TSB Enhance

Options
A while ago there was a thread about the problems with opening TSB Enhance accounts online (taking a long time for them to be processed). Posters were recommending opening them in branch instead as they were processed a lot faster. Does anyone know whether the online opening situation has got any better, because I'd like to open a couple of these but don't have a local branch.

Comments

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Telephone will be quicker. You'll be able to open the first one on-line if you prefer.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    Telephone will be quicker. You'll be able to open the first one on-line if you prefer.

Opened first one online successfully. Do I remember correctly that you have to wait 24 hours between opening each new Enhance account?
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Opened first one online successfully. Do I remember correctly that you have to wait 24 hours between opening each new Enhance account?

That's BoS, with TSB Enhance and LLoyds, you can open 3 accounts at once at a branch. Telephone seems a bit more tricky but you can easily open 2, and online normally restricts you to one. Branch visit/Telephone also gives you the benefit of getting the sort code and account numbers for all accounts by the end of the visit/call.

So I'd give them a call on Thursday to open the 2nd and 3rd.
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 December 2013 at 7:30PM
    Options
    If you want to open a second or third TSB Enhance online apply via this link shown below.

You need to leave 24 hours between applications.

See copy below of my previous postings.

Just noticed on the TSB website under Enhance they give you the option to open a second current account. When you click the apply button you have to log in. You are then directed to a secure site where you are only asked a couple of questions about your nationality and employment, no other details show on the page before you click the apply button.

This is the actual page which shows Apply for an additional Classic Account.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/current_accounts/classic_and_classic_plus_accounts.asp
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2013 at 8:26PM
    Options
    See my previous post.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64111093&highlight=#post64111093
    This gives the URL to use once logged in to enable you to apply for additional accounts.

I opened two additional accounts with TSB and two with BoS in December where previously I had the "we are not able to offer you a secondary current account" message.
    Did wait 24 hrs between each application.
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I opened an Enhance account online on Sunday. Received account number and sort code on the confirmation screen at the end of the process.
    Username and password set up as part of application. Online banking (memorable info) set-up done via website. £5k transferred in without any issue.

Start to finish was only 15 minutes. Unsurprisingly the process looks the same as Lloyds Vantage, so should be as easy to set up extra accounts.
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    See my previous post.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64111093&highlight=#post64111093
    This gives the URL to use once logged in to enable you to apply for additional accounts.

Tried it a few times over a few days and every time got the "We are unable to offer you a second account". Got fed up and rang them up and the account was created and I was given sort code/account number within about 15 minutes (as they have to read out the main T&Cs to you).
  • 10_66
    Options
    See my previous post.

I opened two additional accounts with TSB and two with BoS in December where previously I had the "we are not able to offer you a secondary current account" message.
    Did wait 24 hrs between each application.

I don't remember having to wait for activation codes for Halifax, BoS or Lloyds (but I did open all those a long time ago). I tried the link, but was told I have to wait for the activation code which is supposed to be received in a few days' time.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't need an activation code for the second and third accounts. They just appeared online around 2 days after applying.
    Was it the shortened application you used? The one that just asks for your employment status and the name of your employer.
  • 10_66
    Options
    I didn't need an activation code for the second and third accounts. They just appeared online around 2 days after applying.
    Was it the shortened application you used? The one that just asks for your employment status and the name of your employer.

I've only applied for one so far and done so online, so it was the full application. When I tried doing as suggested in the link for the second I was told I'd have to wait for the activation code before I could use any services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure