Whooga Ugg boots warning! Do not buy!

Options

Comments

• HLK
    HLK Posts: 978 Forumite
    Options
    MissKeith wrote: »
    I wasn't, another user had been posting and their comments have since been deleted.

Does anyone know if the Costco Kirkland boots are real sheepskin? For that price I doubt it but I've got to go up today so I might as well check if they're in stock.

And yes, I've been reading that thread Pollycat, if the Costco boots don't work out I'll look into ordering a pair of kiwi sheepskin boots. Even with a 20% discount I still think UGG Australia is overpriced.

Have bought a few pairs of Kirkland shearling boots., for myself and friends. I compared them directly with a pair of UGGs side by side in the store.. barring the UGG branding I saw no real difference, none. This was 3 years ago. Am on the lookout for a leather pair, so hoping to check tomorrow to see if they have them this year. Have seen some on the fleabay but smaller sixes ( you do need a size smaller than usual.
    HLK

"Karma - it's a wonderful thing" - Just ask Earl!
  • SCAMHUNTER_2
    Options
    UGGs charge a fortune for their boots and they are for winter right? Your not going to wear a pair in summer lol... but the tiniest bit of water and they are ruined. Australian JUNK
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SCAMHUNTER wrote: »
    UGGs charge a fortune for their boots and they are for winter right? Your not going to wear a pair in summer lol... but the tiniest bit of water and they are ruined. Australian JUNK
    How do you know this
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Options
    Have you ever looked at the UGG site, they do range of boots, shoes, slippers etc for all season
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

Actually, some people DO wear UGGs in summer (I don't personally).
    The natural sheepskin is supposed to keep your feet warm in winter and cool in summer.

The tiniest bit of water?
    No, you use protector on them (if you've got any sense).

And as earthstorm says, they don't only do the sheepskin type.

I've got several pairs of leather ones which are more suited to wet weather than most of the boots you'd buy on the high street.
    And one pair of fully waterproof ones.

So, it's clear you are clueless about UGGs. smiley-rolleyes010.gif
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get my uggs dry cleaned at Johnson's at the end of the season, my dark brown ones got a lot of wear and looked fine.
  • clarryd
    clarryd Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a few pairs of UGG Australia sheepskin boots and I also have a pair of slippers (never got them off) and yes they are expensive but they are well worth it.

The first pair I got have lasted me 3 1/2 years so far, through the rain, snow, sleet and sheer freezing weather.

I still wear them and they still look fine there is a spray that you put on them and this protects them from the elements.

Mt friend has been through lots of other make of boots and she wishes she invested in real UGG Australia boots.

Just my thoughts.
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    earthstorm wrote: »
    Wrong

UGG is a registered trademark of the California-based company Deckers Outdoor Corporation, in over 130 countries worldwide, including the U.S., the European Union, and China.

Deckers currently manufactures six brands: UGG, Teva, Sanuk, Tsubo, Ahnu and Mozo.

It's not a trademark in certain countries though - notably in Australia. So you can get ugg boots in Australia that aren't made by UGG Australia
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2013 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Darksun wrote: »
    It's not a trademark in certain countries though - notably in Australia. So you can get ugg boots in Australia that aren't made by UGG Australia
    it is copyright is Australia

read
    UGG is a registered trademark of the California-based company Deckers Outdoor Corporation, in over 130 countries worldwide, including the U.S., the European Union, and China.

check out http://www.deckers.com/ugg-is-a-brand/world.html
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ugg is a generic term in Australia....
    Deckers retained the rights to their UGG logo as trade mark protection only applies for the way the mark appears in its entirety and not for the words it contains. The name Ugg/UGG was determined to be generic after the Registrar of Trade Marks found that registration did not confer "rights in the generic term, or terms, from which it is derived" and that the identity of the various trade marks "derive from the hyphenated nature of the expression." Therefore UGH boots, UG boots and UGG boots ("or other variations") without hyphens are all generic terms in Australia.

Read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots_trademark_dispute
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family