Agri Firma Capital

Options

Comments

• marchbridge
    Options
    So - Richard John Lyon Henstock thinks he can slip away un-noticed and detatch himself from his involvement in the issues with Agrifirma Capital!

Henstock and his bunch of pals at Capital Alternatives Ltd (and the rest!), like to make themselves look like reputable people and reputable companies, by cloning real companies.

I found another example today, but can't post the link as I'm a newish user. Look up Agrifirma-brazil.com and look under "investors"

Is that where you got name "Agrifirma Capital Ltd" Mr Henstock??

Well, well, there's that familiar name again - Mr Jim Slater - well known in the (reputable)investment world, and who many investors will follow. I wonder if he is aware of the extent to which his name was used (or should that be abused), in promotional material by Capital Alternatives, Agrifirma Capital, African Land Ltd - Henstock having been the director of two.
  • passingcloud
    Options
    Well he will be slipping away and retiring sipping bolly and laughing at us unless more investors contact the liquidators.

I am in despair - I know it is embarrassing to acknowledge the fact but (and I can't say it hear or they will take down my post) all you other investors are letting him laugh at you...........
  • bloque
    bloque Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an investor passing cloud. Are you also an investor March Bridge? If you're one please join us investors in our fight against Richard henstock.
  • marchbridge
    Options
    Hi Bloque, I'm not an investor in agrifirma but I did get involved in one or two other products promoted by capital alternatives unfortunately. I am therefore very interested in any news on any company involved in this whole nasty scenario. So - Henstock is not one of my favourite people either!
  • joshua1980
    Options
    everytime somebody tries to get close to him it is is blocked a world class conman, and it seens even money saving expert is losing its nerve
    when will this guy be stopped ?
  • passingcloud
    Options
    So is Gander the big cheese or is he being bankrolled by Haddow
  • I invested in Australian Wheat (2 Hectares), with Agri Firma Capital, via Capital Alternatives Ltd, over a year ago. I was expecting healthy returns by now. But having read the previous postings, I can see I'm now embarking on a long trail of letter and emails, with a low expectation of results.
    I would like to thank all who have contributed to above string of postings. I found it informative and helpful. Once I have my brain around it I will post my actions and their outcome, in the hope it will help someone else.
  • Wow, what a busy day. I have written to :-
    Companies House - Reply below - Agri Firma has gone to Liquidation
    Mr Robert Henstoock - No reply - and no reply expected
    Info at Agrifirmacapital.info - Bounced back as expected
    Corporate Agriculture Australia Pty Ltd - reply from their MD below
    I have also reported the dealings to - actionfraud.police.uk
    I have also written to Agri Firma's Liquidator.
    Theses are the helpful / useful replies :-

from Companies House
    re: Company - AGRI FIRMA CAPITAL LIMITED (Co.No. 07692576)
    The company is in Creditors Voluntary Liquidation. Any queries/claims please contact the liquidator -
    ANTHONY JOHN SARGEANT
    WESTMINSTER BUILDINGS
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG1 6LG

From Corporate Agriculture Australia Pty Ltd
    We did some work for AgriFirma in relation to sourcing land to purchase.
    Despite their assertion we have never been in a partnership or any other arrangement with this company apart from that of client and service provider.
    I know little of their operations or sales systems but can advise that this company owns no land in Australia (they defaulted on the purchase contract) and as such cannot provide you a lease as they assert. There is no investment from them over here and no funds have been forwarded here apart from initial land purchase deposit monies which have been lost. They owe money in Australia to several service providers including us
    My 'AnotherInvestor' conclusion from the above is that Agri Firma Capital Ltd issued me a lease on land they did not own or have control over. Sounds fraudulent to me. If you are in a similar situation you may wish to report the fraud and take action to retrieve some of your investment. Good Luck.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    It's quite good that this forum allows people to come together to share experiences of investments... as long as they are not spamming on behalf of investment companies or solicitors or saying something libellous.

I realise this post might not be appreciated as it certainly won't help you get your money back, but just an observation:

This is what can happen when you invest through unregulated investment companies promising the moon on a stick if you give them your money and allow them to take it to the other side of the world to invest, and you haven't spent a huge amount of time and effort and cost in researching the opportunity.

Legitimate regulated investment managers using public or private investment vehicles that invest in land or property or agribusiness opportunities may spend hundreds of thousands of pounds or even a million or more on legal and commercial due diligence when evaluating each of the opportunities in front of them. They sometimes get derided for high fees or fund running costs compared to a 'tracker' but can deliver good returns across a portfolio, and it will have been worth every penny trying to sort the wheat from the chaff (excuse the pun if we're talking agriculture investments).

By contrast a private investor considering buying into a rental income from a hotel room or the wine off an acre of vines or the yield from a wheat field does not have hundreds of thousands of pounds and wide resources at his disposal to investigate the opportunities presented to him by keen salesmen.

So, the simplest and most pain-free solution for the private investor is to not touch any of the unregulated opportunities with a bargepole.

*If the return sounds high for the supposed risk - it's too good to be true: walk away.

*If the return sounds low for the supposed risk - no need to invest: walk away.

*If the return sounds about right for the supposed risk - recognise that the risk is probably downplayed and the potential returns overstated if the promoter and fund manager and intermediaries are not all regulated: walk away.
  • bloque
    bloque Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the investor's club "Another investor". I've been waiting a long time to hear from a third investor. Also, thank you for sharing your e-mail from Gordon Verrall of CAA.

I've reported this to ASIC in Australia, Scam-watch in Australia, Serious Fraud office in the UK and FCA in the UK (as they won their high court case against Capital Alternatives).

If I were you, I would call the Liquidator's (Anthony) assistant Chaz Landa and enquire directly on the phone.

Chaz Landa,
    Email address: chaz.landa@bridgewood.co.uk
    Telephone: 0115 871 2926

See,
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2169203
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2169250
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2156498

for further details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories