We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th December 2013

1…1819212324…38

Comments

  • Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Oooohh, good points there Ionafan. OH said he *thought* it was the last time!

    you will get the date again but will have to wait till 2113, not sure many of us will be around in a century!
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • Hi!

    Pleased to announce that my Me Challenge has been completed earlier than expected! Had a surprise windfall today and as a result my finances are now looking a lot more healthier than normal.

    Am practically asleep on my feet, so will communicate more tomorrow.

    Night night.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have 9 ulcers just along the tip edge of my tongue.. that I am aware of.. today I have learned putting anbesol on them is like putting super strength acid in your mouth! I want to sit with my tongue hanging out like a dog so it doesn't touch anything lol.


    Oooh Pixie just went to bed... I hope she stays there while morning... I shall do a little knitting and go to bed..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    and.. dot gets up with a 40'C+ temp... so much for that plan!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 5,183
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi!

    Pleased to announce that my Me Challenge has been completed earlier than expected! Had a surprise windfall today and as a result my finances are now looking a lot more healthier than normal.

    Great news, Rebecca!

    More boxes emptied, some stuff put away, and the rest is lying around waiting to see where I have space for it ;)

    I put an offer on Freecycle and within an hour had 3 people all wanting the empty boxes and collecting tomorrow :D November challenge completed :rudolf:

    Quite pleased with progress today :) More of the same tomorrow, i.e.
    - 2nd coat of paint on curtain rail board
    - put stuff away in the DR units
    - re-build the DR table with OH's help
    - when OH has finished making the second bedside table, put them in place
    - go and collect new curtain pole for DR and in same trip go to orange DIY store for reducing rings for the glass light shade that I bought last week
    - set up table lamps and fix light shade
    - tidy the back porch and utility
    - remember to go to an evening meeting with OH.

    That should keep me out of mischief :p
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've done the ironing, I don't understand why I leave things to the last minute. Tomorrow I will reintroduce washing up.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Pigpen - more healing vibes coming your way. :(

    I've washed up, put all the laundry away, and done all the ironing which included picking name tabs out of 4 pairs of trousers belonging to DD. :DDiscovered one of DD's T-shirts has numerous holes in it. Must have got caught when it went through the WM on a high spin. She won't be happy. :(

    Not quite sure whats got into me today, but I'm hoping to have a repeat tomorrow. I have to go see a customer at 8.30am then I'm going straight to Mr A to get some bits including the Christmas radi0 times :D DD is out late tomorrow night so its sausage casserole in the slow cooker for tea. At this rate I'll be able to put decorations up this weekend :D

    See you all in the morning :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,487
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    That is a good idea Katykicker - same goes for me too! it is a lovely day here.

    Was lovely, I bought too much food shopping but luckily my DH was awake to carry it all into the kitchen for me :D

    Today I had a good day cooking wise. I prepared my 5kg of potatoes making roasties and mash for the freezer for over Christmas time. I also made sausagemeat stuffing, stocked up on the last of my non-fresh bits for Christmas, tried a few recipes, cooked a roast dinner for DH and I, fed and cared for all the pets and scrubbed the toilet.

    Not bad but was on my feet from 9-5 ish so finally ended up napping from 5pm - 11pm (I didn't sleep yesterday at all or last night). I will probably be back to sleep in the next 2-3 hours as well! Need to catch up on all the sleep I've missed.

    Welcome to Mrs Cheshire.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 9,727
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Morning all. Interesting conversation on the names. Our initial choice for DD would have had her with the initials F A R T so we changed that.

    Right, as I did the bedroom earlier in the week, I'm going to make a start on the main bathroom this morning, but first last night's washing up.

    Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Morning all - Pigpen - hope you are feeling a little better today and dot too. Have you been to Doctor? Not sure if you have mentioned it in previous post. Just concerned.

    Thursday ~ Master messroom! and landing
    15 minutes...
    [STRIKE]Strip the bedding and get it washed![/STRIKE] Did Monday
    30 minutes to spare...
    [STRIKE]
    30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!
    Vacuum and turnthe mattress, vacuum the landing and
    floor
    Remake the bed
    Clean the windows

    [/STRIKE]Already done earlier in week
    Got an hour...
    [STRIKE]
    Wash any curtains/etc that are in need
    Wipe down all the furry paintwork
    Fill a binbag for charity shop or the bin!
    [/STRIKE]

    Extras
    • HHI - will be done after W and TD x 2 today
    • [STRIKE]Update remaining present lists[/STRIKE] complete
    • [STRIKE]Collect all the dirty laundry from upstairs[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]
    • Clean out any pets/wash pet bedding
    • Wash some light shades[/STRIKE] none!
    Hope everyone has a great day today.

    I am going to have a change from eating the paper frog today and catch up on Washing/drying/ironing and kitchen deep clean.
    Also hope to do some baking this afternoon - fingers crossed if I still have the energy when the time comes. CBA disease is going about round here!!!!:rotfl:
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200


    "To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.