsophilia from a flower wholesaler but that will come out of flower budget. The only thing I can think of wanting are paper lanterns and more tissue paper. Oh also do need bias tape for the bunting but that will be about £10. I may need to buy more candles, I don't have that many but will see where the cheapest place, Ikea was where I got a lot of the vases. I do need to make a table plan but I am going to get a mirror/picture frame from the local auction and use the luggage tags I bought from amazon. The walls will be pretty blank and white but hopefully looking at the beams above and seeing the pom poms and fairy lights should be enough!

I've just remembered I am getting log slices from a local tree surgeon but don't know the cost yet.

Flowers £300.00

I have priced up wholesale ranunculus for my bouquet and baby's breath for the 3 bridesmaids. My plan is to grow ranunculus and if I am successful then my flower budget will probably be reduced to about £50 which would include bulbs and ribbons etc. If it fails then I have the remaining £250 to go to a flower market etc. I had considered silk ranunculus but at the moment I can't work out whether I want real or silk ones.I might buy a tester bunch off ebay and have a look.

Stationery £100.00

Spent £57.19 which is £35 on invitation designs of Etsy as I honestly tried so hard to do it myself in publisher and failed. The rest is the cost of cardstock and bits and bobs

£42.81 left for stamps which shouldn't be more than £20 as we have 80 guests but a lot of those are couples

Transport £300.00

£300 on a beautiful vintage campervan. Guests will have to pay their own way from registry office to reception venue which is about a mile, 30 mins walk.

The Reception

Catering £1,500.00

Catering is one thing I've struggled with, to get a proper wedding breakfast in was £25 a head which was £2000 and I couldn't afford that. So we've gone for fish and chips!!! £560.00 for 80 people.

That leaves £940.00 to pay for puddings and evening buffet. Now, I am happy to have sandwiches in the evening. So we either do it ourselves the night before but then if I do I don't have a fridge big enough. Or we get takeaway pizza in, but we'd have had fish and chips so double helping of grease? Or we get subways in!! I really don't know. Both myself and OH love baking so we have spent £40 at Lakeland to get two more cake tins (big and medium no idea actual size) and are going to practice making a 3 tier rainbow cake! That is what we are doing this week actually. Then we are going to make jam tarts etc and cupcakes and then the day before the wedding we plan to visit the local pick your own strawberries and pick up a bucket load of cream for pudding after fish and chips. (No idea as to the cost though)

Chairs and Table Cloths £500.00

£240.00 will be spent on chair hire, venue has banquet chairs which I don't like, I hate chair covers. The chairs I originally wanted would have set us back £500 so I have compromised with folding wooden chairs. They aren't a necessity however the venue doesn't have enough chairs anyway so didn't want to mix banquet (horrible green things) with wooden chairs. They have table cloths but I have £260.00 in reserve as I haven't asked if I can use them. They have trestle tables so will be using those, table cloths hide the uglieness!

Hire of Venue £300.00

Local church hall £300 to hire it for Saturday. She will let us in Friday morning to decorate and Sunday to clean up.

Wedding Cake £150.00

£40.00 spent on cake tins, will need to spend more on gel colour paste for the rainbow cake. Won't be iced, will have buttercream filling and dusted with icing sugar. Cake topper will come from decorations budget or might just make a mini bunting cake topper.
So I have £110 left.

Fashion etc

The Rings £100.00

I have my ring from my grandmother, family heirloom. She has paid to have it resized, value is about £600. I hope to go to a jewellery quarter and get my other halfs ring for about £100. I've said when I can afford it I will get him a more expensive ring.

Brides stuff £400.00

I've spent £190.20 so fair. I've bought a dress off ebay for £99, if I don't like it I will resell it. I've also bought two pairs of shoes (£90 so nearly as much as the dress). I have wide feet so its difficult to get shoes that look right. I think I will resell one pair at some point as I don't like them as much. Luckily they have a high resell value as they are Vivienne Westwood. I checked this all out before I bought them. They were second hand but not worn if that makes sense.

So I have £209.80 left for jewellery and accessories. Obviously I don't intend to spend this much! But if the dress and shoes don't work out and I sell them on I might have to use this money for another one. Worst case scenario I use savings from other parts of the budget to buy a new or sample dress.

Groom Suit £200.00

I intend to get him and our son matching suits, this is the max cost. Not purchased yet as he has some weight to lose.

hair Bride £180.00

I am not very good at my own makeup or hair and think this is the cheapest I can get it. Local hair salon and then a lady does makeup for £110 for two people.

I am not buying the bridesmaids dresses or paying for their hair and makeup. Reason is that they offered to buy their own dresses so we have found someone who can make them for £50 each and they can wear them again. Not every bridesmaid wants their hair and makeup done. One just wants her hair, another just wants the makeup! So they are paying for whichever themselves.

So my budget is £6030, I've spent £2554.23 in theory (this includes actual and promised expenditure ie venue and ceremony fees) and have £3475.77 left.

That was quite therapeutic
Money money money.

Debt
Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55

Comments

• pinkie_pie
    Options
    Hey

I'm in a similar boat, planning our upcoming wedding (although I have been married before!)'and your list has given me food for thought!

A few things stick out to me - is your wedding a vintage theme overall ? If so, Xbox and fish and chips aren't especially vintage in theme! A friend who had a beach wedding bought some large wooden games to play (noughts and crosses etc) which may tie in better. I'm hoping to find a local band to play instead of a dj, happy to pay but would like a live feel :)

Have you thought of just doing one meal? Do you have lots more evening guests? What I hope to do (to reduce costs) is to have a ceremony lateish in the day (as possible) to then go for sit down meal/evening entertainment. We have a guest list where we aren't inviting additional people in the 'evening' though. If that isn't possible/timings permitting, what about an 'afternoon tea' with little sandwiches/cakes to fit in with the vintage feel, then your hot meal in the evening?

If it is a vintage feel I'd try and source tablecloths on ebay, charity shops etc. you could get some gorgeous ones and resell to recoup the money. Also don't forget to consider recouping money in other areas such as decoration by reselling might allow you a little extra in areas you are struggling in.

Thoughts for a photo booth - if you pay a teenage relation etc to man it for you with your equipment (again resale able) Or try contacting local college see if a photography student could help? I'm not keen on them personally but it would help bring costs down. Could also use them for actual photography as you have only mentioned friends with cameras. I'd also look on wedding forums - sometimes photographers will offer their services for free to build a portfolio, and your photographs are your memories of the day.

I'd take some of the huge entertainment budget you have and increase the catering if you were struggling. Also would put towards better ring for your oh - that way you don't have to worry about it at a later date.

Just a few thoughts, I don't know if any is of use to you but it has helped me think about our wedding :)

We are getting married in August and so I have my budget. Most of the money has been donated by my parents and grandparents, I've contributed about £1000 that I could spare however as I was keen to keep paying debt off that was all I could squeeze out (and also most of it was raised on ebay!)

I am keen to reduce costs and have run out of ideas!

£220 of that will be on a DJ which is in between the lowest and highest quote. Did have a quote of £150 but I couldn't find any information or previous work if that makes sense.

I was thinking I either spend £450 on a photobooth or maybe buy a DSLR second hand, something simple like an EOS 40D for £200 and then borrow a tripod and tripod flash from my OH uncle. I could either get a photo printer second hand for about £30 or I could just upload them to a Flickr account and if people want to print them then they can. So I am not sure, I know a photobooth would be great fun but can't decide whether to pay that or not.

That leaves £530 and what I would really like to do with this is to find games for people to play. Our venue is sort of like a village hall in the centre of Harrogate but without an outside area so I want to make sure people have fun. I have absolutely no ideas how to do this!!! Someone suggested XBOX Kinect on a big screen and then doing draws for who plays against who.

Ceremony £300

Decorations £500.00

£346.84 has been spent on 7 chandeliers, vases and candles, vintage typewriter, lots of paper for origami flowers, lanterns, fabric for bunting (have a lot of scraps but needed some in a specific colour) tissue paper for pom poms and 100m of fairy lights. Also 3 Olympus Trip 35mm cameras to give to a couple of friends that I know enjoy taking photos. I picked up some stuff from another couple who had got married which includes 'milk bottles' bird cages, vases, mr and mrs signs etc. 1200 luggage tags from amazon also!

I have £153.16 left of my decorating budget (this does not include flowers) but at the moment I can't see what I would spend this on. I intend to grow ranunculus in my back garden for wedding flowers and then possibly buy baby's breath/gypsophilia from a flower wholesaler but that will come out of flower budget. The only thing I can think of wanting are paper lanterns and more tissue paper. Oh also do need bias tape for the bunting but that will be about £10. I may need to buy more candles, I don't have that many but will see where the cheapest place, Ikea was where I got a lot of the vases. I do need to make a table plan but I am going to get a mirror/picture frame from the local auction and use the luggage tags I bought from amazon. The walls will be pretty blank and white but hopefully looking at the beams above and seeing the pom poms and fairy lights should be enough!

I've just remembered I am getting log slices from a local tree surgeon but don't know the cost yet.

Flowers £300.00

I have priced up wholesale ranunculus for my bouquet and baby's breath for the 3 bridesmaids. My plan is to grow ranunculus and if I am successful then my flower budget will probably be reduced to about £50 which would include bulbs and ribbons etc. If it fails then I have the remaining £250 to go to a flower market etc. I had considered silk ranunculus but at the moment I can't work out whether I want real or silk ones.I might buy a tester bunch off ebay and have a look.

Stationery £100.00

Spent £57.19 which is £35 on invitation designs of Etsy as I honestly tried so hard to do it myself in publisher and failed. The rest is the cost of cardstock and bits and bobs

£42.81 left for stamps which shouldn't be more than £20 as we have 80 guests but a lot of those are couples

Transport £300.00

£300 on a beautiful vintage campervan. Guests will have to pay their own way from registry office to reception venue which is about a mile, 30 mins walk.

The Reception

Catering £1,500.00

Catering is one thing I've struggled with, to get a proper wedding breakfast in was £25 a head which was £2000 and I couldn't afford that. So we've gone for fish and chips!!! £560.00 for 80 people.

That leaves £940.00 to pay for puddings and evening buffet. Now, I am happy to have sandwiches in the evening. So we either do it ourselves the night before but then if I do I don't have a fridge big enough. Or we get takeaway pizza in, but we'd have had fish and chips so double helping of grease? Or we get subways in!! I really don't know. Both myself and OH love baking so we have spent £40 at Lakeland to get two more cake tins (big and medium no idea actual size) and are going to practice making a 3 tier rainbow cake! That is what we are doing this week actually. Then we are going to make jam tarts etc and cupcakes and then the day before the wedding we plan to visit the local pick your own strawberries and pick up a bucket load of cream for pudding after fish and chips. (No idea as to the cost though)

£240.00 will be spent on chair hire, venue has banquet chairs which I don't like, I hate chair covers. The chairs I originally wanted would have set us back £500 so I have compromised with folding wooden chairs. They aren't a necessity however the venue doesn't have enough chairs anyway so didn't want to mix banquet (horrible green things) with wooden chairs. They have table cloths but I have £260.00 in reserve as I haven't asked if I can use them. They have trestle tables so will be using those, table cloths hide the uglieness!

Hire of Venue £300.00

Local church hall £300 to hire it for Saturday. She will let us in Friday morning to decorate and Sunday to clean up.

Wedding Cake £150.00

£40.00 spent on cake tins, will need to spend more on gel colour paste for the rainbow cake. Won't be iced, will have buttercream filling and dusted with icing sugar. Cake topper will come from decorations budget or might just make a mini bunting cake topper.
    So I have £110 left.

Fashion etc

The Rings £100.00

I have my ring from my grandmother, family heirloom. She has paid to have it resized, value is about £600. I hope to go to a jewellery quarter and get my other halfs ring for about £100. I've said when I can afford it I will get him a more expensive ring.

Brides stuff £400.00

I've spent £190.20 so fair. I've bought a dress off ebay for £99, if I don't like it I will resell it. I've also bought two pairs of shoes (£90 so nearly as much as the dress). I have wide feet so its difficult to get shoes that look right. I think I will resell one pair at some point as I don't like them as much. Luckily they have a high resell value as they are Vivienne Westwood. I checked this all out before I bought them. They were second hand but not worn if that makes sense.

So I have £209.80 left for jewellery and accessories. Obviously I don't intend to spend this much! But if the dress and shoes don't work out and I sell them on I might have to use this money for another one. Worst case scenario I use savings from other parts of the budget to buy a new or sample dress.

Groom Suit £200.00

I intend to get him and our son matching suits, this is the max cost. Not purchased yet as he has some weight to lose.

hair Bride £180.00

I am not very good at my own makeup or hair and think this is the cheapest I can get it. Local hair salon and then a lady does makeup for £110 for two people.

I am not buying the bridesmaids dresses or paying for their hair and makeup. Reason is that they offered to buy their own dresses so we have found someone who can make them for £50 each and they can wear them again. Not every bridesmaid wants their hair and makeup done. One just wants her hair, another just wants the makeup! So they are paying for whichever themselves.

So my budget is £6030, I've spent £2554.23 in theory (this includes actual and promised expenditure ie venue and ceremony fees) and have £3475.77 left.

That was quite therapeutic
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    A few things stick out to me - is your wedding a vintage theme overall ? If so, Xbox and fish and chips aren't especially vintage in theme! A friend who had a beach wedding bought some large wooden games to play (noughts and crosses etc) which may tie in better. I'm hoping to find a local band to play instead of a dj, happy to pay but would like a live feel :)

It isn't a vintage theme, its just all higgledypiggledy, the table decorations will be a bit rustic and a bit cutesy, I need to order washi tape. What ties it all together is that all the colours are pastel! Bridesmaids are in pastel green or peach (haven't decided) and then the pom poms will be pastel, etc etc.
    The fish and chips is just because it was cost saving and yum. We are going to bake quite a few cakes and if my chest freezer is empty by august which it should be then I can freeze a test sponge and defrost it after a month to see whether its dried out, hopefully not

Have you thought of just doing one meal? Do you have lots more evening guests? What I hope to do (to reduce costs) is to have a ceremony lateish in the day (as possible) to then go for sit down meal/evening entertainment. We have a guest list where we aren't inviting additional people in the 'evening' though. If that isn't possible/timings permitting, what about an 'afternoon tea' with little sandwiches/cakes to fit in with the vintage feel, then your hot meal in the evening?

OH refuses to do an afternoon tea, we are getting married at 12 so we plan to feed everyone at 3, then have buffet sandwiches around 7. I don't expect all 80 to be there in the evening so I will cater for 60 but not sure what I will feed them exactly, OH wants subways!

If it is a vintage feel I'd try and source tablecloths on ebay, charity shops etc. you could get some gorgeous ones and resell to recoup the money. Also don't forget to consider recouping money in other areas such as decoration by reselling might allow you a little extra in areas you are struggling in.

I am going to sell EVERYTHING when it is over, even 30% back is good! I have a very good charity shop near me who gets quite a lot of stuff in so am going to give them a list of what I want and then the lady I know will let me know. There is a place called Thompsons Auctioneers and they are excellent for flea market stuff, some sells at really decent prices. So I have my eye out and will be checking their online registry every Wed and I can place an online vote on the Thursday night after going and looking at it all

Thoughts for a photo booth - if you pay a teenage relation etc to man it for you with your equipment (again resale able) Or try contacting local college see if a photography student could help? I'm not keen on them personally but it would help bring costs down. Could also use them for actual photography as you have only mentioned friends with cameras. I'd also look on wedding forums - sometimes photographers will offer their services for free to build a portfolio, and your photographs are your memories of the day.

I have my actual photography for free, OH's Uncle is a photographer so that saves a bucket. The photobooth was more in the entertainment side. I know how much I enjoyed it at the wedding I went to.

I'd take some of the huge entertainment budget you have and increase the catering if you were struggling. Also would put towards better ring for your oh - that way you don't have to worry about it at a later date.

The catering budget should be fine, it will cover fish and chips, then buffet and table wine and soft drinks. If anyone wants to drink beer they can bring it themselves!

Just a few thoughts, I don't know if any is of use to you but it has helped me think about our wedding :)

I am glad I've helped!When is your wedding?
    Money money money.

Debt

• emmaglet
    emmaglet Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread so far, especially as we are just starting to plan our wedding and I had no idea how much things cost, eep.

Rainbow cakes are my "thing", I baked this one a few months ago using the Wilton icing gel colours

BYQIbjxIgAAOmhA.jpg

Can't wait to read more!
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

:j Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida! :j
  • SarahBubbles
    Options
    How about getting some polaroid style instant cameras, or go mega old school and set up some cheap easels, pens and paper for people to draw each other, to then pin on a wall? Might be funny after a few drinks!

Entertainment wise I always wanted to have village fete style games to entertain people at my wedding - simple things like skittles, giant jenga, hoopla etc! I think they might be cheap to buy or even make? Might need people to man the odd game but that could be a job for the ushers?
  • gadgeteer_2
    Options
    I've done a photobooth before for a charity event and it's not as easy as it sounds. Firstly your background. Do you know where you fill put it? Secondly the tripod is a trip hazard. Especially if you have kids and drunken guests around. Thirdly you tie up a guest doing it who will probably not really know how a camera works. Lastly the cost of props to make the whole thing "fun" will add considerably to the overall cost.

That's why I'd lean towards a professional booth. £450 is a lot for a photobooth and nowadays you can get cheaper. If you are interested, I can probably recommend you a company i know but I don't want to appear like I'm selling so PM me.

Lastly I don't see any budget for a photographer. Is a family/friend doing them?
  • abby1234519
    edited 15 January 2014 at 10:36PM
    Options
    emmaglet wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed reading this thread so far, especially as we are just starting to plan our wedding and I had no idea how much things cost, eep.

Rainbow cakes are my "thing", I baked this one a few months ago using the Wilton icing gel colours

Can't wait to read more!

wcl0lh.jpg

So this is my attempt! Now I did follow a recipe however the recipe wanted plain flour so the cake turned out ridonkulous. Will attempt this week with self raising flower and less layers. I can bake and I bake a lot but I thought I would follow a recipe to the letter. My other half has made some lovely cupcakes this evening however he deviated when making the icing and put less icing sugar than it called for so its runny. I picked up icing gel colours at asda to have a go before I went the whole hog and bought a big pack on amazon.
    Money money money.

Debt

• abby1234519
    Options
    How about getting some polaroid style instant cameras, or go mega old school and set up some cheap easels, pens and paper for people to draw each other, to then pin on a wall? Might be funny after a few drinks!

Entertainment wise I always wanted to have village fete style games to entertain people at my wedding - simple things like skittles, giant jenga, hoopla etc! I think they might be cheap to buy or even make? Might need people to man the odd game but that could be a job for the ushers?

I have some vintage Olympus trip 35 cameras which I will put on the tables, not instant but I do like film cameras. I am going to buy a few disposable ones. Also perhaps get one of those wedding apps so people can upload photos they have taken. I really like the easels idea. I actually am going to do that. I had thought about making people lie down and draw round them but maybe thats too far.....but the easel idea is excellent. I don't know if village fete games will work if I don't have an outside area? There is a bit of one but it really lis like 2m by 4m sort of thing at the front. Do you think there could be any for inside?
    Money money money.

Debt

• abby1234519
    Options
    gadgeteer wrote: »
    I've done a photobooth before for a charity event and it's not as easy as it sounds. Firstly your background. Do you know where you fill put it? Secondly the tripod is a trip hazard. Especially if you have kids and drunken guests around. Thirdly you tie up a guest doing it who will probably not really know how a camera works. Lastly the cost of props to make the whole thing "fun" will add considerably to the overall cost.

That's why I'd lean towards a professional booth. £450 is a lot for a photobooth and nowadays you can get cheaper. If you are interested, I can probably recommend you a company i know but I don't want to appear like I'm selling so PM me.

Lastly I don't see any budget for a photographer. Is a family/friend doing them?

I've gone and booked a photobooth now for £345 which I think is good value! I worked out that after getting a camera (even though I would use it past the wedding) and the cost of everything and then also if I wanted to print it....it wouldn't be financial good sense! OH uncle is a professional photographer so he is doing the photos, closer to the wedding I am going to show him the style I like, hopefully it won't insult him by showing him. By that I mean I love reportage style I can't stand posed photos they make me cringe. Not other people's photos, the thought of me posing makes me cringe
    Money money money.

Debt

• abby1234519
    Options
    See revisions!!!!!!!

£220 DJ (as mentioned before)
    £345 Photobooth

Leaves £635. As ideas above I like the easel and drawing idea. That could be fun. Village fete ideas as well however limited space so not entirely sure. Games to play on tables but people will be eating so not sure how it would work.

Ceremony £300

Decorations £500.00

£346.84 spent on vases and decorations so far. I still need to make origami flowers from my english literature books (from uni) and tissue pom poms.

I've spent a little bit more on a frame for a table plan about £17 I think. Its a big ornate frame. I also need to source plenty of cheap pillar candles.

Flowers £300.00

Still plan to grow my own flowers! Need to do more research in growing ranunculus

Stationery £100.00

Bought some stamps at Paperchase for £8. I have £24.39 left for stamps. This should be enough. In fact it will do, I mean I am sending an invite to my family which will cover 6 people!

Transport £300.00

£300 on a beautiful vintage campervan.

The Reception

Catering £1,500.00

Fish and Chips £560.00 for 80 people.

I also popped to Costco for the first time in months at the weekend. Priced up cakes, £7.99 for the huge chocolate cake although I don't actually like it. But they have the victoria sponge cake and a few other bits. Thinking scones, cream and jam. Can get clotted cream in bulk at Costco (saves a lot) also milk carton sized cream etc. They also have frozen desserts, frozen fruit etc so I just need to decide what I am going to do. I love the New York cheesecake, feeds far too many people.

£240.00 on chair hire
    £260 left for any extra tables (which I doubt we need)

Hire of Venue £300.00

Local church hall £300 to hire it for Saturday. She will let us in Friday morning to decorate and Sunday to clean up. Bit worried as she hasn't replied to my email from 10 days ago to ask for the forms and how to pay for the hire.

Wedding Cake £150.00

So I have £110 left. I may go over this if all of our cake attempts fall flat! If so I will buy a standard wedding cake from marks and spencers and make it myself

Fashion etc

The Rings £100.00

I hope to go to a jewellery quarter and get my other halfs ring for about £100. I've said when I can afford it I will get him a more expensive ring.

Brides stuff £400.00 £276.70 spent

Chinese made dress (a risk) £99
    Another dress on ebay £80 Phase Eight Stephanie. I have a friend who is a seamstress who will alter the neckline. The chinese dress is two sizes larger than the Phase Eight. I think I can lose enough to fit the phase eight if not it isn't the end of the world but it is pretty beautiful. Probably will sell the first dress on.

2 x pairs of shoes £90.

£123.30 left for accessories. I plan to wear jewellery I already own but I haven't decided on hair stuff. So I will be leaving that until the last minute when I know what my hair will be like.

Groom Suit £200.00

Hair and makeup Bride £180.00

Not booked hair, makeup lady will do 2 x people for £110 so cost would be £55. Wowee...I will attempt to get my skin clear and in good condition before August in the hope that I manage to be able to do my own makeup. My issue isn't eye makeup, I am good at that but at the moment I am spotty but also have dry and oily skin so foundation slides off. It looks a mess so I don't bother wearing foundation.
    Money money money.

Debt

• krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Just wondered, with regards to your skin, you could try putting foundation on and setting it with powder on a brush on the oily parts of your face?

:)

ETA have you thought about who will be serving the food?

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing