Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Sarahj1590
    Sarahj1590 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Finally feel in a position to join in!

02/04 AIP from TSB
    10/05 Finally reserve a plot at the new build development we want
    11/05 HTB application sent, instructed solicitors, informed TSB we had found a property
    18/05 Call from TSB to say they have received everything they need (employer references, gift letter, etc) just waiting for HTB!
    20/05 Finally receive ATP from HTB!

Now waiting to here from TSB for when the valuation is!
  • kep79
    kep79 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    kep79 wrote: »
    22 Feb - pushed note through door expressing interest in buying house in area
    4 Mar - vendor replied, arranged viewing
    18 Mar - viewed house
    25 Mar - agreed price
    Sometime in April - vendor found house and agreed price
    Beginning of May - searches started by solicitor
    11 May - passed credit checks for mortgage, mortgage approved subject to underwriting checks and valuation
    12 May - application fully packaged by broker

Update

18 May - Natwest just wanted confirmation of zero balance on credit card (which was included in paperwork sent over, plus shows as zero on credit file as cleared months ago :mad:)
    22 May - valuation instructed

The last few days have been a little frustrating, but now just got to hope that the vendor can accommodate a quick valuation.... his life seems a little hectic and I'm concerned he will try to book it for a few weeks time!
    2014 - the year we became debt-free :T
    Best comp wins : £500 Star Wars Lego, £150 sk:n goodies
    2015 - please be the year our baby wish comes true (a new house as well would be lovely :) )
  • toddler9
    toddler9 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Just put our full mortgage application in with NatWest. We have a mortgage with them already which we are porting with additional borrowing on top for a bigger house. Just about scraped by on affordability because I had to have my husband as my dependent(new job for him just started)! However NatWest put any applications through with >£1 spare after their "stress testing" (ours was £11!)

We passed their internal credit check with "a high score" so has gone to underwriters for final assessment. Just need to keep an eye on bank account now for the valuation fee being deducted as this means it has been approved by the underwriters! Fingers crossed!
  • Hollievictoria
    Options
    I've been following this thread seeing fast responses with Natwest, which we hadn't had because of our broker!! I've joined and I'm looking for advice!

31/04 - Viewed
    31/04 - Offered 1k under
    05/05 - Offer accepted
    06/06 - AIP with Broker with Nat west
    07/06 - solictors instructed
    11/06 - Full app to Nat west
    18/06 - Emailed broker for progress and he said all checks done he's awaiting the offer
    20/06 - emailed again and he said these things take a while
    I've had no survey come out of my card

My impatience got the better of me today and I've now found out he hasn't sent any of the paperwork or sample signatures or direct debit mandate off! I am so furious!! Almost applied two weeks ago!!!
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stassy23 wrote: »
    20/05/15 mortgage has been accepted :-)
    Just got to wait for valuation im still in shock

I would have thought the valuation would have been done first before your mortgage was accepted?
  • stassy23
    stassy23 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Santander do valuation after the mortgage application apparently
  • stassy23
    stassy23 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    ellie27 wrote: »
    I would have thought the valuation would have been done first before your mortgage was accepted?

Is this a bad thing now that they haven't done valuation before?
  • Mrspaintpot
    Mrspaintpot Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    hi guys, Receved our KEY fact paperwork today, we did our halifax applacation over 2 weeks ago with reeds rains our estate agent. They said we should know by today but not heard anything just this letter. Can the mortage still be declined if i have had this or is it just a thing they send everybody? We have passed the checks with the broker, and when they serched the market halifax came up, and we have applied to them. I'm stressed, and wanted to celebrate over the weekend but have a feeling in my gut something is going to happen. :-(
  • ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi guys, Receved our KEY fact paperwork today, we did our halifax applacation over 2 weeks ago with reeds rains our estate agent. They said we should know by today but not heard anything just this letter. Can the mortage still be declined if i have had this or is it just a thing they send everybody? We have passed the checks with the broker, and when they serched the market halifax came up, and we have applied to them. I'm stressed, and wanted to celebrate over the weekend but have a feeling in my gut something is going to happen. :-(

The Key Facts sheets, we had them for a couple different lenders BEFORE we submitted the full application. Our broker showed us them to help decide which mortgage to apply for. So the key facts are papers that I guess everyone would see before applying, sorry!
  • loubylou18
    loubylou18 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    have finally had our mortgage application approved, 6 weeks from when we applied. just got to hope the value survey is ok :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback