Trying to see a doctor....VENT

Options
13»

Comments

• persa
    persa Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    I have always had difficulties seeing a GP in England, I think it's a disgrace. Some people tell me of seeing a GP the same day, of online booking systems, late evening appointments - I've never come anything remotely like that.

I have a medical condition which can be managed with medication. It can deteriorate without warning, this can require a change of medication - can I ever see a doctor to confirm the new medication required and write me a prescription? No appointments. Not even no appointments for weeks, I have to call up every day at 8am in the offchance one will be released and I can take time off from work with no notice to attend it.

I think the NHS in some parts of the country is failing people like me who have a clinical need to see a doctor on a semi-regular basis.

Next time I move, never mind school catchment areas, crime rates, etc - I am researching the GP surgeries and making sure I don't end up in the catchment area for such a rubbish one again. You never stop to think about this, but actually, it's pretty important, postcode can have a huge impact on your health over here.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    i can't complain about ours. we can make appointments with the doctor or nurse, but lately you can wait upto about a week. But if you are ill you can arrange to speak to the nurse at around 11 and if she thinks you need to see a nurse or a doctor they will let you wait until the main appointments are done before you can see a doctor so can't complain really. I often see on the boards the amount of appointments missed and often it can be 100+ a month so i really don't think these help it really
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport