Gourmet Society Membership 3months for£1!

Have a Superdrug Beauty Card? There is a link for a months free membership to the Gourmet Society, or pay £1 to get 3 months. You can get up to 50% off meals and 25% off cinema tickets!!!! I've just signed up :) x
«13

Comments

  • I took up this deal but failed to cancel (an oversight on my part).

    My account has just been debited £39.95 for this year's subscription and they won't refund.

    BE AWARE
  • I also took out the 3 months membership for £1, did not use the card (as you can't use it weekends and eg Westfield at anytime), did not notice the small print at the foot of the original email about auto renewal.

    They sent out a courtesy email which I have subsequently found in spam.

    Took 30 minutes to get through by phone. Very nasty attitude, effectively said that they would not refund.

    Tricksters, Gourmet Society are not a nice company to deal with.
  • The gourmet Society is a total con BEWARE AVOID

    Not only does the card not work half the time with restaurants refusing it on many occasions Even thought its in their stated valid period.

    The automatic renewal and bad customer service is horrific.

    Card was automatically renewed and they refused to cancel and give my money back.

    DO NOT give these people your bank details.

    Complete scam!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    only sign up to the free trial, as above don't enter your bank details
  • My mum has had the same problem. Auto renewal is a disgusting practice. Surely this is something that MSE should be looking at highlighting and warning people against.
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    domchalk wrote: »
    My mum has had the same problem. Auto renewal is a disgusting practice. Surely this is something that MSE should be looking at highlighting and warning people against.

    ...and to be fair, people also need to read the Ts & Cs and accept responsibility for giving bank details for a free trial.
    :hello:
  • Think it's best to avoid this one then..
  • m_i
    m_i Posts: 199 Forumite
    Keep emailing and bugging them and they do give you your money back but only £25 - they keep £15 as an admin fee which I will be requesting back from them.

    They have to notify you that they will be taking money out of your account according to their own T's & c's.

    Fight them!

    Quite right this is a disgusting practice that car insurance companies also practice.

    Can we get the law changed?
    Nice to save.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    m_i wrote: »
    They have to notify you that they will be taking money out of your account according to their own T's & c's

    It appears from the messages above, that they do. It is just that people can't be bothered to read the emails.
  • mro
    mro Posts: 813
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    m_i wrote: »
    Keep emailing and bugging them and they do give you your money back but only £25 - they keep £15 as an admin fee which I will be requesting back from them.

    They have to notify you that they will be taking money out of your account according to their own T's & c's.

    Fight them!

    Quite right this is a disgusting practice that car insurance companies also practice.

    Can we get the law changed?
    Why, people should just use their brains & a calendar and cancel in time.

    People want a deal, they're getting a deal, they just have to cancel membership in time before the renewal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards