Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    Options
    Take it a day at a time hun....and you will get there....

I'm doing okay thanks hun....Passed my Third Year Essay at College this Week so I'm VERY happy.... :D

Do PM me if you need to talk or rant or rave or cry or scream...or just to say hello ;)
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Take it a day at a time hun....and you will get there....

I'm doing okay thanks hun....Passed my Third Year Essay at College this Week so I'm VERY happy.... :D

Do PM me if you need to talk or rant or rave or cry or scream...or just to say hello ;)

Well done on the essay - just one more year to go isn't there?
    Must use my stash up!
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Yep, just one more year to go....can't wait in some ways!!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Hmm things not going too well here, I've been really ill, my computer hasn't been much better! and because I felt totally carp I over spent on on-line games :mad:

Time to knuckle down and start again!

Hello Knit Witch, :hello:

Sorry to read that you've been struggling with health & technology, and feeling depressed (- escapism via excessive on-line gaming?).

It's hard when the world outside is damp, cold and grey - as it is where you are (am reliably informed ;)).

(((Hugs))) and hope you're feeling better soon. Cuddles to Celtic Doggies (am I right in thinking you now have two?).
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Hello Knit Witch, :hello:

Sorry to read that you've been struggling with health & technology, and feeling depressed (- escapism via excessive on-line gaming?).

It's hard when the world outside is damp, cold and grey - as it is where you are (am reliably informed ;)).

(((Hugs))) and hope you're feeling better soon. Cuddles to Celtic Doggies (am I right in thinking you now have two?).

Two terriers yes! and escapism sums it up (add in steroids so the weight has gone up and pain, meaning painkillers, making my mood plummet and my weight go up - which makes my mood plummet and leads to gaming to try and distract myself *sigh*)
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Two terriers yes! and escapism sums it up (add in steroids so the weight has gone up and pain, meaning painkillers, making my mood plummet and my weight go up - which makes my mood plummet and leads to gaming to try and distract myself *sigh*)

Of course - your Celtic Terriers! (Was tempted to call 'em 'hounds' but knew that wasn't quite right, lol).

Steroids are hell on mood and weight - don't know what to suggest except getting out as often as feasible, to watch your dogs having fun in the fresh [very fresh] air..

Want to know how much I've spent [STRIKE]wasting time[/STRIKE] avoiding the stuff I ought to be doing, by playing silly games on line?
    £2.89. Had to deposit a tenner to join [monarch's name], then discovered [£2.89 later] that the games can be played for free. Short games - requiring least concentration and offering potential for shortest time lost. :o
    Still prefer Sp!der So!itare though (off-line and free ;)).
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Of course - your Celtic Terriers! (Was tempted to call 'em 'hounds' but knew that wasn't quite right, lol).

Steroids are hell on mood and weight - don't know what to suggest except getting out as often as feasible, to watch your dogs having fun in the fresh [very fresh] air..

Want to know how much I've spent [STRIKE]wasting time[/STRIKE] avoiding the stuff I ought to be doing, by playing silly games on line?
    £2.89. Had to deposit a tenner to join [monarch's name], then discovered [£2.89 later] that the games can be played for free. Short games - requiring least concentration and offering potential for shortest time lost. :o
    Still prefer Sp!der So!itare though (off-line and free ;)).

At the moment I can't let them out (well I can let one out but not the young one!) as the 8 month old pup has discovered how to escape the garden!! so I have to let him out on an extender lead, which means I have to stand which leads to more pain ......

The fence is getting fixed on Thursday! (it is next doors fence but they are happy for us to go ahead and get it done)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay the fence got fixed up, just in time to not be able to let the dogs out as next doors kids and dogs are there all the time due to the school holidays :rotfl:

I have some generic plans for next year (not saying I will lose x amount of weight, I will clear y amount of debt, I will save z amount as things change!), OH (Dr Warlock) has muttered that he would like to go back to Japan for a holiday so I want to bust the blubber and clear the CC/save some money so I can enjoy it!

The main things for this coming year involve a clear out of various bits and getting the next thing in the house sorted (which could be the boiler/central heating :eek:), oh and using my yarn stash up, to give me the excuse to buy some more :o

1. Read 214 books
    2. Knit 16 squares
    3. At least 1 new recipe every 4 weeks
    4. Use make-up at least once a week
    5. Finish sweater
    6. Finish tapestry
    7. Finish Map of Durham
    8. Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld)
    9. Use up all the odds and sods of lotions and potions!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Raggydoll85
    Options
    8. Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld)

Ive read all of the discworld collection!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE :) hehehe
    LBM 17/09/2013 [STRIKE]£4283.40[/STRIKE] November 2015 total [STRIKE]£4339.45[/STRIKE]
    Current total 29/11/2015 £4226.43
    CC - £3844.31 :eek: NW OD - [STRIKE]£500[/STRIKE] £382.12
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive read all of the discworld collection!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE :) hehehe

Oh so do I! Dr Warlock got Raising Steam from the Library and I want to have re-read all the others before I read that one (and yes that does include The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents and the Tiffany Aching ones!)
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport