Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You're doing so well. At least you'll have insulation over the winter.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    You're doing so well. At least you'll have insulation over the winter.

Yes my heating bills will definitely be smaller this winter!!
    :rotfl:
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    This Week's update:

1. Pay Loans x 2 (£5906) -now £0 - :) - ACTION COMPLETE!

2.Pay & close x 4 CCs (£5764) - now £0- :) All 4 cards closed!!!! :TACTION COMPLETE!
    3. Start AVC's- COMPLETE - AVCs started in this month's pay :) ACTION COMPLETE!
    4. Read 4 books - 2 books read. 'My husband's secret' rated 8/10. What to expect when you are expecting. 7/10.
    5.Try to exercise 5 days a week, even if only a 10 minute walk at lunchtime- Exercised 2 days last week, aiming to try for 3 days this week and build it up.
    6. Eat a healthy diet and limit pregnancy related weigh gain at no more than 15 pounds. - I am the same weight now as I was the week I got pregnant so no weight gain yet for me!
    7. Redecorate my bedroom - painter and decorator is booked! New bedding has been purchased. Looked at nice new curtains from Next and a new bed with extra storage. It's getting there.

8. Practice Relaxation through prayer and meditation regularly - doing this every night.

9. GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE HOUR! - getting better but still improvement to make.
    10 - Decorate nursery - no progress as yet but decided on colour scheme which is a start which will be accentuated with pink or blue depending on the 20 week scan!!!
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You've done so well you need at least one more goal for the last quarter. I need to update this weekend.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 September 2014 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Hey you two!

NYD glad the nausea has passed & you are doin so well with your goals.

INOD you are also doin well, I think we all need to realise that these big changes we want to make all start with little babysteps.

Babysteps all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

I am already looking forward to 2015 goals, Anyone else LOL

Anyhoo I am sorry I am very bad at updating on here I will really really reallyyyyyyyy try my best to be one here at least once a week.

NYD that is my birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! So excited for you.

Ok so here is my update so far.

1. Save £5000 (want to buy a house so this will be a start)

Well this has went downhill, Used all of the saving to reduce the debt. Will start this again from January 2015 & this is when it will be kicked into overdriveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2. Weigh 10st 7lbs (long long longgggggggg road)

Started back at Slimming World. I weighed in at Boots at 16st 7lbs & was gonna do it all myself but I realised I need the support of a group & someone else to weigh me. Joined SW at 16st 5lbs & I am now 16st 2lbs. I have lost 5lbs in total & I am breaking down my weightloss into 12 babysteps, Each one 7lbs. 2lbs to go to reach my first step!!! I have a nomination charm bracelet & for each step I am going to treat myself to a new charm.

3. Get into exercise (I am a lazy sod)

Still a lazy sod, I just struggle at this weight. Its a confidence thing aswell I think, Have got some DVDs at home so might give it a bash.

4. Keep to my shopping budget (Not good at this at all)

I am sometimes great at this & sometimes awful, Moved house 2 weeks ago so spending is a little bit all over the place right now. Will be fully reigned in by the end of the month. I do now have a small list of things needed but will be saving to buy these rather than splurging on the credit cards.

5. Get a job (This should probably have been number 1! Oops)

Still in the job I started in March 2014, Enjoying it but still dreaming for the lotto win, I have been playing this for years when when when is it my blooming turn!

6. Pass my driving test (Theory passes 13th December 2013)

Passed this on 4th February 2014, Beautiful Primrose (Yes I know shes not yellow I just love the name) purchased 16th March 2014. Only had 1 small minor incident with a fence, popped off the wing mirror cover & made a hell of a racket, Children laughed at me, My pride was the only thing hurt though LOL

7. Pay off debt £3890.88

This did go up a bit to be honest, For the actual amount see my signature. Its now £1800.00.

8. Save up £10,000.00 for Las Vegassssssssssssssss 2016

My best friend ever is getting married there. So its gonna be amazing, We will work our buts off & sacrifice a lot to save this money. I know it would be better spent in other places but I don't care about that will be 100% worth it!

Be back laters

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    1. Get sugar control (I'm diabetic)
    babysteps continue and have yoyoed back to 14st 6lb. a whole 1lb less than at the start of the year. would really love to end the year in the 13s not sure when that last happened.
    2. put savings in best place possible
    see sig.we now have £8k earning 1.3% more pa than our mortgage costs. Still hold £1k in current account and have £201 in cash & regular saver ISA with £1450 @ 2.09% more than mortgage
    3. Make mortgage annual overpayments equivalent to 4x monthly payment plus interest
    managed q1 & q2. £2059 towards q3
    4. Lose weight. .
    see 1
    5. Declutter
    Gave a suit that just wasn't right for me to a friend's daughter for interviews.
    6. Take garden in hand
    Fundamentally lazy
    7. expand 'flylady' daily routines
    I wish
    8. Get rid of ugly clothes bought because they fit and not cos they were nice.
    at least one item that qualifies disposed of, 2 more en route to charity shop
    9. Appreciate my home and make it nicer
    see 5.
    10.be more disciplined in my job
    babysteps
    11. Be less wasteful
    Ok I suppose
    12. Donate
    charity shop and friend
    13. eat out less, fewer takeaways (inc lunch)
    no spends on snacks in work. had 1 meal out as had a 50% off voucher
    14. Move, as in exercise, at least twice a week
    managed 1 walk

Dolly, I totally love your update and revised goal. I've decided that I'm gonna stick with my sugar control til the end of the year and, if I'm still managing it, next year's target will be to get medication reduced by the doctor. Hope everyone manages a good week.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I plan on joining in on the 2015 thread :D
    Must use my stash up!
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You could join for the last quarter of 2014.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could join for the last quarter of 2014.

Hmm I could, but I think I will hold off
    Must use my stash up!
  • Newyorkdreams
    Newyorkdreams Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Hey Dolly Rocker - GREAT to see you back on the thread. You'll get there girl with all your goals, keep chipping away! What a fab goal Las Vegas is - how much spending money are you planning to take??!!! We went to Hong Kong, Thailand, Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns for £10K!!! xxx
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family