PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Weekly Flylady Thread w/c 29 July 2013

Options

Comments

• neveah
    neveah Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning all , having new windows upstairs so the house is in a pickle
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    thank you for the lists and stepping in this week Valli.
    thanks also for the usual lists natty and dusty
    im in again, and will try nd keep up.
    hugs good wishes and positive vibes to all who need them.
    already done a HHC in the front garden finishing off some weeding and trimming DD wasnt sure about so another bag of garden rubbish waiting to be taken.
    just done a HHC tidying the drawer i keep the spare birthday cards and stationery in. much tidier now and a carrier of old stickers and ratty bits in recycling. only need to buy/make 3 cards to get me to the end of the year.
    got about a HHC of letter sorting and posting to do and will then do something else off the lists.

Manic Monday[/B][/URL]
    Flinging and Flying in the living room

15 minutes?
    • empty waste bins
    • [STRIKE]open window to let in fresh air[/STRIKE]
    • remove anything that belongs elsewhere to be rehomed
    • plump cushions
    • wipe over coaster/sticky, icky tables
    • chuck out old newspapers etc - recycle!
    • sweep floor
    30 minutes? as above plus-
    • wipe switches, sockets and sticky door marks
    • take throws and cushions off wipe leather settees down and replace.
    1hour? as above plus -
    • as above plus complete dusting - don't forget the skirting boards!
    • Clean the windows
    EXTRAS
    • [STRIKE]It's almost August so check your diary and see what birthday (etc) cards you might need for the month. Add them, and stamps if you need them, to your shopping list[/STRIKE]
    EXTRA SPECIAL
    • [STRIKE]Sort out cards for November and December - because trying to find birthday cards Add them to your list. Put them in a MEMORABLE place [/STRIKE]
    And finally - don't forget your frog list - even if you only nibble on a frog make a start!

SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tarotangel wrote: »

I'm also low on spoons Drs switched my pill from Noriday to Cerazette. It's taking my spoons away drastically and also not doing the mental department any good. I got to a kind of "stable" bit in my life and now it's all unravelling but I have to wait another two weeks before I can go back.

Cerazette not only turned me into a psychotic axe-murderer I was also pregnant within 6 months of taking it (due any day!).. My daughter was put on it a couple of weeks ago and isn't good either.. she had had the implant before which is actually the same drug as cerazette and she is still waiting to stop bleeding from June last year.

Request to change back if the Noriday was ok.. emotionally/mentally I had no issues with that.. though it was completely ineffective. (DS2 and DD2 and a couple of miscarriages ;) )

Blimey Pigpen, can't you tell visitors to come back later - thats an awful busy time you have there!!

Helen

I wish... I think they just chose to come when it would be of utmost inconvenience just to pee me off.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Cerazette not only turned me into a psychotic axe-murderer I was also pregnant within 6 months of taking it (due any day!).. My daughter was put on it a couple of weeks ago and isn't good either.. she had had the implant before which is actually the same drug as cerazette and she is still waiting to stop bleeding from June last year.

Request to change back if the Noriday was ok.. emotionally/mentally I had no issues with that.. though it was completely ineffective. (DS2 and DD2 and a couple of miscarriages ;) )

I wish... I think they just chose to come when it would be of utmost inconvenience just to pee me off.

Your house your rules?

You can exercise your right to not feed them..... like they do to you....
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Pigpen - return the compliment by making sure you do something to hack them off enough for them to not want to visit again! Honestly, people think that just because hey are related they can take liberties - very unthoughtful of them

Dusty - thinking of you and yours x

Done nothing so far - not even dressed! Need to find some mojo from somewhere

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neveah wrote: »
    morning all , having new windows upstairs so the house is in a pickle

Good job we're starting downstairs this week *crack* ;)

So far I have arisen at 6 am; out on a towel wash and the DW...

and then I went back to bed....:o

On a positive note last night's jam has set beautifully!

C'mon Helen - me and you in the shower in 3...2...1...

(separately, obviously!)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can understand them wanting to come Sunday when it is Squeaks birthday but any other time is just to make me uncomfortable and irritable.. not that it takes anything at all lol.

They are hacked off enough that OH and I are together I am certain of it! I'm just not good enough (I know OH's mum reads here too and knows who I am ... and today I don't actually care!) .. I don't do as I am told EVER! and I don't have any kind of addiction and I loathe smoking.. not to mention voting for the wrong political party and OH and I aren't married either yet we have the children :p I don't need to say or do anything but be here. It amuses me in many ways.

I don't need to feed them.. they are incredibly rude and bring a packed lunch with them!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Finally munched the TC frog this morning. :D Only took 90min and 7 attempts to get through! :mad:

I'll be flying slightly off list today. I have a stack of ironing to clear, paperwork to do, finances to update, and I could do with doing an online Mr A shop if I have the money available allowing for the bills going out on Thursday..

Personal :

Update Finances
    Clear paperwork pile
    Sort work orders
    Clear ironing pile
    WM x2
    DD - sort school papers out.

Flinging and Flying in the family room - living room

15 minutes?

A tidy room LOOKS like a clean room so
    • empty waste bins
    • remove anything that belongs elsewhere to be rehomed
    • plump cushions
    • wipe over coaster/sticky, icky tables
    • chuck out old newspapers etc - recycle!
    • quick run round with Henry on suction duty
    30 minutes? as above plus-
    • wipe switches, sockets and sticky door marks
    • vacuum properly - move that furniture if you safely can
    • lift sofa and chair cushions and vacuum under them
    1hour? as above plus -
    • as above plus complete dusting - don't forget the skirting boards!
    • Clean the windows
    EXTRA SPECIAL
    • Sort out cards for November and December - because trying to find birthday cards (etc) when the shops are chock full of Christmas cards is NOT easy! Add them to your list. Put them in a MEMORABLE place - because we don't want them lost when you need them!
    I've already sorted cards out until September as I order them online in batches :p

Think I might get DD to fly in the kitchen as well today. We're off out for the day on Friday (I'm taking her to her grandparents on her dads side by train and making it a day trip for us with a picnic lunch etc ;) I'll be coming home on my own the same day) and I have work on Thursday although I might try and get that out the way earlier if I can.

Off to put the washing on and chase DD into the kitchen to wash up ;) Anyone up for a HHC at 10.30?

Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still sorting out my drawers - I've now got a pile of stuff on the LR floor but nothing in the drawers. Suppose I'd better crack on then!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning :D
    I am in this week - thanks Valli for the lists :)
    I have 1 load in the WM - hoping to get it out & in before it rains. it should dry quickly as it is warm & windy. I have hoovered all through downstairs (and then sat in front of the fan for a while to cool down!) I have also had a quick tidy round. the bins will be emptied tomorrow night, so I haven't done that yet.

I am in the process of making a shopping list, and DH & DS are going to @ldi on their bikes to save petrol :) It is going to be a struggle this month moneywise as I do not have many children to look after in the summer :( (mainly term time). on the plus side, I have signed up a new little girl for after school from September, and had a visit from a family who may need care for their 5 month old (he is SO cute!) but she needs to get a job first, and is visiting other minders, so nothing definite (some job-getting vibes for her - and me! - would be helpful :))

I am now going to do another half hour or so on my Food Hygiene course - I want to get it out of the way. Then need to do some paperwork :( (as always!)

Hugs, sticks & spoons to those that need them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport