Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I keep thinking about starting a new diary too
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It’s not a bad idea to start a new diary - you gave done so much this year and like you say you are it the same person who started this diary. However,  remember everything you have been through has contributed to the strength and wisdom you have now as well as any lingering negative effects 😊

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 19 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 17th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a year of battles & achievements.  Will the sale of the rental property mean no tax to pay on that?  If so yet another win.  It only seems recently those locks were changed, time does fly.
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,915 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What a brilliant year you've had @Watty1! Some sadness of course but onwards to joy and growth.  I hope you're proud of yourself love Humdinger xx 
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New year watty, you are going into 24 in such a good way.  Wishing you much contentment and more items ticked off your list in the coming year

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you @daisy_1571
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And just like that 2023 is done.  The VNM and I watched "Gone With The Wind"  as neither of us had seen it and it is a very long movie so seemed right to fill in the time slot between dinner and the fireworks.    Fortunately only the local hotel let off fireworks and the horses don't mind those.  i have leaving them alone when there are fireworks so that we stayed in, watched the film and then watched the fireworks from the yard.

We shared a bottle of fizz and I had another glass of wine and this morning I have yet again noticed late nights and wine do not agree with me.  Although I still do them.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback