🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scheduled Forum Downtime Fri 26 (from 7pm) – Sun 28 July 2013

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Is it anything to do with the new gmail tabs? Wonder if it's filtering them away from your main inbox (if you have them switched on).

Don't think so, as (a) I've turned that off as much as I can and (b) that gmail account I access almost exclusively via Thunderbird which makes means everything should go into my client inbox with no exceptions.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I haven't had any e-mail notifications since the forum came back on on Sunday. Very annoying.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Azzer007
    Azzer007 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 July 2013 at 8:47PM
    Options
    I use my own domain name email - it has no spam filters at all, so I can see every single email that comes through, and can set up <anything>@(my domain).com as tests, too. They aren't coming through. Have logged onto the server's CPanel and double checked the email folders through various webmails - definitely not getting anything, and double-checked that SpamAssassin etc. are not doing anything server-side (I generally use Mozilla's Thunderbird and IMap/Pop3 to receive emails).

Have also tried on an older NTLWorld email address (which is technically Virgin now - but it's an @ntlworld.com address) and no luck there.

Haven't had a single email since the start of the forum stuff on Friday. It is "daily digest" emails that I am not getting which I generally rely on as my only way to keep up with certain forums!
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not got any emails since it came at th weekend. Using totalise web mail (part of madasafish )
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,659 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above (#54). I use my own domain and Outlook with POP3.
    Nothing since the "upgrade"

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Headers from an email I just got through.
    From - Wed Jul 31 09:03:28 2013
    X-Account-Key: account5
    X-UIDL: AJgl5C4AAXxhUfjEMQYlzTTgmEs
    X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
    X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
    X-Mozilla-Keys:
    X-Apparently-To: [EMAIL="xxxxxx&#64;yahoo.co.uk"]xxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL] via 46.228.37.152; Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:00:49 +0000
    Received-SPF: none (domain of 499544-forumsweb1.moneysavingexpert.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
    X-Originating-IP: [162.13.48.89]
    Authentication-Results: mta1066.mail.ir2.yahoo.com from=moneysavingexpert.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=moneysavingexpert.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO 499556-mail1.moneysavingexpert.com) (162.13.48.89)
    by mta1066.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:00:49 +0000
    Received: from 499544-forumsweb1.moneysavingexpert.com (unknown [10.20.104.150])
    by 499556-mail1.moneysavingexpert.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id F37B083E3F
    for <xxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>; Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:00:48 +0100 (BST)
    Received: by 499544-forumsweb1.moneysavingexpert.com (Postfix, from userid 48)
    id ED7B123B83; Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:00:48 +0100 (BST)
    To: [EMAIL="xxxxxx&#64;yahoo.co.uk"]xxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Subject: Reply to thread 'Instant Notification Test Thread'
    X-PHP-Originating-Script: 502:class_mail.php
    From: "MoneySavingExpert.com Forums" <webmaster@moneysavingexpert.com>
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
    Message-ID: <20130731080048.2485d0cc8804@forums.moneysavingexpert.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
    Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:00:48 +0100 (BST)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gmail. Some are coming through, but not many, and not for PMs. It's not the Inbox thing because I have also turned it off, and they're not going to Spam because I looked ...

I have just 'Instantly' subscribed to this.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been all over forum today and still not getting notifications
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,659 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still no notifications. Tried sending myself a PM and didn't get notified about that either. Even tried editing (but not changing) my email address and saving it. Nothing, although PMs are in my forum inbox.
    If this is happening a lot, surely the count of forum posts will decline. I certainly won't visit it as much if you can't effectively interact with it.
    The beginning of the end...?

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Former_MSE_Ian
    Options
    HI all,

This is just to update you as to where we are with the investigation into the problems surrounding emails leaving the forums.

Over the weekend the forums moved house. While the way the forums send email has not changed, we are sending from somewhere new. This has not made any difference for many users. But some have definitely seen emails delayed or not arrive at all. With the help of users we have plenty of examples of destinations affected. If you are one of those affected, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We would appreciate your patience as we work in the coming days to improve this. I may also send you a private message in the near future asking you for an update.

Please understand we are working as quickly as we can to improve this aspect of the service. Meanwhile if you experience a problem caused by an essential email not arriving please contact forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com . If your problem relates to a particular forum user account please remember to email from the email address associated with that user account. This will enable us to deal with your problem more efficiently. Thank you.

Regards,
    Ian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills