We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

madbid

Options

Comments

• Protocol45
    Protocol45 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    In my opinion it is, post edited to make people sleep easy.
    On a side note, if I would prove it, then the site would be shut down by now because the information would be out there. It is obvious they do, let us put it that way.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Protocol45 wrote: »
    In my opinion it is, post edited to make people sleep easy.

I don't think the reason for questioning your post was in order to help people sleep easy, more to help ensure that the post or entire thread doesn't get removed.

Making slanderous comments about any business would give them or their legal team a good reason to apply to get the entire thread removed, something that they might have been looking to get done for a while.
  • Money-Saving-King
    Money-Saving-King Posts: 2,044 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2014 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Making slanderous comments about any business would give them or their legal team a good reason to apply to get the entire thread removed, something that they might have been looking to get done for a while.

They probably are.
    bradders55 wrote: »
    Also look at this blog stating according to their research the site is a scam..........

madbidisscam.blogspot I cannot post the link but if you google this I am sure it will come up.

Noname.jpg
  • Protocol45
    Protocol45 Posts: 138 Forumite
    edited 24 August 2014 at 2:11AM
    Options
    Well, thank goodness eh.

Oh and I found this on the issue also:
    Do you know what this is? It's a loophole in a law set by the Gambling Commission on lotteries.

A few years ago this couple put their property up on the internet as a raffle of £20 per entry where if they didn't meet their "reserve price" in property value they'd refund all ticket entries. As it happens, they made about £80K more than reserve so they were ready to pick a winner.

Basically the gambling commission didn't like it as it was classed as a lottery (a pay to enter competition) and they weren't registered and it went into some sort of legal batter so I think they were forced to refund anyway.

Madbid have basically masked the fact it's a pay to enter competition by making the winner have to pay the final value.
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    Well, thank goodness eh.

The standard of grammar and spelling in that article make it appear as it was written by a semi-literate youngster rather than by "database professionals"

MadBid is a scam and we can proof it.

We are database professionals in London who do data analysis and data mining as a daily job.

A time ago we [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] set up a monitoring solution.

After professionally analyzing the data we found

but the user only has to pay if he LOOSES the auction.

It is hard to PROOF it and this blog is about PROOFING the scam

which is also a build in feature of MadBid,

We will post here if we can proof it.

in all auctions of substancial value people

a few secondes before the winner is selected

"terms an conditions" of MadBid.com, who are clearly breached by this company.

If they are "database professionals", I'm Kate Middleton.
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    Well, thank goodness eh.

It's got a comedy bit as well!

"Call for lawyers

If you are a good lawyer and see chances for some or all scammed bidders who believed in the "terms an conditions" of MadBid.com, who are clearly breached by this company, and given the fact that we have the hard evidence about this, please contact us on madbidisscam@gmail.com"

I wonder how many emails this loony will get? tempted to start my own law firm just for a laugh!
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    tempted to start my own law firm just for a laugh!
    If you get in touch with Wonga, you could maybe write a couple of letters on their behalf to cover the setup costs?

;)
  • Golden_Oldie
    Options
    I've just registered with Madbid after hearing an advert on my local radio. Sounded too good to be true. It wasn't until they asked for my mobile number and payment before I'd completed registration that I smelt a rat. I decided to investigate further before I proceeded further and found this thread. Oh so glad I did. :j
  • gwn1989
    Options
    hi their, to everyone.. I fell for this scam madbid and lost £150 to this scamming company, they say read Terms & conditions but their is nothing say that when you buy credit and every item you make a bid your credit going down & down, plus if you fail to win and no credit left, you have lost your money and credit to, the government should do more about this company, they are nothing more than Scam !!!!!!!..that take people hard earn money. Lesson well learn from this Site, keep to Ebay and you no you are safe....:mad:
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The DM are still carrying adverts (which look very much like DM articles, written by journalists) in their newspaper.

Cannot hind a link online, but it was in the hard copy last week.

Really, the DM should be showing a little more responsibility, instead of allowing ads to look like their own articles.

Lin:(
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure