Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd slept very well last night and surfaced around 9ish, pulling the string on her talking Jessie. She's now biulding some lego we got her.

Neighbour popped round yesterday evening asking for help to set up the kindle she'd bought her mil. They'd been to a carvery for their lunch and paid £75 EACH for the privilege of poor service and no crackers. What a waste of money! I rhink there were 8 or 10 of them. Maybe next year I should offer to host them at £75 a head?! £600 - £750 on feeding 8-10? A breeze! Tee hee!

Today should be another NSD and I plan to do a workout and shower. More knitting mittens. Maybe some biscuit making. However, am still in bed. Breakfasted but not yet presentable!

Can't quite believe one of dh's fave presents is a Thunderbirds book I got him for 20p. For any aficionados, it's a FAB cross-sections of all their kit and ships. He loves it!! He's super hard to buy for, so am feeling rather smug about it!

Off to help dd with some press-out dolls and costumes. Yep, the lego's been put aside for now!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    If you want anyone to come in on the carvery business with you apple muncher, just say the word! Sounds like a winner! ;)

That's some good going on the Thunderbirds book, I love it when simple presents work out so wonderfully, shows you what it's all about really! So heartwarming :)

All this talk of knitting is making my fingers twitch. I haven't picked up my needles in ages, about time I got back into action methinks.
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    £33 paid in to bank; washing on; walked over to drop off presents for dd's friends. All by 11am! Think I've walked more so far today than in the last 2 days! Certainly need the exercise...

Mittens all finished and wrapped nicely - 2 days early! PM get those knitting needles out! I've added mittens/fingerless gloves to my 'presents to make' list. Was pleased to note that I can knock up a nice present in 2 days.

Barbie in a mermaid tale on telly. Bliss!:rotfl:
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dd in bath; time to get out knitting mags - acquired from a charity shop, of course! And choose some projects for 2014....
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just finished a good trawl through my knitting mags! Have a pile to give away, as nowt in them that I can see myself knitting. From the rest, there are patterns for various hats, mitts/wrist warmers, key rings, bunting, cards, toys, finger puppets, how water bottle covers. Shouldn't get bored then! I feel I might be able to make some pennies if I keep going til dd's summer fair!

But this enthusiasm may wane when I'm back teaching! However, I have a fair stash of wools to use up, and will try not to buy too much more just yet...! Much of it comes from charity shops, and I wil try to limit myself to only buying cotton yarns for a while. Don't want to waste the pennies!

Another NSD today. Got out twice, so plenty of steps and a playground visit with dd. I love the time outside with her as she natters away.:heartsmil

I've told her we'll go to a coffee shop tomorrow (shhhh - don't tell kat!) and trawl round some charity shops if they're open. We are so lucky with charity shops here. Our local shops have 2; within 4 miles there are 2 areas, one with 4 and another with 7!! Will take a purse and give a maximum amount to spend.

Also need to do a food shop tomorrow. Don't need a huge amount, but want to last til next thurs or fri or sat. Also wish to do it without dd! Could go sunday, as there's no Kids Klub so we can have a week off church! A rare occurence indeed!:j
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How old is DD? Did she poke you as well as kicking you? My nearly three year old DS gets up at 5.30 pon principle most days.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    :money:
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    How old is DD? Did she poke you as well as kicking you? My nearly three year old DS gets up at 5.30 pon principle most days.

She's nearly 6, and the kicking wasn't deliberate! She's just used to having her own space, and to her credit, she did pat me on the shoulder and apologise!! She's never been a poker, fortunately! When she was 18 months old, I had retinal reattachment and was off work for 6 weeks, so she got used to not touching mummy's face!

I'm v lucky in that this holiday, she's rarely surfaced before 8. We're spoiled! And she's usually asleep by 8.30pm. I'm very much a morning person so can get up at 7.30, make a hobtop coffee, drink it and still have chilling time brfore being on call.

Am going to look at thr knitted keyring thingies later, to see if they could be a seller. Fun, fun, fun!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Who'd watch the Grinch with a 5 year old, having missed the first 45 mins of it??? I can't answer the waterfall of questions being aimed my way - so many that I can't hear the film! Aaaaaaaaaargh!:D and she then REFUSED to use the +1 so we could see it from the beginning and therefore understand more of it... Kids!

Anyhow, she's a darling really.

Took her for a wander round the charity shops yesterday and came away with a good stash! She's very cheap to run! Also found a long-bodied top for me - must be getting old, as I'm at the stage of wanting to keep my lower back warm! - which was 1/2 the marked price, plus some brown cords + red exercise leggings, where I used my Sally Army credit. All in all, I paid out £2.48 for 3 items - result!

Have tried out the leggings on this morning's workout. Im so not a pretty sight in leggings! So I took a photo to, hopefully, spur me on and see progress over the next few weeks.

Have joined The Janus Illusion with NSK for January. One of the challenges was no alcohol for the month. I rarely drink, so thought this wasn't applicable. Then some clever person said they were going to give up CHOCOLATE instead. Now there's a challenge!

NSK also says to pay off debt first, then live off the rest for the month. Gulp. So I'll move my Weekly Saving Challenge money (£130 for jan) in one go. Am really hoping the extra days teaching come about - had a sudden change of management on the penultimate day of term, so I realise they hsve bigger issues to deal with than my days and timetable. I wouldn't want their job, so don't want to hassle them. But the selfish bit of me wants to know what 4 days I'll be doing NOW! Please.:)

DH starts his new job tomorrow- many unknowns eg pay date! So my plots and plans for 2014 have to wait til the end of Jan which is when I get paid. But this is where i love NSK's challenges as they are about so much more than just money. She's such an inspiration!:T
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NSK?
    Glad you are feeling inspired.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    NSK?
    Glad you are feeling inspired.

NSK= ninjasavingkat, author of such creative and challenging challenges as 'Debt Destruction December' and general marvel.

Hope my inspiration lasts! Realised this morning that I still have another week til term starts again. Yippee! Then realised I'm doing GCSE speaking assessments on the first weds; the tues pm I have to set papers for AS French, reports are due at some rapidly approaching point... Such fun to come!:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback