Diary of a spendy cow

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here lies rambling while I figure out what I'm up to with my credit card account...!

Outstanding balance: £169.66

Money owed to me:

Friend 1: £40.50 (Tickets to two events)
    Friend 2: £25.50(Ticket to one event)
    Friend 3: £31.80 (Tickets to one event, paid for from our slush fund!)

Remaining balance: £71.86

Of that, £25 is my contribution to tickets to an event we're going to so there's £46.86 outstanding. I paid £65 for the first month of my bus pass as well so I'm in credit (!)

My savings balance is sitting at £1615.75 at the moment.

Hopefully I'll get paid on Friday and can start filling up my various pots again. My wee brain is getting awfully confused :o
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Spends looking pretty good there lass!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • mooomin
    Options
    Spends looking pretty good there lass!

I have no idea how I ended up in credit on my credit card though - a mystery!
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just been reading Martin's email, see Sburys are doing double nectar exchange again - up to £40 per category covering Electricals, Clothes, Beauty, Magazine.

Nothing I need in those categories, but thought I'd flag in case you can take advantage of it. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • mooomin
    Options
    Nowt for me either to be honest. My main plan is to save my points for Christmas dinner/presents at the end of the year :D

I hadn't realised that you could register with all of the train sites though as I'd just done my local one. That's another 800 points in the bank this morning!
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »
    Nowt for me either to be honest. My main plan is to save my points for Christmas dinner/presents at the end of the year :D

I hadn't realised that you could register with all of the train sites though as I'd just done my local one. That's another 800 points in the bank this morning!

Snap! on the saving for Christmas!

Ooh, nice one on the train sites, didn't know that either...here come another 800 for me then too! :D
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also just done the train sites...and it appears Martin is wrong on you not getting the extra points if you're already registered - I'd already got registrations with Transpennine and Scotrail and both appear to say that I'll get the points just for linking the card to the existing account...fingers crossed. MrEH is also registered with Scotrail so I'll see if you can register the same nectar card twice...;)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »

I have no idea how I ended up in credit on my credit card though - a mystery!

It must be my age I've got Toyah Wilcox shouting 'it's a mystery' in my head :rotfl:

Well done :-) credit on a cc is pretty cool.

Nectar points, hmm might have card somewhere, probably with points on, can only use on the mainland so guess something else to dig out eh?

Thanks for the reminders

:A
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • mooomin
    Options
    I shop in Sainsbugs really rarely Pippi, but I do my Nectar surveys and Adpoints and when I do (rarely) put petrol in the car I tend to do it there. The points soon add up, especially when you do their wee offers and any money on the card will be going towards Christmas shopping :D
  • mooomin
    Options
    A wee quick money post:

Purse: running on empty with £8 in it :eek:
    Food account: £46.01 to do us until the end of April which should be fine, although the shopping list is growing arms and legs!
    Current account: £0 although that's on purpose because I'm trying to reduce my random spending.
    Savings: £1620.85

My ISA transfer is now complete, so I'm back with Halifax again! I really like their online banking system and the free £5 per month is too good to turn down. Sadly, I didn't leave FD the "right" way (You have to phone and tell them you're leaving to claim the £100) so I didn't get a bonus for that annoyingly. My ISA is "do not touch" money and there's a nice chunk in there thanks to the leftover redundancy money. I added my first contribution of the tax year this morning - a whopping £2.31 from TCB :D I'd like to get it up to the next thousand pounds by the next tax year, so that's £800 and some change to go.

My other savings account is usable if required and I'll be using it when I get my living room redecorated. For now it's there as a wee cushion in case the temp work changes/stops/dries up. It's my first payday tomorrow :D Only for a four day week last week, but it means my budgeting can start again in earnest.

My Nectar points are at 5020/£25.10 and I won 100 points this morning as they have a bingo game on their main page. Worth checking it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure