Motability announcement

Options

Comments

• portly1
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    Given that these people are Patrons of Motability I'm surprised they've allowed such a favourable attitude towards disabled people.

David Cameron

Nick Clegg

Ed Miliband

Iain Duncan Smith

Liam Byrne

Come to think of it I agree.

Who is paying this £2000/£1000? Where is the money coming from?

It does seem a tad bit unfair also on the rest of the benefit claimants that will lose their DLA HRM if they have never had a Motability car.
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    portly1 wrote: »
    Come to think of it I agree.

Who is paying this £2000/£1000? Where is the money coming from?

It does seem a tad bit unfair also on the rest of the benefit claimants that will lose their DLA HRM if they have never had a Motability car.

But the non-Motability customers have spent/saved or whatever the HRM DLA money as they chose to do. It was up to them whether they used their HRM DLA to go towards a Motability car. Why should Motability give any money to someone who hash't used their scheme!

I assume the money will be coming from Motability's own coffers.
  • CTcelt1988
    Options
    JS477 wrote: »
    But the non-Motability customers have spent/saved or whatever the HRM DLA money as they chose to do. It was up to them whether they used their HRM DLA to go towards a Motability car. Why should Motability give any money to someone who hash't used their scheme!

I assume the money will be coming from Motability's own coffers.
    If 150,000 people lose their cars under PIP and get the £2,000, then it would cost Motability £300 million! No way could they afford that! I would imagine that the Goverment will give Motability the money, although £300m is too much.
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Definitely did the right thing in sending my mobility car back that I leased from Nov 2011 - It would have to go back in Nov 2014 anyhow so no support for me from them.

Bought my own vehicle instead.
    Parva wrote: »
    Well done Andy.

Would that be a Freelander? I believe tokenfield and oldboy64 did exactly the same thing - and bought the same car!

xx
  • portly1
    portly1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Would that be a Freelander? I believe tokenfield and oldboy64 did exactly the same thing - and bought the same car!

xx

Is this post directed towards me? It wasn't clear.

Freelander?? You are joking - where did you get that idea from?

No I bought a 15 month old Insignia Elite Diesel. Cost me £11,500, 7000 miles. Damn good car with everything you need onboard.
  • superwoman4
    superwoman4 Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2013 at 7:06AM
    Options

No I bought a 15 month old Insignia Elite Diesel. Cost me £11,500, 7000 miles. Damn good car with everything you need onboard.

You need to stick to the same story Andy!!!
    You had a Freelander two weeks ago.
    I run a 2012 Freelander 2 HSE and from what I am told the belt is changed every 150,000 miles or 15 years!!!!
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Should be £260 a year Land Rover Freelander 2.

But NIL tax as it is classed as a disability vehicle.
    £60!!!! I'd give up driving if I had to pay that! I pay £24 a month for a new Freelander 2.

tsk, tsk Andy, make up your mind :beer:
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Thank you Andy/Rotoguys/Oldboy64/portly1/Tokenfield et al! As Judge Judy says "if you tell the truth, you don't need a good memory"!

Thank you superwoman and cbrown for your quotes. ;)

xx
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Just seen that portly1, just like his AEs, has been PPRd. ;)

xx
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    :) Richie, you're the super sleuth round here, so perhaps you can give us mere mortals the heads up on the next AE. :) Thanks

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport