This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    I hope you get a good sleep tonight. I recommend a few chapters of 'Bleak House'.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope you get a good sleep tonight. I recommend a few chapters of 'Bleak House'.

I might try that this evening.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope you get it sorted Watty.
    Mr Watty might have a point. If he does the schooling it should improve his balance and confidence.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope Mr Watty manages to help sort MH boy. And also hoping you're getting some sleep x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Options
    Lovely day yesterday at local ploughing match. Its an annual event rather like an old fashioned county show. Local food producers, farmers, tractors, countryside stuff. Great fun :) Had my first ever try at archery and loved it (£5 well spent on the archery stand) and entered dog in his first ever fun dog show. Bless him he won the veteran class for dogs over 7 and that qualified him for the championship which he won :j Ate locally made cheeses and rustic bread and local apples for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed day out.
    Struggling to get motivated to do much today - but - inspired by Tilly have done a major on line food shop to be delivered tomorrow.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Such lovely weather we had yesterday, glad you got out to enjoy it
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Options
    Dog still sleeping after winning best in show.
    Bless him.
    Dog owner started work early and cracking on. Need to skip work for a few hours pm when farrier here to shoe the boys.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love watching ploughing competitions! Only seen a few, but magical. Sounds a great weekend, hope today with the farrier goes as well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    Both boys have new shoes. But after a bill of £165 I'm thinking I might see if I can get the Fell pony to go without shoes again. I'm going to research why he doesn't cope well with them and see what I can find out. (He goes very pottery and looks lame - if any horsey reader has ideas feel free to comment :) )

Didn't get on course despite revised application but am promised feedback on why. However am off to the public launch with the speakers so hoping for inspiration. The work fiasco seemingly sorted for now (if only temporarily) and so pushing on with plans to get business back on track

• Watty1
    Options
    Todays plan:
    Sort financial goals. I've been coasting in MF la la la state for a few weeks but I do need a plan for re-paying business, rebuilding emergency fund and re-starting investments up again (have continued with pension contributions but need to get everything else back on track).
    Back later with a plan formulated.
    First tidy office
    and
    potentially spend lots of cash I'm not sure I actually have

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback