Ukpc Fake PCN

Hi
Foolishly managed to park for a short time in an almost empty car park in a disabled bay :eek:

Stupid thing to do and it will not be happening again :(

I have read a lot of the excellent advice, but just wanted to ask for a bit more...

This happened in the Riverside retail park in Northampton and the "invoice" was stuck to the windscreen and is definitely a Parking Charge for £60. If I follow the advice then I should wait for the NTK which would take longer than the 14 days grace, after which it goes up to £100. Is this likely to happen, or does it reset when they send the NTK?

I obviously do not want to pay the massive over charge for a free car park, where I did not prevent anyone else from parking, so could not have caused any loss. At the same time the stress and anxiety mean that I am not keen to risk having to pay £100.

Advice gratefully received

Neil

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will send the NTK but different companies have different terms and conditions

you have to assume that the PCN ticket is correct , that an NTK does not reset it

obviously it does not reflect a GPEOL as it is extortionate

chances are you would have to use that argument at popla , and win
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 29 November 2013 at 11:03PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2013 at 11:03PM
    Jeez man, why, if the car park was almost empty, would you want to park in a 'disabled' parking bay?

Would it have been any different if the car park was almost full? I doubt it. Don't you realise that actions such as yours are exactly why PPCs are in business to persecute wholly innocent people, day in, day out?

You need to read this - and go from there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • I was not trying to justify it or excuse it, only mentioned it to emphasize the loss aspect.

My personal mitigating circumstances, but lack blue badge are not usually seen as relevant in these cases, so did not choose to share...

I guess I will just pay up as I cannot afford to pay £100.

Thanks Neil
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a blue badge holder myself, I cannot understand or agree with your actions , had it been a normal bay then it would be different

I am not saying £60 is a valid punishment , but clearly something should be done to stop this happening , as mentioned above this is why PPC,s are being employed and some people like myself think its good to enforce this, although in a more reasonable charging manner maybe

I appreciate you wont do it again from now on, but you probably would have done if no punishment was issued , to the detriment of BB holders

park and walk , or park for free on a free car park by all means, but give some respect to the disabled is not unreasonable in all circumstances

I also assume that after watching tv you do realise all kinds of public places have cctv, they put enough programmes on showing video footage of the things that go on so its always a good idea to assume big brother is watching ;)

so nothing goes unnoticed !!
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    as a blue badge holder myself, I cannot understand or agree with your actions , had it been a normal bay then it would be different

I am not saying £60 is a valid punishment , but clearly something should be done to stop this happening , as mentioned above this is why PPC,s are being employed and some people like myself think its good to enforce this, although in a more reasonable charging manner maybe

I appreciate you wont do it again from now on,
    but you probably would have done if no punishment was issued , to the detriment of BB holders

park and walk , or park for free on a free car park by all means, but give some respect to the disabled is not unreasonable in all circumstances

I also assume that after watching tv you do realise all kinds of public places have cctv, they put enough programmes on showing video footage of the things that go on so its always a good idea to assume big brother is watching ;)

so nothing goes unnoticed !!

Oh what a nice person you are .... me, I would put a zero on the end of it. I hate arrogance in any shape of form what makes people think that they are more special than anyone, let alone anyone who needs physical help.

It just makes me so so angry......they would think differently if it was there parents who were disabled and some arrogant !!!!!! parked in the last disabled bay to go and buy something trivial and their parents couldn't find a park.....grrrr.
    Wonder what the OP would have to say then.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not have any mitigating circumstances.....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Neil68 wrote: »
    I was not trying to justify it or excuse it, only mentioned it to emphasize the loss aspect.

My personal mitigating circumstances, but lack blue badge are not usually seen as relevant in these cases, so did not choose to share...

I guess I will just pay up as I cannot afford to pay £100.

Thanks Neil

What????

Don't pay the chancers, what is this thread coming to when you have hinted at personal reasons for needing to park in a disabled bay and yet think you should pay this scam? Please do share with us your mitigation if you wish, as you may have been entitled to park there anyway and can CERTAINLY appeal and win. Blue Badges do not apply on private land and whilst we never condone able-bodied people taking up a disabled bay...we also never condone paying a scam.

Why the heck are you looking at the discount bribe when you will pay NOTHING?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • From the unsympathetic tone, I do not think my bad knee and the fact that I had to manhandle a large chair are really going to cut the mustard on here or at the appeal, so why fight it.

I think I need to shut this thread down before I get any more flame damage... :(
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    there's no flame damage, just a weird attitude from you.
    here's a few things to remember, You don't owe the parking company a penny, the blue badge scheme doesn't apply on private land, and disabled spaces are for those who have a genuine need for them, or have been given permission to use them.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • I know some of the disabled parking bays can be very badly, and inconsistently, located, marked and signed. In one location I know of you have to closely examine whatever bay you are parking in. A disabled person will not benefit from you handing £60 to the PPC - it will just add to their profits. You've learned your lesson from the flames in the thread. I'd advise that you don't pay, but fight it. Put your soft appeal in, then it's off to POPLA. You have an exceptionally high chance of winning if you follow the advice given in these pages. Forget the 'mitigating ciircumstances' and battle on the key points about No Authority, No GPEoL and anything you else that you can extract from the templates that is applicable to your case. And if you win, then feel free to donate what you would have paid to a charity for the disabled.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides