Changing bag that looks like a handbag

Options
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a changing bag that looks like a handbag (also where to buy them). I'm looking to buy one for a friend.

Thanks
I love MSE freebies and comps. Thanks posters

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    You'd probably be best heading to Mothercare (or their website) although a lot are likely to be branded. Baby K (Myleene Klass' range) do some - they are expensive though.

Could you not just find a nice, roomy enough handbag? Many handbag style/looking changing bags are overpriced, in my opinion, due to the fashion element!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think I saw loads of these in Mothercare but they are really expensive.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Baby clinic had a super dad who used a laptop case. It held nappies, wipes, bags, full clean change & looked as if it contained the Toshiba on its cover.
    I think no matter how gorgeous the bag, if you aren't ultra organised about what goes in, you may as well have an have a "traditonal" nappy bag.
    Get a hardwearing one? Over a decade later, what is clearly a somewhat elderly & somewhat naff changing bag now holds most of the toy guns in the house.
  • lazywife
    lazywife Posts: 593 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Baby clinic had a super dad who used a laptop case. It held nappies, wipes, bags, full clean change & looked as if it contained the Toshiba on its cover.
    I think no matter how gorgeous the bag, if you aren't ultra organised about what goes in, you may as well have an have a "traditonal" nappy bag.
    Get a hardwearing one? Over a decade later, what is clearly a somewhat elderly & somewhat naff changing bag now holds most of the toy guns in the house.

For a good while I was using one of the rucksacks from the Tesco luggage with vouchers promotion! Designed for a laptop but I had the change mat in the laptop compartment.

Mothercare's where I've seen the handbag looking ones though but they had the usual mothercare infuriating thing of not having the price on half the stock.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Moomum
    Moomum Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    One of these
    http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-knitted-star-pram-blanket-navy/p231227714
    in a normal handbag.
    I used a long champ bag as very lightweight and wipeable!
  • wifefaefife
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, hopefully I'll find something she'll like.
    I love MSE freebies and comps. Thanks posters
  • thecoffeehouse204
    Options
    Would definitely recommend the pacapod range of changing bags, wouldn't have been without mine. Comes with two separate 'pods' inside one for food things and one for changing gear. Keeps everything nice and organised and has a few different compartments for keys, purse etc. The food pod also has straps on the back so turns into a little backpack for your toddler when they are old enough.

http://www.pacapod.com/
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    I had a pacapod too. They're amazing. I still use it to go on flights, because it is easy to take out the two smaller pods for on the flight. I've got the plain black one and I wouldn't be without it...my daughter is now 8 :-)
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    I had a storksak. There are lots in the range and they do look like handbags but as they are leather aren't as cheap as most changing bags either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure