New Post Advanced Search

After the Work Programme

3.5K replies 140.2K views

Replies

• mromro Forumite
    813 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    its now got harder to make sure your app history is full of jobs. CIT vacancies no longer let you apply on the site and now take you to an outside site to apply.
    Noticed today CIT has disappeared from UJM, one of the biggest advertisers.
    They were there last week, advertising 28000+ jobs.

Also Search Job Vacancies has disappeared.

Maybe DWP is finally starting to clean-up UJM, as still plenty more spam advertisers on there.
  • mro wrote: »
    Maybe DWP is finally starting to clean-up UJM, as still plenty more spam advertisers on there.

UJM will never work until they get shot of them all and start verifying advertised jobs are genuine.

It's a start though :D
  • mromro Forumite
    813 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    stix62 wrote: »
    UJM will never work until they get shot of them all and start verifying advertised jobs are genuine.

It's a start though :D
    Then they'll have lot less vacancies, it's currently swamped by the spam self-employed jobs & a few job boards advertising.

The smaller advertisers get swamped.
  • donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP007 wrote: »
    I was asking cause if you were 60 you may have little or no pc skills or if you were 20 you may have only ever used a touch screen etc
    yes i know older people tend to be more likely to be technophobes but this is about being of a high enough ability to get and keep an office based job. its more than about how to use the internet.
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mro wrote: »

its main function for me is to prevent the jobcentre sanctioning me by saying i havent applied for enough jobs. i would rather CIT vacancies were still there and with an apply button.
  • AP007AP007 Forumite
    7.1K posts
    mro wrote: »

re Search Job Vacancies I have asked the UJM to provide a company address to me and a phone number every day for the last two weeks. Maybe the got fed up :)
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • AP007AP007 Forumite
    7.1K posts
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • yes i know older people tend to be more likely to be technophobes but this is about being of a high enough ability to get and keep an office based job. its more than about how to use the internet.
    What's the content of the course you're going though with flying colours?
    32.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the content of the course you're going though with flying colours?
    its ecdl level 1. look it up if you want. theres nothing about improving keyboard skills. not that i believe that can be taught. you are either good at that or you arent.
  • its ecdl level 1. look it up if you want. theres nothing about improving keyboard skills. not that i believe that can be taught. you are either good at that or you arent.
    ECDL isn't really about keyboard skills as you say. It's more about computers and use of applications and their functions which is much more relevant to office work these days than typing an just using the applications will improve your skills. On the keyboard skills though you're already not that much slower than many others already in office work and that's just from job seeking and ovum posting.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support