NY : Delta vs Vrigin vs BA Vs AA

Options
13»

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    I like AA for the frequency of their flights....one time three of us were flying home on a 9pm flight .......and they were overbooked - we volunteered and got $600 each in vouchers for the next trip and flew 2 hours later (hardly a hardship to fly at 11pm instead of 9pm on an overnight)

That's one big advantage of the AA/BA alliance on the NY-LON route. Between them they have something like 12 flights a day in each direction so if there is ever a problem then they just put you on the next flight.
  • pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    I flew delta to JFK last year and the service was fantastic.
    You can pay £50 pp each way to get extra legroom and spirits included. Certainly worth it on the return leg. You also get priority boarding.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow all the hate for AA. I have flown with them maybe 20 times both TATL and internal and have always had good service. The food is better than most IMHO (and you can preorder your meal so that you know you will get your first choice) they are running their new 777's on some of the timings, which is a nice plane down the back. (so I hear,lol) I find their CC really nice, laid back, and friendly.
    To each his own I guess.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Wow all the hate for AA. I have flown with them maybe 20 times both TATL and internal and have always had good service. The food is better than most IMHO (and you can preorder your meal so that you know you will get your first choice) they are running their new 777's on some of the timings, which is a nice plane down the back. (so I hear,lol) I find their CC really nice, laid back, and friendly.
    To each his own I guess.

Hate for AA?
    I certainly didn't intend to express that (but I do stand by my comments about the majority of the TA FAs :) wouldn't stop me booking them though I don't need an FA to be over attentive just give me food and drink as required....they can gossip to each other and read hello magazine all they like once that's sorted :D )
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    but best of all the seating config on the 777 is 2-5-2

Sadly I don't think that's the case on the new planes...at least it wasn't last I checked and this is one of the things we always liked about AA...there are pairs, but only a few - no longer all the way down the aisle...the dreaded 3-4-3 for the most part.

We would fly AA over Delta any day but that's mostly down to having not flown Delta in years due to a negative experience or two with them many moons ago. I've always quite liked the cabin crew on AA - yes they are a bit older but they have been quite personalble and efficient on the flights we have been on...and they clear the trays quite quickly after the meal (one of the things that drives me nuts about Virgin is how long they leave the trays out before they start collecting them).

It is funny how much one or two negative experiences or general perceptions really colour a passenger's opinion.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure