WTBSEs 'Starting From Scratch' Savings Diary.

Options

Comments

• atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your last week's money in a sealed envelope. There in an emergency, but will stop casual temptation (not that you seem prone to this).
  • MrCrimeFiction
    Options
    WTBSE - Quick question.

How come you have a link in your signature. When I try to do it, it wont work. Am I being daft??

Hope everyone is well. OH and I made a huge batch of soup today to last for the next 3 days or so. Should keep us going till payday as we are scrimping..

Wish money was no object :D

MrCF
    Saving for that dream holiday
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you are all well And that money is treating you well/ You're treating it well!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at my end, working full time, husband working 7 days and then decorating every evening after work so the house has been in total upheaval.

We have spent all his overtime money from the last few weeks on decorating, so have two new carpets for the kid's rooms, new curtains and curtain poles, paint, new rollers, and lampshades and stickers for my son's walls. Fingers crossed that's the decorating done for now as we really really need to save every penny from now on.

Need to do my meal plan for next week so I can get my shopping done tomorrow. It's miserable and we here today so we won't be venturing far.

How are things with everyone else?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good Morning Jo :)

I am off to my sisters wedding, will update in the next few days.
  • atush
    Options
    My twins are home from Uni so instead of spending 80 at the grocery store, I spent 130 lol. Incl some beer and a case of cider for said boys.

OH's Bday so unusually we are out for lunch today.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Have a fab time at your sisters wedding wtbse!

Atush, that's a bit of a steep bill this week but I suppose it's not so bad now and again. Hope your boys appreciate the beer!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • atush
    Options
    Well they have already had 2 ciders lol. We live out in the boonies so no pubs here.

could be worse, normally they are home for 4-5 weeks but is only 1-2 this time.
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Afternoon All :)

What a weekend! I think i have gained about 20lbs from all the food i ate!
    I decided to stick to being vegetarian instead of vegan, as its much easier to eat away from home if you are not vegan!

So i had so many yummy things at the wedding yesterday, and my younger sister treated us to Yo! Sushi for lunch today. Its was so good! And loads of vegetarian options.

I still need to sit down and work out what i am doing budget wise. Will do it this week and then post more about that.

The boys are home from school for Easter break, so no doubt my food bill will go through the roof, the same as you atush! Although mine arent old enough to drink beer yet!

I need to do meal planning as well as budget planning...so much to do!
  • atush
    Options
    so eating sushi got you off being vegan lol? good. i love sushi.

I have a notion that eating meat raised for same in a good kind way is better for you and your health. ancient man didnt eat a lot of carbs because it was a long time before they grew their own crops.
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    atush wrote: »
    so eating sushi got you off being vegan lol? good. i love sushi.

I have a notion that eating meat raised for same in a good kind way is better for you and your health. ancient man didnt eat a lot of carbs because it was a long time before they grew their own crops.

Not really, just eating out in general is a nightmare as a vegan.
    So like i said, i am happy to just be a vegetarian when away fro home, but still a vegan at home.

Actually, i technically shouldn't be calling myself a vegan at all, as i still wear leather etc. I should correct myself and say that i am eating a meat (and mainly dairy) free diet.

Because i am doing it for health, more than anything else, i feel like a fraud saying i am/was (whatever) vegan.

Dont get me wrong, i hate the meat/dairy industry and think its awful how the animals are treated, but for me it was always about health.

Anyway, i am now rambling!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport