Debt free in 23......

Options

Comments

• zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, at the end of the month I decided I would challenge myself not to food shop in Feb!

I sorted the freezer and meal planned :) I have worked up to 20th Feb so far and all I need to buy is sone potatoes and 6 eggs. :T

I'm sure there's another 8 days worth of meals in there too
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • zenshi
    Options
    Eating from freezer going well. Bought eggs but was given some spuds. Need butter and washing up liquid but gained and extra few meals....one by having extra veg and stretching my slow cooker casserole, friends to tea tonight and given a home made curry by my lovely Indian boss 😀

Almost finished the third item of furniture for front room, just needs waxing. Sold my dining table which will pay for the paint for the new smaller one I was given, it's bottle green :rotfl: Each to their own I guess

Off to town to do some chores today before being fed at my friends. Lovely sunny but windy day here so clothes line full instead of stuff being draped on rads

• zenshi
    Options
    Eat from the freezer went very well although sometimes a bit odd! What I thought was white sauce for lasagne turned out to be mash Potato so meal plan re jigged to make bubble and squeak instead.

A tub of 'red stuff' is still waiting to be defined!

I did spend about £25 on YS food in Feb but that will be used in March. Am aiming to eat from freezer again but will probably only be about two weeks

New month and pay day !!!! up means I only have half my food and petrol budget. If I can manage then extra will go into EF pot

Have finished painting my free cycle dining table, just need to wax it but what a transformation. Got given another so will paint that up then sell it on

• zenshi
    Options
    Been stupidly busy at work but being self employed I just work extra, am exhausted!

Day off today, so tackling the barn loft for car boot stuff that I'm planning on doing over Easter. Also have a problem up there with either rats or squirrels. I can hear them running around and sounds more heavy footed than mice! I'm dreading going up there if I'm honest!

Have booked the re-roof in for July so saving hard for that. I know it would need at least one repair over the winter if I leave it

Off to walk the dog, then coffee, then I'll tackle the loft and evict the squatters :rotfl:

• zenshi
    Options
    On track for roof money :j

The big hol that was planned for my big birthday was put on hold, so booked a few days in Wales in a B and B. My dog stuck her head where she shouldn't and I ended up with emergency vet trip as she lacerated her eye :eek: prob a thorn or something, anyway she's not one that lets that affect her walks :rotfl: so was still doing the mountain walks with us.

Just after the Wales trip was booked my sis announces the big hol is back on! It's only costing me my spending money as it's mostly paid for by her and my kids. Can't wait!

Budget still going to plan and I only buy YS meat. If none available then I have a veggie week. I did hit at the right time for fruit and veg this week but one lady annoyed me as she was throwing everything in her trolley and I mean everything. She had I think 6 large packets of grapes. Personally, if there's others around then I only have 1 so as to let everyone have something. My friend took two packs of grapes from her trolley when she dived back in for some more reduced stuff :rotfl:

• zenshi
    Options
    Been a while since I updated...again! Am rubbish :rotfl:

Anyway, I've been really busy at work before and following my hol. One problem of being self employed is no holiday pay and I have to cram in my customers so days just get longer.

I had an amazing time apart from on the last flight home, my e cig was confiscated at customs :mad: despite the fact that the airline supervisor stated to the customs guy that they're allowed on the flight, he just went deaf and refused to listen!

My new roof should be started this week, weather permitting. I have saved hard and it's all paid for

Debt repayments ticking along nicely, no hassle from any creditors, so all good

• zenshi
    Options
    Weathers been hit and miss all summer, so the roof has just been done last week. I can relax this winter knowing there'll be no leaks. New to me car fund on track for after Xmas

I make Xmas cakes as pressies and have made 3 at the weekend, just need to feed and ice them

With what I saved this year for my roof and car is almost half my total debt, so if I can maintain the work momentum I should be debt free by 2020! Three years earlier than expected and if I manage to bag some discounts, even earlier

Afternoon off today so off to tackle some wild shrubs in the garden

• zenshi
    Options
    Was on track with saving for new car after Xmas, then mine decided to fail the MOT spectacularly so I had to run to bank of child and borrow to fund new car two months early! So although my debt has momentarily gone up, it's in hand with what I was saving.

Xmas shopping nearly done and work is relentless. Looking forward to the Xmas break. I have 3 days off between now and then :eek:

• zenshi
    Options
    And another mini disaster, money wise!

My dog had to have dental work and a couple of lumps removed, so had to borrow from bank of child again. My goal was to have EF in place by end of Jan, now won't be till end Feb

I'm so thankful my kids help me out

• zenshi
    Options
    New year, new budget. Have tweaked things a little to include saving in a holiday and present pot.

Start selling stuff again to fund a couple of activities and food for our family hol at end of April. Actual hol already paid for.

Jan and Feb ‘spare’ money should cover any hol money that selling stuff hasn’t and get me a buffer in my bank account.
    Mar and April ‘spare’ money is allocated to EF
    May and June ‘spare’ money will pay off my tax credit debt

So, that’s my plan for the first half of the year assuming work carries on good and I have no disasters!

Today will be spent preparing and blanching 12kg of parsnips that I got for 50p! And searching the net for what else to do with them apart from the curried soup that I love and honey roast parsnips. Hopefully I will not get sick of them :rotfl:

Oh and try not to go food shopping this month and eat from the freezer again

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport