Returning a TV...

Options
Hi,
I've just purchased an LED TV from Very on July 27th. I use Very regularly and have not encountered an issue before but now I have a potential problem returning this TV.
The TV has a high pitched tone coming from it when switched on making it unwatchable, I called the returns line to return the TV but they gave me a helpline number to speak to a technical team.
I've called the technical team as apparently I need a reference number from them (I'm guessing to verify the fault) and they are going to arrange a technician to call me and see if it can be fixed.
I've told them I want to return the TV but they insist I follow their process but I know this is going to end up backwards and forwards with them trying to fix the issue.

I certainly don't want a new TV to be fixed, am I still within my rights to return the TV?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Comments

• sirmosh
    sirmosh Posts: 701 Forumite
    Options
    Normally if you buy online you've got 7 days to return it. The idea is that you can inspect it and check it works fine, obviously that's what you've done and discovered a fault.

You may get a better response from the consumer rights section of the forum but I believe you can just return it. Find out the wording of the act that covers you and quote it I suggest.
  • Goodgreef
    Options
    Thanks Sirmosh, I should be covered by the distance selling act, I didn't even consider that.

I'll re-post in the consumer rights section.

Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport