Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will be NSD 13 - yippee!

Plan to hit Ald1 at 8am for bits tomorrow... Gulp...

Wish to make: peppermint creams, as dd loved them; more white choc fudge - dd loves this too, but I'm also stuffing my face with it(!); shortbread holly leaves. Oh look - they're all sweet treats! No wonder I find it hard to go without sugar!

So, I'll do the creams and the biscuits, but NOT the fudge. I only want to do it because the recipe uses just 50g of the stuff and the tin is 350g! Maybe I could get away with making some if I promise to freeze it, then I can use it for gifts in the year??? Have talked myself into it!

Aha! Goal #17 (ish) is to make all birthday presents or somehow do it the money-neutral way.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Ha ha! Already made MINT white choc fudge. Tastes yummy! But I vow to freeze it for others.

I think I started the above post with a view to making some face scrub. Got rather sidetracked... Oops!
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Ha ha! Already made MINT white choc fudge. Tastes yummy! But I vow to freeze it for others.

I think I started the above post with a view to making some face scrub. Got rather sidetracked... Oops!
    :rotfl:

Yup, there's a real difference between stuffing one's face (previous post) and scrubbing one's face (quoted post) but such is the dilemma of using yummies for face scrub ingredients! All homemade so very MSE anyhoo!

Enjoy
    :wave:
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Oh drats, I completely forgot I wanted to make peppermint creams! Thanks for the reminder, I might sneak into the cake shop and get some peppermint flavouring tomorrow ;)

Making more presents is on my goal list too, you'll have to share you're ideas - I'll definitely be in need of inspiration :rotfl:
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I think I've got through 4 packets of icing sugar - ie 2 kilos - recently! It's on my shopping list for tomorrow...

PM, I've not too many ideas yet... I've finally done a list of birthdays and the grownup ones are fairly well spread throughout the year. It's when dd get invited to parties that I want to be able to give a home-made gift as well as a little bought item. I like to knit, so have done little toys or finger puppets (goldilocks; Peppa).

My making list thus far is: mint fudge (!), fudge, peppermint creams, shortbread, finger puppets, jam, body scrub.

At some point I'll trawl through the crafting threads for inspiration.

Habibiboo, so long as I don't start using fudge on my face, I'll know I've not crossed the line!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    So the mint white choc fudge got mostly frozen - phew!

Had a little trundle up to Ald1 for 8am today. Walked there and had no idea of the weather that would later arrive, so am v glad I went when I did! I was only doing a normal top up shop and was only in there for about 10 mins. Got home before dh woke up! And dd had gone back to sleep after waking herself and me at 6.30, coughing!

We drove up to the local shops at 11ish, to get dd and dh their 'Christmas magazine'; quick coffee shop visit and home! Very glad we didn't walk! Forgot to take my coins to pay in - oopsie!

2 more sleeps til Christmas:xmastree:
    5 more sleeps til payday - that's a sunday so wonder if it'll reach account on fri or mon..._party_
    7 more sleeps til dh starts new job :T
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hmmm. Will make NSD target and may exceed it; went over on food but know why (however, don't reckon what we have will last til 1st Jan, so this'll go up more); travel was under but only because dh filled the car up (will be more next month as he'll be at work again, using the train 4/5 days); 'other' spends tight! Own lunch always happens; making money= total lack of result!

Jan is a fresh start; I have 17 targets (so far!!) before joining NSK's Jan challenge. Will keep trying hard!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I've finally delivered cards to the nighbours and some friends - all good for blowing the cobwebs away. And as soon as we sit down with some not chocolate, out pops the sun!

I managed to do a workout this morning - first one for 12 days! Did it while dh was out at b&q. Not for the fun element, may I add, but because 2 of our fence panels blew down in the night. So a spend of about £53 for 2 4' panels, an upright and the metal spike. He's bodged it for now, as for some weird reason, we don't own a sledgehammer! We have a sledge. And a hammer. But not the right combo. D'oh! So long as it keeps next door's dog in their garden, it'll have been a success.

He also came home with a potted 3' Christmas tree! For 1p!! We talked yesterday about going to the shop at 3pm or later, to see what bargains there are - for nosiness really! We'll see if we actually bother later.

Dd's enjoying Narnia on tv and I'm about to do more knitting. After plodding on with Angelina, dd is now adamant that she told me to do Paddington! So, P has a body, 2 legs a hat and a coat. I can't figure out how to sew up the head yet - rather crucial! And he's still armless. But does have eyes and nose ready to attach.

Best get to it!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    STOP HERE SANTA
    sign is out; so is reindeer food to guide them here; carrot, mince pie and biscuit to go out soon.

dd determined to go to bed early and straight to sleep. Wise old mummy thinks this is asking for a sleepless night! So will string bedtime out as much as poss.

:xmastree:wishing all who read this a happy, peaceful Christmas :xmastree:
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    For some strange reason (excitement???) dd had trouble staying asleep last night! Dh went in to her at 1ish to tell her to go back to sleep; then at 3.25 she trundled in to tell me that she couldn't sleep! So in she came with us. Normally, I'd go and get her duvet and she'd sleep on top of our duvrt but she didn't want that last night and just snuggled under with us. Then wriggled. And kicked. And shuffled out of thr duvet. Then shuffled bsck undrr it at 4.30ish. I got up soon after 7 leaving her snoring!

But I had my coffee and a quiet time before hearing the pad pad pad come downstairs! She had a lovely morning, opening up presents. I thimk her 2 favourite ones are a talking Jessie from Toy Story (bought in Oct and 'hidden' in a cupboard) and a Minnie Mouse musical box (music rom the nutcracker) that must've cost me all of 95p or a pound in a charity shop months and months ago! She's been so sppreciative of all her gifts.

It's been a NSD - yippee! And dd and I got out for a little walk to the playground which blew away a few cobwebs.

Did a weigh and measure this morning. Twas not pretty! However, twas not enough to hinder my eating today! D'oh.

Oh did the lunch and it was sooo yummy I think he should cook more often! The leftover chicken should do us another 2 meals each.

Found out I get paid on Friday. Nice!

Also found out that a friend's bday is the 29th Dec, so am now knitting her some mittens - cotton as her skin is v sore. Paddington has 2 legs attached to his body, plus eyes, nose and mouth. 1 arm is stuffed and awaiting sewing on. Dd informs ne that he is a she and can I please put pink hair on her, Rapunzel length! But of course my cherub!!

Enough wittering for tonight. Hope to do a workout tomorrow, and dd is going to play next door for a while so I plan to crack on with knitting.

Tonight I am grateful for fresh air, cotton yarn, a dd who loves coming out for a walk with me, skype so we could chat to sd1 in Canada, and that last night's power cut was only 20 mins.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback