02 talkalot

Options
barjam_2
barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
sorry if this has already been posted did a search and couldnt find it

o2 simcards that have the 300 text per month providing you top up £10 are now giving you the option to have minutes /texts /mms together or separate apparently you get 100 units for your tenner 1 minute anyone anytime is 1 unit 1 text is 1 unit and a mms is 3units i am not exactly what happens after you use up all your units though i am hoping its the same as the other tariff that you then use up your tenner when all the units are gone

anyone else got any info on this:cool:

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    barjam,

Yes this is just the same as the 300text tariff in that after you have used up your 100 xnet anytime mins you then start to use your £10 at normal PAYG rates.

For more info, see this thread, or see O2's website and scroll down to the 'Pay As You Go Tariff' section
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    yeah but no but yeah

forget the £10 top up, top up the folowing amounts:

top up £15 get 150 off peak mins
    top up £30 get 300 off peak mins

check out the bottom of page on the link

online sims: http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/boltons/online

offline sims: http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/boltons/offline
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    those are off-peak bundles that could be added on to the other one, which is anytime

I'm wrong; those are on High St tariffs, not online
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    help, i'm a bit confused here.
    does it mean that for ten pounds top up you get 100 xnetwork mins and 100 payg mins?
    Nice to save.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:
    barjam,

Yes this is just the same as the 300text tariff in that after you have used up your 100 xnet anytime mins you then start to use your £10 at normal PAYG rates.

sorry, but i'm still confused . my understanding of above quote is:-
    100 xnetwork mins. followed by 100 payg mins with a ten pound top-up.
    please enlighten me.
    Nice to save.
  • allthatmularky
    Options
    The SIM offers for £10 a validity period of 30 days for FREE items.
    1) Either 300 FREE texts
    2) A combination of FREE 100 xnets or 100 texts - 1 text being the equal of the xnet minute. So say 80xnet and 20 text or vice versa.

Once this has being used or 30 days expired - the £10 top up remains to be used at their normal rates :-
    1) First 3 mins to landline or O2 mobile 25p then 5p a minute thereafter (or 2p) at weekends.
    2) 40p a minute xnet calls.
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    this was the email i received back from o2 hope it all makes sense to you i think its easier to think that you have 100 inits then 1 text is 1 unit, 1 mms is 3 units, video message is 3 units, and 1 minute is 1 unit
    rather thab trying to keep up with the 6000 units its telling you

Dear Barb,

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.

With the Calls & Messages Combi Bundle you will be entitled to receive 6000 units every month on your anniversary date.

You will be charged as per the following units for making calls and sending SMS, MMS, Video messages from your mobile phone.

1. If you send 1 SMS then 60 Units will be deducted.
    2. If you send 1 MMS then 180 units will be deducted.
    3. If you send 1 video message then 180 units will be deducted.
    4. If you make a call for 1 minute then 60 units will be deducted.

After using all your free units, you will still have your call time credit balance on your account.

You can request these Bundles by:

Dialling the IVR 2425
    Sending the text ONMSG to 21300 for Messages Combi
    Sending the text ONCALLSMSG to 21300 for Calls & Messages Combi
    Contacting customer service

I hope the above information is useful to you.

If you need further information regarding this matter, please reply to this Email.

For further details about O2, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Kind regards,

Nainan Jose
    O2 Customer Service.

Important: Please ensure that every time you contact us you include the following information; Your Date of Birth, Postcode, Mobile Number. O2 Online endeavour to resolve your query on your initial contact and "Get It Right". If we have failed to attain the high standards we set for ourselves please reply to this Email placing the words "Get It Right" in the subject field of your response and we will deal with your response as a matter of priority.

O2 (UK) Limited, Registered Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX. Registered in England No 1743099.
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    The SIM offers for £10 a validity period of 30 days for FREE items.
    1) Either 300 FREE texts
    2) A combination of FREE 100 xnets or 100 texts - 1 text being the equal of the xnet minute. So say 80xnet and 20 text or vice versa.

Once this has being used or 30 days expired - the £10 top up remains to be used at their normal rates :-
    1) First 3 mins to landline or O2 mobile 25p then 5p a minute thereafter (or 2p) at weekends.
    2) 40p a minute xnet calls.

but top up £15 or £30 instead of £10 and get the 150/300 off peak mins *AS* well as the 100xnets/text combo deal and £15/£30 of credit
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    seaniboy wrote:
    but top up £15 or £30 instead of £10 and get the 150/300 off peak mins *AS* well as the 100xnets/text combo deal and £15/£30 of credit
    That's not true. The reason being is that o2 have two seperate (well meant to be) PAYG dept. One is their "normal" (aka High Street Tariff) o2 PAYG (you can buy their simcards from anywhere or any o2 store) and it is the normal o2 PAYG that are doing the 150/300mins offpeak (to landlines or o2 mobiles only) for topping up by £15/£30. See o2's High Street (normal) Tariff.

The other, is their o2 Online PAYG (you can only buy their simcards online or the special offers they do every now and then). It is the o2 Online that are doing the 100xnet/text anytime combo deal for topping up by £10. See o2's Online Tariff.
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I am on o2 online PAYG and get the 300 txt messages with a £10 top up, so does this mean when I top up £10 I can use some xnet minutes and some txt messages and still have my £10 credit intact.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure