We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bt Broadband Discrace

Well I've ordered BT Broadband on the 12th of june and got told that it will be active within a week. But to this date i still have no broadband. I didn't even have a working line in till the 18th of July when a BT engineer came out (told me that this wasn't his area and was using his fuel and was rude) I then got told there was an issue with the underground cable and they have fixed it. Once they done that they then said if I'm getting problems with broadband ill need to ring technical support.

Now as many others on the forum I've been on the phone for hours and hours trying to resolve this problem and had booked a day off work so they can gain access to my property but they didn't show up.

Just so i can do some work while i was waiting for BT i bought a dongle. Now this has cost me in usage £180 as it was only going to be a temporary fix in till BT sorted the line and this was a month ago. As im writing this i am still on the line to BT which has been yet another 45min and still doing yet another line check to which they WILL find a fault and then pass me onto the fault dept. and they will then send me back to the broadband.

I thought being BT they would be all over this like a shot but I'm gob smacked on how poorly organised and how keen they are to palm you off... Oh ye and they've charged me for 2 months line rental when ive only had a working line for 3-4 days!!!

Moral of the story
AVOID BT AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Chris

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Request a credit for the downtime and it will be given.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Hi Skoobi,

I can help get your Broadband going. Please can you send me in your details using the link found in my profile?

Thanks

Paddy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mjv1986
    mjv1986 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    I have had a different problem but BT are a disgrace.

I ordered from BT the broadband, phone line and TV on 17th July 2013 which entitled me to £100 Sainsburys voucher and B/Band for £20 a moth for 12 months.

These offers ended 18th July 2013. Then on Sunday (21st July) I rang up and they said they did credit checks and then cancelled the order............. I have no problem with credit checks usually, and why did they cancel my order.

Therefore as BT cancelled this, I just want the original offers I had when I placed my order.

However, I have contacted them via both email and phone and all the people say is "we cannot help you". You have to "re-order". I do not see why I should lose out because they cancelled my order for no reason!

Anyway, I am awaiting a response from my second email and we will see what happens. I don't hold out too much hope!
    Hi mjv1986,

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Please use the link found in my profile to send me your order details.

Thanks

Neil
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I was connected early july, since then numerous calls about intermittent connection (last tine 30 mins), 3 visits from line engineers, new hub on order. ever felt like losing the will to live?????
    Hi Carlislelass

If you need any help getting that sorted use the contact link found in my profile to send me your details.

Thanks

Neil
  • labp04
    labp04 Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi, hope I'm not hijacking this thread - but, yes, I also think BT Openreach are a disgrace.

I was going to post a thread to have a rant about the rights 'n wrongs of they seemingly having all the lines tied up and when a customer of another 'phone provider (me and, in my case, the phone co-op) wants to sign up for broadband being in the power position of failing to respond to problems and then failing to correct the problems and, apparently, failing to give the co-op any info as to when the problem with my line might, if ever, be fixed. Neither good enough nor fit for purpose aint too strong!

Yes, carlislelass, I share your feeling of losing the will to live and am trying not to blame the co-op.

Come on BT either get your act together or get out of the game! :mad:
  • lemonpopsicle
    lemonpopsicle Posts: 655 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2013 at 9:32PM
    Can any of the posters on here confirm whether they have had any success with the BT Company Rep?
    My blind disabled parents-in-law have had shocking service from BT that still isn't resolved and involved me being on the phone for 2 hours today (this is approx. the 15th time either myself or my brother-in-law have spoken to BT at length). BT doesn't give a ****!
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Are your parents in law on the Priority Fault Repair Register?
    Assuming that the issue is a fault?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman wrote: »
    Are your parents in law on the Priority Fault Repair Register?
    Assuming that the issue is a fault?
    Hi, I'm not sure whether they are or not I'll check, it's actually a new service issue as they have moved house.
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.