New Post Advanced Search

After the Work Programme

3.5K replies 140.2K views

Replies

• donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well finished level 1 and passed that. going to start level 2 in 2 weeks. well have go at it at least.
  • edited 28 April 2014 at 1:06AM
    topaztiger1983topaztiger1983 Forumite
    614 posts
    edited 28 April 2014 at 1:06AM
    I am starting this tomorrow, well today as it's gone midnight

I have been reading some really bad thing about this Post Work Programme thing such as advisors being generally unkind & unfeeling, but saying that my partners brother said he had a really nice advisor (He's 21 and a qualified chef but has only worked for a couple of months since leaving college at 19), I on the other hand I am 30, I have depression and I have only had 2 months work in the last 8 years, but I apply fpr jobs all the time I just never hear back from them

I do not have any criminal convictions or anything like that, I am what they term "Lower Class", by that I mean I am unemployed, on benefits & living in "social housing". I do not take illegal drugs & I do not drink alcohol (Both of which I have had problems with in the past, but I have not touched Cannabis for nearly 7 years & I have not had any alcohol for just over a year now), I will probably get the "no such thing as an ex alcholic" thrown at me by someone at sometime, but all I care is that I know that I am "clean & dry" and I am much happier for it

I am just hoping not to get some JCP nazi who just wants to make being unemployed unpleasant for me, It is already bad enough (Many times I have seriously considered suicide due to not having enough money), I am on medication for my depression which helps suppress the bad feelings

I am due to start college in September which I am really looking forward to, but I have read something saying that I would have to sign off, surely this is mental, I am going to college to do Level 2 Animal Care this year & hopefully Level 3 Animal Management next year, so if that is not helping me find work then I don't know what is (Its gotta be better than sending me on endless, pointless courses which are not even industry recognised qualifications, so how do they help), whereas the course I am going to college for is a BTEC, which is nationally recognised

Anyway I have my appointment at 10:30, so I will let you know how I get on after I get back from it

Finger crossed I get a nice advisor, sorry for the long winded post, but I do depend to rant sometimes

Cheers

TT
  • Ok had my appointment today and I have a really nice lady she has asked me to do daily jobsearch (which I was doing anyway), and my signing time changed (which is better for me) & I have a group session on the 9th May

So all in all it was a good interview,with a very nice advisor
  • jayne30jayne30 Forumite
    52 posts
    Hi Topaz

Did your job centre not mention the new Help To Work scheme that started today for WP leavers ?

Had a new pwps advisor today and was dreading it and expected to be in for daily signings or refered to 6 months work fare.

No mention of Help To Work scheme just a telephone catch up in a months time and normal signing.

Had JSAg tweeked a bit and thats all.

Been on PWPS since October 2013 so 6 months not sure if those of us who have done PWPS for 6 months or longer are being put on this Help to Work scheme or not ?

Glad your appointment went smoothly Topaz !
  • edited 28 April 2014 at 3:45PM
    topaztiger1983topaztiger1983 Forumite
    614 posts
    edited 28 April 2014 at 3:45PM
    Yeah I had my first PWPS appointment

No mention of Help to work yet but I have a group session on 8th May and then another advisor appointment on 13th May

I did mention that I was willing to train and she said that she would talk to me about possible training courses on the 13th May
  • donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok had my appointment today and I have a really nice lady she has asked me to do daily jobsearch (which I was doing anyway), and my signing time changed (which is better for me) & I have a group session on the 9th May

So all in all it was a good interview,with a very nice advisor
    they may appear nice but still be careful in what you say and do.
  • red_devilred_devil Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Ig your on post work support andcyou sibn off gor 6 months because your sick to death of the system and your bullying advisor can you sign back on after 6 months and start all over again from the beginning. In other words start as a new claimant would.
    :footie:
  • No you start from where you left off
    10.8K posts
    Im not sure on that if you have a 6 month break.
    10.8K posts
    Yeah I had my first PWPS appointment

No mention of Help to work yet but I have a group session on 8th May and then another advisor appointment on 13th May

I did mention that I was willing to train and she said that she would talk to me about possible training courses on the 13th May

Expect loads of pressure and loads of bullying and sanctions.

thats the stark truth, they aim to get people off benefits by fair means or foul.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support