Excel Parking ticket

Please help!!!

Ive got an excel parking ticket I basicly dont want to pay I think its unfair.

They are trying to fine me £60 (discount) £100 full price for pulling up on there car park for 23 mins. My partner stopped in the car with our son as he was asleep, while i went and got some stuff from the shop. cause I was in a bit of a rush (xmas shopping before it started to get busy) I completely forgot it was pay and display I never paid for the ticket. I honesty dont make a habit of not paying for parking it is my 1st parking ticket.

The car was given to us by my dad the log book is still in his name (we do need to change the log book over) so the ticket has gone to him, but it is my partner that is insured on the car and not my dad.

When I left the car park I left through a passage between 2 buildings and im possitive there are no signs there to advise that the car park is pay and display, I think the only signs are by the entrance of the car park. I going back on the 1.12.13 to take pictures.

The car park was the snow hill car park, wolverhampton

open to offers on how I can get off with out paying the ticket

Thanks in advance :D:D:D
You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
It’s better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder.
confused all the time :doh::huh::eek::mad::eek::)

Replies

• pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to read the NEWBIES sticky in the Parking Tickets forum.

I can't link you just now.

Then, once you have formed the bones of a challenge/appeal, post your own thread in that forum and all the help you need will be given. The chances of getting them off your (or rather your dad's) back are quite simply excellent! :)
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on a real PC!

This is the thread you need to read, then simply track back to the right forum to post any drafts:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

:)
  • uknickuknick Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Something does not add up here.

You were in a pay and display for 23 minutes and forgot to pay and got a ticket for this.

As it is pay and display how did you get the penalty ticket? Did an attendant sneak up on the car whilst your partner was in it? Did they not notice them writing out the ticket?

However, if it was issued by a ANPR system then please excuse my ignorance, but I'm struggling to see how this could be.
  • edited 1 December 2013 at 7:41PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2013 at 7:41PM
    uknick wrote: »
    Something does not add up here.

You were in a pay and display for 23 minutes and forgot to pay and got a ticket for this.

As it is pay and display how did you get the penalty ticket? Did an attendant sneak up on the car whilst your partner was in it? Did they not notice them writing out the ticket?

However, if it was issued by a ANPR system then please excuse my ignorance, but I'm struggling to see how this could be.

Excel often use ANPR in these circumstances.

But Excel are not some sort of 'authority' and they cannot issue 'penalty tickets' - just pieces of rubbish that in England/Wales can be appealed and 100% won at POPLA (and in Scotland/Northern Ireland this trash can be ignored because there's no appeal there and no keeper liability). All private PCNs are still unenforceable fake PCNs, but must not be ignored because some PPCs have got litigious this year (Excel do try the odd small claim).

This OP has posted on the wrong forum and needs this thread to be moved so I will pm Crabman so the person gets the right advice to win at POPLA like everyone else does. After they've read the linked sticky thread though because on the parking board we can't handle clueless first posts from posters like this who have not found and read the sticky threads, ad infinitum!

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks CM, the thread has been moved to the Parking sub-board :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• uknickuknick Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Excel often use ANPR in these circumstances.

Thanks for this, now I've Googled I see how ANPR work with regard to payment car parks. It was the OP saying "pay and display" in his original post that confused me.
  • Hi, I know its been a while I read the post you suggested and sent the letter/ emails (twice) with evidence, and they have never replied back to me they have just sent other demand letters in respective order :- parking notice fine, liability notice and now I've had a debt collecting letter. please help what can i do now? They have not responded to any of the correspondence I've sent, the debt collectors have now demanded £160. so i'm now in panic mode.
    You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
  • edited 8 March 2014 at 6:51PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 March 2014 at 6:51PM
    if the RK appealed within the correct deadlines (with no replies) and its now with debt collectors, you complain to the BPA and enclose copies of all correspondence and any free certificate of posting (from the post office) scans too

then let the BPA investigate and hopefully it will be cancelled or a popla code issued, then come back here for more help

see post 6# of the newbies sticky thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Thanks so much i was really panicking :)
  • In addition to complaining to the BPA make a formal complaint to the DVLA - email addies in the NEWBIE thread. It is conditional that the parking company adheres to the code of practice in order to obtain RK details and a direct breach of their KADOE contract.

Have you not also complained to the retailer here?

Excel have started to issue a few small claims this year so it is best to be proactive to get this charge cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News