Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Well done re payments, it's a long hard slog but you are doing soooo well x

Good luck to DD for her exams, love the sibling assistance

Granny x

Thanks Granny ! It is a slog indeed but we will get there by hook or by crook if it doesn't kill us first !

Pleased to report DD1s exam went well today, I am sure the sibling revision assistance helped immensely !
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • PinotGrigio41
    edited 15 May 2014 at 11:05PM
    Options
    Theres not been much time for the diary recently. Cant imagine that will change anytime soon.

Two Exams down for DD1 and however many more to go ! Shes working very very hard so whatever the outcome I cant fault her work ethic that's for sure. Shes attended a few breakfast revision sessions before the exams this week and I have just been informed of a 7am two hour breakfast session next week before one of her exams. This subject she appears to have learnt precisely nothing, the same teacher that she was doing the controlled assesment for up until a week or so ago who kept forgetting why DD1 was even there. We have spokento the school numerous times about her. If her name is mentioned we just get a "knowing look " I am now frantically trying to teach myself the course to enable me to reteach her in time for her first paper next week !! I think we will get there, but I'm not convinced this is how it should be. I am slightly concerned with DD2 rising up fast through the school as to how she will get on. She is a very bright girl, last weeks parents evening showed she is doing very very well, I sincerely hope this continues.

DD2 attended Athletics today , for the school leaving at 8am. At 10am I received a phone call, a text message and an email from the school informing me that she was absent today and could I advise them of her whereabouts :eek:. In reply they received a short sharp, text, email and phone call giving them a piece of my mind. IF this was an occasional occurence I wouldn't have been so hasty, but it isnt. It happens at least once a week and her whereabouts is generally that she is sitting in lesson but the teacher couldn't work the computerised register so marked her absent or she is attending an event or other for the school and is off premises but someone has forgotten to inform the powers that be. As I explained to them, had I not dropped her at the school personally at 8am and watched her board the coach and hadn't heard from her as to her safe arrival they could have frightened the life out of me unecessarily. They apologised, the text, emails and phone calls were all sent in error to every member of the Athletics Teams parents !! Oops !!!

We are counting down the days now until Mr PGs departure. He is taking Saturday and Sunday off to pack and so that we can spend time together. The decorating is still ongoing and the house turned upside down. DD1s tiled bathroom floor is down but she still hasnt got a toilet or sink, they are sitting in the spare room waiting for him to re install !! We wallpapered her bedroom but decided against painting the other walls as we didn't have time, it still looks lovely and I have found a tin of the old paint colour and gone over that to get rid of grubby finger prints ! I have ordered her a new blind, that arrives tomorrow. She has four windows, we could only afford one blind though :rotfl::rotfl: !! So we will put that up and then the plan is to order one blind each month so that by the time Mr PG returns the others will be waiting for him to put up !! :D

In the meantime , we have also had problems with the front door locks so MR PG has also taken all of the door furniture off, rubbed down and undercoated the door and ordered new knockers, letterbox etc . The front door kept coming open and on closer inspection once more there was an enormous bodge job made by the builders 11 years ago. The lock was only held on by one screw, I'm surprise it lasted 11 years ! I am unsure how in the two days he has until he leaves he will top coat the door and put the letterbox etc back on and refit DD1s loo and sink, but watch this space. He needs to pack as well and has promised to watch DD2's riding lesson at the weekend, take me out for dinner and take DD2 to a party as well as watching a movie with DD1 that she wants to see with him !! Something tells me this wont all happen ! !:rotfl:

Right Im off now......more Revision for me !! xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I don't know how you fit it all in!! Hope all goes smoothly over the next few days Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    I don't know how you fit it all in!! Hope all goes smoothly over the next few days Xx

I don't think we will fit it all in. Mr PG working a night shift tonight, will be home about 8am tomorrow, but we have an all day meeting with a client at 11 so he will grab about an hours sleep then we will be heading into London for the day.

Whatever doesn't get done doesn't get done, its the way it is although I would like the front door to lock and bolt while he is gone.:p

Right now, the letterbox and the hole where the spy hole used to be are stuffed with loo roll to stop anyone looking in and the broom is rammed against the front door as the lock isnt working !

This will be the second night the girls and I have slept without a properly closing front door without Mr PG being here ! :rotfl:

Needless to say the Sleep App, that I am still using said I had 25% sleep quality last night, clearly I was keeping one ear open , just incase someone tried to come in the front door !! :rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe tonight I will just sleep on the hall floor ! xx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Blimey..get that door sorted so you can sleep.. That's the priority ! If he has to go and stuff is unfinished .I will come round and do the rest of the decorating and even have a go at the plumbing! ;) :rotfl:

Take care Mrs PG and hope you get some time with Mr Mankini
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Seconded. I'll be round with my toolbox and paintbrush too x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:You do make me laugh ! I could just imagine you all rocking up with your toolboxes and overalls !! :rotfl::rotfl:

My painting of walls is good, but Im afraid if I were left to make the front door look all glossy and shiny my slap dash technique wouldn't work at all ! If I am honest I am perfectly capable, but my patience is so thin I would rush it and it would look terrible.

If the plumbing isn't done its not major , there are more toilets in this house so missing one wouldn't exactly be a disaster. Less Cleaning as well !

But......knowing what Mr PG is like, he always gets a bee in his bonnet before he leaves and stresses out right up until the last minute getting bits and bobs done as he knows it will be months and months before the next thing is sorted, and he will be leaving with the whole roof problems etc still up in the air, all the family issues ongoing and right in the middle of the GCSEs, amongst a host of other things, I think he will be trying to do his best to ease the pressure before he leaves.

I know we wont fit everything in and something tells me it will be taking me out for dinner that will be the thing to be sacrificed !!

Yo never know he may shock me xx :D
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope he shocks you... THe stuff can wait, but family time is so precious. x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Hope he shocks you... THe stuff can wait, but family time is so precious. x

You are right of course and the family time has been lacking for a very very long while now xx.
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Another £120 paid to THEM today........... slowly but surely we are getting there x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business