MSE News: Lloyds launches Everyday Offers cashback: Is it any good?

Options
"Lloyds Bank has become the latest to introduce cashback on certain debit card purchases, but is its scheme any good?..."
Read the full story:

Lloyds launches Everyday Offers cashback: Is it any good?

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    As I can spend upward of £200 a month on takeaways I hope local Indians take up this offer.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So this is basically the Lloyds branded version of the same Halifax scheme.
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    So this is basically the Lloyds branded version of the same Halifax scheme.

Essentially :P
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not worth switching just for this no, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it as an additional account. I have numerous bank accounts to get the best of all of them - free travel insurance from Nationwide, 3% interest from Lloyds, interest-free overdrafts elsewhere etc.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    It's not worth switching just for this no, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it as an additional account.

Unless you actively spend on the card, you're unlikely to get any offers.
  • callum9999
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Unless you actively spend on the card, you're unlikely to get any offers.

I don't actively spend on my Halifax card (in fact, I've never even used the Debit card) yet I still get offers.

Not that I'd advocate doing it just for this offer - I wouldn't have the account if it wasn't for the 3% interest and using it as a gateway to getting their Avios credit card.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    I don't actively spend on my Halifax card (in fact, I've never even used the Debit card) yet I still get offers.

Not that I'd advocate doing it just for this offer - I wouldn't have the account if it wasn't for the 3% interest and using it as a gateway to getting their Avios credit card.

Halifax hasn't given me any offers, but the only thing I use the card for is to pay my Amex bill.

If Lloyds gives me some good offers then it would make the new Avios cards a better deal.
  • callum9999
    Options
    zerog wrote: »
    Halifax hasn't given me any offers, but the only thing I use the card for is to pay my Amex bill.

If Lloyds gives me some good offers then it would make the new Avios cards a better deal.

To clarify, I wouldn't say the deals Halifax offer me are particularly good! The only real decent one I would have used is 10% off at Morrisons - if only I lived anywhere near one!

I'm not a big fan of the new Lloyds avios cards either. If I didn't already have their Duo card I would go for the "classic" TSB Duo card instead of Lloyds. Or BA directly - they have a pretty good sign-up bonus on at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure