Changing the name of deeds on a property

Options
Hi,

I own a property with my old man, got married about 18 months ago and now need to remortgage under mine and my wifes name,

Does anyone know the process we need to do to remove my father from the name of the property and add my wife?

Regards

Mark

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bevanoli wrote: »
    Hi,

I own a property with my old man, got married about 18 months ago and now need to remortgage under mine and my wifes name,

Does anyone know the process we need to do to remove my father from the name of the property and add my wife?

Regards

Mark

You'll need to apply for a mortgage in your own right (i.e. with your wife).
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bevanoli wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards

Mark
    A remortgage and a "one-off, one-on" transfer of equity.

Lender does mortgage work, issues offer. Matter passed to solicitor to complete legal work.

Will have cost and possibly stamp duty implications, depending on amount involved.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure