IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Ukpc Fake PCN

2»

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    37.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the OP could fight it on the grounds above, no problem

I still dont see why on an almost empty car park the OP had to use the BB bays , clearly because they were nearer to his shop where the item was being purchased, so you would expect an able bodied shop operative to carry it out to his car when parked in a correct bay

I appreciate you cannot apply the BB scheme on a private car park but the point here is really that the OP should not just decide what rules he can ignore, bad knee or no bad knee he would not flout the highway rules just to suit himself and so if he respected why the rule was in place , then he should have obeyed it on behalf of the BB owners it is meant for - ie:- respect why the rule is there, legal or illegal rule though it may be

but I still think its harsh and that he could fight it on the grounds set out in previous posts and the harsh lesson has been learned so hopefully he would not use a marked BB bay on the public highways now either, bad knee or not !

I also agree with the donation idea too, showing remorse is no bad thing and that would be a good demonstration of remorse and the sincerity behind it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop attacking the OP. We are not here to judge. There are no 'rules' except those made up by the PPC. If the car park was almost empty & the OP needed to get as close to the store as possible so what? No disabled person was inconvenienced.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Neil68 wrote: »
    From the unsympathetic tone, I do not think my bad knee and the fact that I had to manhandle a large chair are really going to cut the mustard on here or at the appeal, so why fight it.

I think I need to shut this thread down before I get any more flame damage... :(

If your bad knee is a long term condition which affects your daily life then you could park there under the Equality Act 2010.

Even if not, we STILL don't want you to pay a scammer!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the advice on here from the regulars. I followed the complaints route and managed to get the charge cancelled by Sharon, a nice lady from Home Retail Group head office. A soft complaint, outlining mitigating circumstances and the speed and size of the charge was enough to persuade the managing agents once I had the support of Homebase.

Neil
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News