Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you guys!

Dd is better, but so pale. She gets through the day but coughs through the night! Ugh. We were both up to her a couple of times in the night, which hasn't happened in a loooooonnnnnnnnng time.

Dh has trotted off to work and is taking Thurs off as a lieu day so he can go and watch dd at her taekwondo grading, and it means that I don't have to rush home to collect her and then take her back to work for a parents' evening.

I do hope we get to the germ-free stage! I am determined not to end up exhausted every Thursday evening in Dec... Started last night by sewing up some bunny bits. Tonight's plan is to re-thread teh machine and do the burgandy ones. And do a short workout too...

Best get to work...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hope all germs disappear. I'm with you on the 31,000 step challenge (we're picking up friends from the airport on 31st, 2.5hrs away, I may have to walk to catch up on steps ;)).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    So, having set my goals for the month, it is now a question of keeping focussed on them, seeing as how every single step counts!

And steps are only around 5k so far, but with parking the car away from home, plus 2 trips to brownies, there is hope that I'll get to 5 figures...

I have 10 mins spare and nothing (that I want) to do. Tis an odd sensation.
  • apple_muncher
    Yep - got the steps to over 13000. NSD #1. Grain free 1. Sugar free 1. Exercise 10. Work 1.

Sewing machine re-threaded and more bunny bits sewn. Tomorrow = turn them the right way round and sew up 4 bodies.

Dh is worn out. Dd has dark circles forming under her eyes. And I would quite happily fall asleep now. We are rocking it in the apple homestead!
  • Hope you all feel better soon!
  • apple_muncher
    I am so feeling yesterday's workout! It was only 10 minutes of: 10x 3 sumo squat + jump; 8 side burpee; 6 reverse lunge + kick up. ZWOW 6, I think. I managed 4 rounds. So I have shelved my great plan to get up early and do more this morning...as I cannot even stretch to touch my toesies...
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Squats and burpees always kill me. Should do more of them, I suppose, and maybe it'd get better. ;)
  • apple_muncher
    December's numbers are done.

31000 steps
    310 minutes of exercise
    25 days grain free
    25 days sugar free
    10 days at work (and therefore 21 not at work)
    Usual giving
    Usual budgets
    Remove 80
    Lose 8

We'll see how it goes...

Steps only 9k today, but I was not able to get for my usual Weds lunchtime walk, which often adds 2k.

Another 10 mins of exercise. Am wishing I had included the warm up in the target time! This one was 10 mins of: 10x low squat jump forwards and backwards; 10 kettlebell curtsey lunge; 10 cross body toe touch and jump up; 10 each side side plank leg lift. (I totally can NOT do these!). I managed 3 rounds with 4 seconds to spare.

Grain free 2. Sugar free 2 (tho sorely, sorely tempted). And day 2 at work completed. And NSD 2 too.

Tomorrow dh will do dd in the morning, as he's going to the hosp. So I can hopefully scoot off to work and get all my marking done (:D). Then I can go walking after work and before the parents evening.

All bunny bits have been turned the right way round, so need stuffing. If I remember, I'll take them to stuff at work, seeing as I have oooooooodles of free time there :rotfl:.

And I'm well on with an Aggy Christie book that I've not read before.

Off to peruse the weekly email. I know it talks about saving money on purchases - I simply have trouble spending any in the first place!
  • apple_muncher
    December's numbers are done.

31000 steps
    310 minutes of exercise
    25 days grain free
    25 days sugar free
    10 days at work (and therefore 21 not at work)
    Usual giving
    Usual budgets
    Remove 80
    Lose 8

We'll see how it goes...

11k steps, including a 25 min walk after work (counting that as exercise!). Sugar free 3. Grain free 3. Work day 3. NSD 3.

Tomorrow is food shopping day - yippee!

Also:
    -library
    -aldee
    -finish 4 bunnies
    -find a white dress for dd as a star
    - cut out print out
    -workout
    - make bakewells
    -make biscuits
    -make fudge

Realised on my walk today that I really did not spend much in November - and survived! Smug face is on, as it meant there was more to pay off the mortgage. I have realised that I am much better at not spending, and seeing what is left at the end, rather than paying out a lot at the start and then fretting about whether I have enough left for the month.

Dd passed her taekwondo grading and is chuffed to bits :T. She now has a white belt with a yellow stripe running all along it.
  • Well done DD!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure