WTBSEs 'Starting From Scratch' Savings Diary.

Options
1115116117118119121»

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh wtbse, that sounds like you have got a lot on your plate! Hope your son is ok and getting the help that he needs.

Glad the business is still going strong despite having to let staff go. You need to do what you need to do for your family so it makes sense.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, had a lot going on! Ds2 is now 12 weeks and is a little treat :) lots more interaction makes life a lot easier! Ds1 will be 3 at Christmas so he's a handful but he's great too.

I'm a bit insane bevause I decided to apply for a new job recently and I was offered it. I'm handing in my notice on Monday and starting the new job in November. Much earlier than I'd planned going back but it's 10 mins from my house and is a £3k payrise so too good to turn down for the sake of a few months.

I'll take a look at your blog!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your son, good luck to you going forwards. Hope his father is helping you out with all this.

My savings is getting a major hit this year, as twin2 has decided on going to law school to finish off his undergraduate degree in law. Which means approx 20K from bank of mum and dad overall.

So just as well the OH isn't banking on retiring soon. As we thought we had this year and next to start whacking up the savings but can't quite yet. He left yesterday with 2 bags but we have to follow over next weekend (ie ferry, hotel and meals) to bring the rest of his stuff for the year. Gonna cost 400 at least. We dont have lidl or aldi here, so gonna fill my car with groceries coming back as it is cheaper than my normal tesco. Might get some of it back.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Gosh wtbse, that sounds like you have got a lot on your plate! Hope your son is ok and getting the help that he needs.

Glad the business is still going strong despite having to let staff go. You need to do what you need to do for your family so it makes sense.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, had a lot going on! Ds2 is now 12 weeks and is a little treat :) lots more interaction makes life a lot easier! Ds1 will be 3 at Christmas so he's a handful but he's great too.

I'm a bit insane bevause I decided to apply for a new job recently and I was offered it. I'm handing in my notice on Monday and starting the new job in November. Much earlier than I'd planned going back but it's 10 mins from my house and is a £3k payrise so too good to turn down for the sake of a few months.

I'll take a look at your blog!

Thanks Jo. he really isn't very OK at the moment, but has started meds and therapy, so hopefully we'll see an improvement.
    Well done on the new job :j :beer: What is it doing? A great idea to have a more local job, saves money and time.

atush wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your son, good luck to you going forwards. Hope his father is helping you out with all this.

My savings is getting a major hit this year, as twin2 has decided on going to law school to finish off his undergraduate degree in law. Which means approx 20K from bank of mum and dad overall.

So just as well the OH isn't banking on retiring soon. As we thought we had this year and next to start whacking up the savings but can't quite yet. He left yesterday with 2 bags but we have to follow over next weekend (ie ferry, hotel and meals) to bring the rest of his stuff for the year. Gonna cost 400 at least. We dont have lidl or aldi here, so gonna fill my car with groceries coming back as it is cheaper than my normal tesco. Might get some of it back.

Thanks atush. his Dad is not really being supportive, but i am used to that by now.

Wow, thats great about your son...but a huge hit for you savings! It'll be worth every penny though! Just remind him to put you in a top notch nursing home when you and your husband get old and dodgery! :p

Good plan about getting your groceries from Lidl/Aldi :)

Today we packed up a pinic and went for a really long walk. Well, it was 5 miles, across the costal paths and back along the beach. Such a lovely day, the walk was so nice and well needed.

Just got back and sitting down for half an hour before doing dinner (Sausage & onion casserole, with mash) and then updating the blog this evening.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The walk sounded lovely. Sorry to heat about your giant numpty of an ex.

and thanks for the not retiring next year as we thought sympathy.

But I agree, having put all 3 boys thru Uni with no debt I have decided to forgo the care home fund/plan. We will either spend their inheritance on care home fees, or they can pay for a home for us. And that will buy us some time I expect. First world problems I know, but still.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure