Rest Assured Ortho Mattress

Options
Hi, just seen a Rest Assured Ortho mattress on Sainsburys site reduced to £119 and I'm tempted to buy. However the mattress has no 'name' so I've been unable to compare it on other sites or look up reviews. Does anyone know which ortho mattress it is? They are usually called something like Verona, pocket, etc

Comments

• Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's double size or bigger. Just buy it. At that price it's a steal!
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for taking time to reply. It's a single. I haven't ordered as its difficult to compare it with others without knowing exactly which mattress it is.
  • Pinkypants
    Options
    Even for a single, £119 for a pocket mattress is pretty good value for money.

Rest Assured, owned by Silentnight are one of the worst offends of putting out a similar mattress with loads of names.

Trying to find out exactly what model it is will be very hard.

Verona is a very old name that Rest Assured used many years ago. I know we still have a 4ft6 display model!
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    It isn't a pocket sprung mattress.
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/123654493_rest-assured-ortho-mattress.html
    I assume it's this one ^

It doesn't seem especially cheap for a traditionally sprung open coil single mattress with no extra features. Around average price really.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, that's the one. It's supposed to be reduced by 60% so I guess Sainsburys inflated the selling price! Think I'll leave it and shop around.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    Probably for the best. When they're being so vague about what they're selling its a bit of a risk as you don't know what you're buying. Makes it harder to price compare too!

What sort of mattress are you looking for?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Pinkypants
    Options
    Apologies, I thought it was pocket. Hmmm still not a bad price though.

Only major snag is that it's one sided.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family