Options

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    MrsAtobe wrote: »
    Isn't it normally spelled with a U?

Parlour, parlour, parlour!

Eta, well that worked, why won't !!!!!!?

lol - I thought it funny to use the Americanism - I should just have said Salon!

I cant work out why parlour without an 'U' would get blocked by MSEs swear/banned words filter! how bizarre!
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    He is GORGEOUS, I love the snooty look! I would have him in a heartbeat, I like cats with a bit of attitude.

I think your son is being very clever btw....
    Val.
  • meritaten
    Options
    I think you would be disappointed Valk...........he is a sweety! the snooty look is just the arrangement of his face!
    now if you wanted a cat with attitude - then Timmy my first cat or Felix my sons first cat ..........would give you attitude in Spades lol!
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aw what a gorgeous cat. He is so adorable. He will certainly find himself a good home where ever that may be.
  • meritaten
    Options
    I am definitely getting some pics tomorrow - wait til you see his eyes!
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    im not playing anyone i need to know what suits barney best as obviously he has changed his mind about a chatic household keeping him here would made the situation worse, and he had met you regarly so knew you, and the impact of moving him to yours was kept to a minimal as he knew you keeping him here whilst guessing his needs would have been impropper and temporary foster care would have seen him go past stress to consistant distress.

i'm looking out for his interests, and the best way to do that was to move him to yours where he knew you to keep him calm, and figure out his prefurances for his ideal home setting.

its early days and he's still figuring you and dad out, it could swing into a positive mood or he could still end up getting stressed again but being isolated youll pick up on what triggers the stress rather than hi stay here and guess as there too many potential trigers for his stress out behaviour.

as soon i know what setting suits him and what triggers his stress i will rehome him.

if everything go well, and you want him, then ask me then, that between you and dad i have no part in that aspect if you make that decision i have no issue you having him provided thats the best setting for him, i just want whats best for barney and if thats figuring out his triggers and best home setting ill find someone that can understand the triggers of his stress and a setting he desires.
  • meritaten
    Options
    atrix - I know you want the best for Barney - so do I! so does dad! but I also know that you know I have wanted a cat for some time now! dad has always said no!
    I know that you are sincere in trying out a calmer home for Barney - but don't you hope that we will keep him so you can see him?
    I am seeing positive signs with Barney - he watches dad like a hawk and is quietly ingratiating himself - with me he follows me around and is very affectionate.
    ~Barney is no fool - he has dad sussed!
    me too!
    But, if after a few weeks we think another type of family may be Barneys ideal family I would (reluctantly) let him go.
    he genuinely enjoyed seeing the kids today - but didn't like being picked up and fussed!
    Its early days yet - see how he gets on!
  • MrsAtobe
    MrsAtobe Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Options
    Softly, softly, catchee monkey :)
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What a kind grandma you are. One of mine is heading off to his grandma's on Friday as he's stressed and has started over grooming again. Last time the vet gave him some tablets (kitty was being bullied by a Tom cat) but I don't want him on kitty chill pills forever. Not sure what has set off this bout of stress (it may be introduction of new kitty who loves to play/annoy his big brother - they're just like kids sometimes!)

I'm hoping lots of attention will calm him down.

I bought a bag of toys from the pound shop which included a green catnip filled pillow toy which he loves to snuggle his head on. Mum makes a fishing rod with string and a sweet wrapper on the end which amuses him for hours.

Your grandkitty is a gorgeous lad.
  • meritaten
    Options
    lol, I have this mental image now of Grandcats all over the country packing their 'sleepover' bags and heading off to Grandmas!

wonder if its anything to do with the school hols?

Barney wouldn't co-operate with pics! every time I picked the camera up he 'cat-smiled' and I couldn't catch him with his eyes open! BUT - I have a cunning plan, as Baldrick would say! watch this space!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure