This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats good that you're still paying into your pension - not so *very* far into la la land!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    True KC :)
    Didn't get very far with financial goals but on the plus side didn't spend any money either. The new saddle bought a couple of months ago (well new to me, was a secondhand saddle) may not fit Most Handsome (even though saddler says it does Mr Watty and a couple of pals think it doesn't and I am beyond confused). Either that or Most Handsome still has problems.
    Not sure which so got out another saddler. Possibly the most incompetent saddler of the lot. I very clearly said I wanted her to bring the treeless saddle she sells and she turned up without it saying it wouldn't fit :mad: Bought another one which didn't fit and Most Handsome had a huge strop. She then said Most Handsome was clearly in pain and shouldn't be working :mad:
    Now whilst I am considering there may be something wrong with Most Handsome having a saddle that doesn't fit would be like wearing a very uncomfortable pair of shoes. Silly cow then wanted £50 call out :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you didn't get on the course, hopefully another opportunity will come up - are they likely to run it again?

:( with MH, really hope it can be sorted.

Well done on the dog show wins, sounded like a fab day out and great weather too. Crumbs, Springy will be 7 next year...thought they were meant to slow down a bit by then...no signs so far :rotfl:

Here's to work being back on track :beer: I'm just about back to normal after my too long break (as much as it did me good). :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Watty1
    Options
    Fab couple of days out of office. Today was a particularly lovely day as it was the 30th Birthday of a charity I am trustee for and they held a party/celebration alongside a graduation event. So lovely and lots of really motivational speakers. Came away full of enthusiasm - but - tired now :)
    Will catch up with all later.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I have had problems with a saddler who was not qualified to fit them.
    Grrrr.
  • Luckyinlife
    Options
    Hope your weekend is good watty
    seems like youv had a shaky week be nice to chill :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Fab couple of days out of office. Today was a particularly lovely day as it was the 30th Birthday of a charity I am trustee for and they held a party/celebration alongside a graduation event. So lovely and lots of really motivational speakers. Came away full of enthusiasm - but - tired now :)

Sounds brilliant tho! And seeing the work and the results over such a long period of time, thats really powerful.

Enjoy your weekend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Glad you had a good day away from the office
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Sounds like you had a truly lovely day.

Take care, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Watty1
    Options
    Busy couple of days. I have found the joys of pruning the garden with a small saw. (Well it was overgrown).
    Day at work, head still planning new ideas but need to focus on some routine stuff first.
    Caught up with a few threads here but now need to think about own financials so off to check online accounts.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback