Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• lepetitmanoir
    Options
    Vok wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/03/15 - Got my mortgage with Natwest approved subject to valuation.

Both we both pulled out a day before Mortgage valuation. Basically I also wanted a HBS done and he refused due to work commitments and also wouldn’t let the EA have the keys because of her pets.I even suggested weekend and it was a NO AM BUSY. He is happy to give 30mins of his time for the valuation to be done but not the HBS. He is not happy to take the time off work for a 2-3hrs HBS.
    I said if I can’t do my HBS then am not happy to proceed and he said fine. The EA also told him that they not happy to continue marketing the property because of what has happened.
    Am happy to spend my money to carry out the HBS on the property so the least I expect is access.
    So am back to square one L

I'm sorry to hear this! What a pain. Makes you wonder if there is some sort of a problem a survey would reveal or they're just as awkward as hell. Either way you're better off without.

I hope you find something very soon and have better luck.
  • Vok_2
    Vok_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much lepetitmanoir, I hope so too.
  • Paulpen
    Paulpen Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our application will be made by our broker first thing in the morning - guess we now start the waiting game !
    Initial debt - £184,000
    Current debt - £150,163
    Currently end date - Q4 2045
  • dats
    dats Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Vok - hopefully you'll find something else soon and it'll be even better!
  • Vok_2
    Vok_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much Dats.

Am just soooo stressed now as I had my mortgage approved subject to the valuation. Am just waiting to know where this leaves me as I am limited to lenders because I have a defult on my file and I have been declined once already.
  • pl6pilgrim
    pl6pilgrim Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Here's my current timeline, and whilst I don't think there is anythin Nationwide can pick up on, it's still a nerve racking time nonetheless.

06/03/2015 - Our house listed
    09/03/2015 - Offer accepted from FTB fior £1.5k less than asking price.
    23/03/2015 - View property for ourselves, offer £5k less than ask and offer accepted.
    27/03/2015 - Meet with MB who has already had most of our information and has got us a DIP with Nationwide, and submits full application.
    27/03/2015 - Text received from Nationwide to say application received.
    30/03/2015 - Text from Nationwide to say that valuation and survey been booked, and EA confirms valuation to take place on 07/04/2015 (a week from today, which I think is good ocnsidering the 2 BH's in between).
    07/04/2015 - Valuation Undertaken and text received from Nationwide to say they have received the report.
    09/04/2015 - Text received this morning to say mortgage offer issued and in the post.

Can't really complain with a 7 working day turnaround! One hurdle out of the way!
  • dats
    dats Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Vok wrote: »
    Thank you very much Dats.

Am just soooo stressed now as I had my mortgage approved subject to the valuation. Am just waiting to know where this leaves me as I am limited to lenders because I have a defult on my file and I have been declined once already.

Purchases fall through all the time - I think although an application is processed with a particular property in mind, as long as your circumstances don't change and you find something comparable, most lenders would still lend on a different property. Your defaults shouldn't matter, if they'd already agreed to lend to you.

It'll work out, eventually! (My mantra, currently...)
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Mortgage offer has been issued. Mega relieved!
  • Bellerina
    Bellerina Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bellerina wrote: »
    Nervously waiting on updates from L&C for our mortgage offer from Santander and the refresh button is going to be worn out soon! I'm hoping joining in here might be a good distraction for me!

Timeline so far:

23/02 DIP obtained from L&C brokers, 90% LTV
    24/02 Offer accepted on purchase STC (buying from a family member)
    10/03 EA instructed, photos taken
    11/03 House on market
    14/03 Viewings
    19/03 Sale agreed STC, instructed broker to prepare full application
    24/03 Further docs provided to broker, solicitor instructed
    26/03 MA submitted to Santander
    26/03 Broker confirmed credit check and affordability passed
    30/03 Buyer's valuation carried out (Halifax)
    31/03 P60 requested by Santander
    01/04 P60 uploaded

nothing since.... Looking at some of your posts we should be expecting either confirmation of the valuation instruction or a further request for docs today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed its the former!

Thanks for the tip Lilhobo!

Just had news that the mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation, followed very quickly by a call to set up the valuation. :j

Update to timeline:

09/04 Mortgage agreed subject to valuation, booked to value on 15/04
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)
    I have been following this thread with great interest and thought I would join in. I am an extremely nervous FTB and I can’t help but think something will go wrong.
    This is my timescale:

21.03.15 - MIP agreed with Natwest (via broker)
    01.04.15 – Offer accepted on home
    02.04.15 – Organised our solicitor
    04.04.15 – Full application sent to Natwest
    07.04.15 – Memorandum of sale rec from EA.
    Hopefully we will not be waiting too long; however with the bank holiday just after applying, I think it may be a while.
    Congratulations to everyone who has already heard and good luck to everyone else. I did not realise how nerve wracking this would be.
    Also house has had nothing done to it in 25 years, so I am also hoping that it passes the valuation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback