Easylife73’s looong journey to…well…hopefully an easy life!

Options

Comments

• easylife73
    Options
    Hi Roaring Twenties :hello:

It won't take long to read through my diary I'm afraid! New baby is indeed lovely but soooooo tiny!

Made another OP tonight from ebay sales of £35.89, so have updated my sig to reflect both the OP and sales for the challenges. Should have had another £10 or so, but one of my ebay sales have contacted me to say they don't want the item as their daughter and wife have accidentally double purchased the same thing, and had a no show from a local facebook sale as well. Annoying :mad:

Have been to my French class tonight, but saved myself just over a pound by taking my own coffee with me, so if I can carry on doing that each week I might OP a few more pounds every month. :D
  • easylife73
    Options
    Have been shopping today for paint for the boys rooms, and have chosen the carpets although not ordered yet. Filled in the online form and paid for both the boys passports to be renewed, as DS2 is going on a school trip to France later this year. Also realised that although we've changed energy suppliers they haven't quite managed to transfer us properly and the old supplier hasn't closed our account. So all in all quite an expensive day.

On the plus side, another small OP today of £7 from a facebook sale. A few ebay auctions are ending tomorrow but not much interest really, so not expecting much.
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Well done on the eBay sales, you have my sympathy in the no-shows, it is irksome :mad:. I have made £1.50 on the sale of two nursing bras so I'm feeling flush :D

I'm impressed by your French class, my DS is learning basic French at school & keeps trying to converse with me & I'm having to trawl my memory as I just don't speak any these days. I keep saying to my OH that it'd be better if he was learning Spanish [STRIKE]cos I'm pretending that my Spanish is better than my French, which really is completely untrue [/STRIKE] :rotfl:
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • easylife73
    Options
    Oooh Roaring a whole £1.50, what will you spend it on? :D

The no shows are annoying, I've also got a non-payer on ebay who hasn't even contacted me. Even more bizarrely, I've had messages through ebay from someone who has informed me that an item I have listed for £15 + £9 postage is currently reduced to £25 new in sainsburys, and a person on facebook who felt the need to private message me three times to tell me I'd never get the £5 I was asking for for another item. I mean, surely it's fair enough to think it, but you don't need to go as far as actually messaging someone do you? He's even gone to the trouble of finding a picture where someone else is selling it for £2. I based my price on what people were selling them for on ebay, but if I've got it wrong the worst that will happen is it doesn't sell. Either way, why is it bothering him so much :huh:

My French isn't great to be fair, and certain Spanish words keep trying to pop out in place of the French ones, but I'm determined this time not to get defeated by the grammar.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I keep saying to my OH that it'd be better if he was learning Spanish [STRIKE]cos I'm pretending that my Spanish is better than my French, which really is completely untrue [/STRIKE] :rotfl:
    Realistically though they are unlikely to be teaching him to order a large beer and gin and tonic :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Realistically though they are unlikely to be teaching him to order a large beer and gin and tonic :D

That's the problem with modern education gg, it's too abstract & just not enough about the real world :rotfl:
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    easylife73 wrote: »
    Oooh Roaring a whole £1.50, what will you spend it on? :D

The no shows are annoying, I've also got a non-payer on ebay who hasn't even contacted me. Even more bizarrely, I've had messages through ebay from someone who has informed me that an item I have listed for £15 + £9 postage is currently reduced to £25 new in sainsburys, and a person on facebook who felt the need to private message me three times to tell me I'd never get the £5 I was asking for for another item. I mean, surely it's fair enough to think it, but you don't need to go as far as actually messaging someone do you? He's even gone to the trouble of finding a picture where someone else is selling it for £2. I based my price on what people were selling them for on ebay, but if I've got it wrong the worst that will happen is it doesn't sell. Either way, why is it bothering him so much :huh:.

That is bizarre! As you say, think it by all means, but going to the trouble of repeatedly messaging someone to tell them?! Some people have far too much time on their hands :D
  • easylife73
    Options
    Another OP of £10 from a facebook sale, two of the items from last week's no show, so glad they're gone. Hopefully have another collection tomorrow for £5, and have a £3 sale on ebay, but won't OP that until I've posted it and know the actual profit. Annoyed yet again with ebay, as I had a message from someone this afternoon who was trying to bid on a children's cutlery set, but ebay wouldn't let her unless she had a card registered, due to it containing a knife :mad: So no sale there as presumably she wasn't able to sort it out in time. I'm going to reduce the price of the item that was for sale so cheap in sainsburys, or maybe try it on facebook first at the original price...in fact, I think I'll do that right now while I'm thinking about it....
  • easylife73
    Options
    Item that was reduced in Sainsburys sold on facebook for £15, plus a school blazer DS had outgrown for £5, so that along with £2.02 profit on a printer cartridge for our old printer on ebay, makes another £22.02 from selling stuff. When I joined the selling challenge to make £1000 this year from selling unwanted stuff, I thought it would be completely unachievable, but I'm pleasantly surprised that so far since the beginning of January I've managed to make £94.99 :j If I can carry on selling at this rate I might just make it, and even if I don't I'll still have hopefully made a reasonable amount (and decluttered a lot!)

Have used the above profits to OP £26.44, along with a bit of cashback...goodness knows what the people at the building society and bank make of my random transfers of money :rotfl:

I also raided DH's top drawer where he seems to drop all his spare change. So far this year I've scavenged about £10 and he doesn't appear to have noticed yet :D

I have been very good and have taken both DSs to get their photos done and have posted off their passport renewals, so am feeling very virtuous, although I'm a bit annoyed as I did the application online and before the payment screen it said you had to send your original documents so I paid the extra £3 each to have them securely returned. However, when I printed the completed paperwork to send off all I need to send is the form, photos and old passport, so there's nothing to actually return. £6 paid out for nothing, which I think is a bit naughty of them really :mad:

Anyway, off to hopefully spend a relaxing evening cross-stitching and watching TV as DH is on a late shift and I have the remote to myself :)
  • easylife73
    Options
    OPed another £55 yesterday...£25 from the sale of a job lot of toys on facebook and £30 from the cashback we got from changing gas & electricity supplier through Martin's Energy Club.

Tonight I've done my tax return, despite being told when I logged on that I didn't need to do one! I did some self employed work between September 2013 and March 2014 and I am absolutely sure that I registered as self employed, but I've never received anything through the post or by email, so used an old logon to go online to see. Have done the return even though it said it wasn't due, as obviously I did earn the money and do need to pay tax, so I'm hoping I haven't somehow fallen foul of HMRC anyway :eek:

So the tax has been paid, as I had set it aside back in March ready to pay.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback