Great 'ways To Cut Back' Hunt

Options

Comments

• pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    If you enjoy going to the cinema on a regular basis (more than twice a month) and have a cineworld cinema near to where you live, sign up for their unlimited card £10.99 per month.

Also take in your own juice/water and snacks saves loads.
    DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Harri2
    Harri2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Never carry cash in your wallet.
    For me it's cash not plastic! I take out a certain amount each week and that's it for most essentials and non essentails. It's helped me get my head around what I do spend and what I fritter
  • Harri2
    Options
    I lost a load of weigh recently and put some nice clothes on e-bay made a very respectable amount so I think a warderobe re-organisation is a great ideas and hopefully will become a regular even to root out the clothes I never really liked anyway.
    Harri
  • Harri2
    Options
    I've managed to sell quite a few book on amazon and I was impressed how quickly they sold and how little hassle it was. the only down side is that Amazon do take a whacking fee from each sale so you can end u with very little profit or as I did on one hardback a loss! I have also noticed, that some post offices seem to charge more than others You may say how can this be? it's done by machine, but similar books in the same packaging seem to be different when you get to the post office. i always weigh mine at hom now so there is no surprises.
    Harri
  • JollyNolly
    JollyNolly Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Harri2 wrote:
    For me it's cash not plastic! I take out a certain amount each week and that's it for most essentials and non essentails. It's helped me get my head around what I do spend and what I fritter

I'm just the opposite. I try to buy everything on plastic. It makes it much easier to find out what you're spending things on, because you get a statement to tell you! If I spend cash I have no idea where it's gone, so I try to avoid it.
    £2 coin savers club: £1.49
    Official DFW Nerd Club: Member no. 047
  • playman
    playman Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    You can get a 24-hour saving guide on everything from this webpage, the pdf should open in a new window.
  • JollyNolly
    Options
    In Russian???? Are you for real?
    £2 coin savers club: £1.49
    Official DFW Nerd Club: Member no. 047
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

This is a long thread so not sure if this has been mentioned yet

http://www.fixtureferrets.co.uk/

fixture ferrets have on their website always up-to-date lists of BOGOFs, offers, savings for all the major supermarkets. Very good site.
  • Geordiebird_3
    Options
    adeliene wrote:
    Join a Time Bank or start one, often grants available. I am making cushion covers, for a member and someone else is putting up some trellis for me. sharing without paying out money. and very sociable.

Have you got any links to this? Would love to try my hand at bartering!

Cheers :beer:
  • looneyleo
    Options
    This is really simple and can be applied to anything really. Think about any product that you use in day to day life and try to use just half of your normal amount. This makes everything last twice as long/or cost half price. So for example, if you use two squirts of perfume/aftershave just use one...you won't notice any difference but the bottle will last twice as long. Only use half the amount of shampoo, half the amount of wash powder, half the amount of butter on your bread etc etc etc If you apply this to everything it can make a big difference.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback