WTBSEs 'Starting From Scratch' Savings Diary.

Options

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning All :)

Jo, you are doing well with your savings, especially since you are just about to have a baby. How much do you think the carpets will cost?

I am having a quiet day today. I have cleaned and tidied the house, and have put the veggies in the SC to make soup for lunch.
    I am going to go and have a bath and then start my online food shopping.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement WTBSE- I do feel good that we're getting somewhere, especially because we've been redecorating constantly and still managing to save.

We're just getting fairly basic carpets with the hope that it'll do us for a couple of years until we can afford to do the place up properly room-by-room. We're hoping that £500 should cover it and I'm hoping to be able to put more money away at the end of the month as I'm still getting holiday pay this month so on full wages but without the fuel, parking costs and reduced childcare costs. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like you've been really productive! It's scorchio today, so it's not a day for soup here. I feel like i only want soup when it's colder or wet weather. It's funny how the weather can affect your eating habits. I had a salad for lunch though, which is good.

I'm due in 10 days...it can't come quick enough! The heat isn't doing me any favours at all!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ugh, I remember waiting for a baby and thought it would never come- and it didn't- I had to be induced both times lol.

It is sunny but cool here, could use a summer like last year i think.

Where is Cathy? anyone know? I wonder if she is in her allotment?
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, the waiting is definitely not fun Atush! Last time I went into labour 8 hours before my induction appointment which was lucky, although it still took 30 hours to get him here! I'm hoping for a quicker labour and not as long a wait, but as long as the baby arrives safe and sound that's all that matters.

It's mostly cool here too Atush, although since Tuesday it's been scorchio- it was 23 degrees yesterday with no breeze. It doesn't help that I was in the garden cleaning and hoovering the inside of the car for the afternoon in the heat.

I haven't heard a peep from Cathy for months, although I haven't been around as much as I used to be either. She had a bereavement, didn't she? I'm sure it was around that time that she went away and I haven't seen much/ anything from her since then.

My son is at the childminder today, so I'm going to try a combination of being productive and chilling :) We'll see how that goes!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Jo, i am hoping you'll be as lucky as i was with my last birth.

Started labour at 6.15pm, got to hospital at 8.30pm, had him at 8.40pm.

All done and dusted in a few hours :) Any signs yet?

We are off to the cinema to see Jurassic World tonight, then Pizza Hut :)
  • atush
    Options
    Geez, you cut it close giving birth 10 ins after getting there lol.

I am proud to say I spent under 75 quid at tesco today- yeah!
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Evening All :)

I managed to get £60 worth of food for just 58p today! I had £7 off a £50 shop, and £52 worth of Morrisons saving stamps.

Very pleased with that! Put an extra £50 that i would have spent on food, into my savings.

Just came home from seeing Jurassic World. Brilliant film, the boys loved it (as did I).
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Morning All :)

I have an unexpected day off work, as my client is on holiday.

Have taken my monthly grocery budget money out of the bank, done some housework, sorted the washing and put the rubbish out.

Bored now!
  • atush
    Options
    Read a good book- I love to read.
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Have made tonights dinner, and some foccacia bread ti go with it. Also popped to Tesco and got some bits that i didnt get yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure