This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Drat, I missed the dodgy group hug!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Amrise sounds like a euphemism Watty. For little b u g g e r probably.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Amrise sounds like a euphemism Watty. For little b u g g e r probably.

:rotfl: or worse

Quick posting - major business traumas. Little time to do much else than fret about business at the moment. Will be back to post and catch up shortly.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »

Quick posting - major business traumas. Little time to do much else than fret about business at the moment. Will be back to post and catch up shortly.

Hope the traumas are sorted swiftly and as painlessly as possible x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Hope the traumas are sorted swiftly and as painlessly as possible x
    From me too, watty.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hope business life settles down.

Take care, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Sending you big hugs Watty I hope it is all resolved as soon as possible for you xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all.
    So things not been great and I have a lot to do but I need to work out how to phase the work in rather than usual work from 7 am to 11 pm approach to sorting things out.
    And trying to put a spin on the latest disaster, as a result I will have to research each and every one of my clients which means I can trim down the client list to those who are active or have been so in the last couple of years, update their details, learn to do email marketing, learn social media and I've come up with one new product to develop and sell.
    Its been a hell of a week - but - I must be feeling a lot better than I was a few months ago because I have begun to see that I can make something out of the business trauma.
    And in same light, I re-did my application for the course I had found - I've no idea if one can apply twice - but - I did. Now if I don't get on it I know that I have given it my best shot.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    I need to work out how to phase the work in rather than usual work from 7 am to 11 pm approach to sorting things out.
    Highly recommended. When I was really busy, I made myself stop work at 9pm, and have the rest of my evening for myself.
    ... I will have to research each and every one of my clients which means I can trim down the client list to those who are active or have been so in the last couple of years, update their details, learn to do email marketing, learn social media and I've come up with one new product to develop and sell.
    The research and focus is recommended in everything I read about modern business - helps with proper fees as well, I think. And a new product sounds great.
    Its been a hell of a week - but - I must be feeling a lot better than I was a few months ago because I have begun to see that I can make something out of the business trauma.
    And in same light, I re-did my application for the course I had found - I've no idea if one can apply twice - but - I did. Now if I don't get on it I know that I have given it my best shot.
    Good for you, on both of these - business seems to be changing so fast, that without constant reassessment and planning, you just get left behind.

Even the floods back in 2001 showed that - some businesses were flooded, and as a temporary measure, they set up websites (it wasn't automatic back then!) and the websites did so well, some of them never reopened their physical stores.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sending hugs and some spare strength I found down the back of the sofa. X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills