PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style stalwart squeaky Book of remembrance

Options

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd wondered for a while where squeaky was :( thank you for letting us know and RIP and pain free squeaky - I am sure there are lots of things in your new realm that can be sorted and indexed to keep you amused and out of trouble :D x
    Blah
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to his family :(
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Crispy_Ambulance
    Options
    Very sad news - the indexes are brilliant and have helped me so much. RIP Squeaky.
    "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What sad news. when I first started using MSE I remember Squeaky as one of the stalwarts of the Old Style board- always ready to help out with some good advice or a direction to a link. As others have said the hard work put in will keep helping future money-savers
    weaving through the chaos...
  • Eyeore
    Eyeore Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely agree with all that has been said to date.

RIP Squeaky, you will be very much missed and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends at this very diffult time.
    2019, move forward with positivity! I am the opposite of Eyeore :rotfl:
  • grandmasam
    grandmasam Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Rip Squeaky, your help and practical advice will be missed, Condolences to his family.
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • PetuliaGristle
    PetuliaGristle Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Although I didn't interact with Squeaky, I'd like to echo kidcat's post and add my thanks for all the time and hard work he put into OS to make it a better place for us all. Sincere condolences to Squeaky's family and friends.
    "We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
    "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright
  • dinosaver
    dinosaver Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Oh that is sad news. I remember when I first ventured onto MSE Squeaky was a regular and helpful presence. Old style has become a fitting tribute to him, being helpful, fun and kind. Thanks Squeaky.
  • oochable
    oochable Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Sad news - RIP squeaky. Find the indexes really helpful and often refer to them.
  • crogers
    crogers Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for all your hard work on behalf on the forum. You will be sadly missed.
    RIP Squeaky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport